Dash cams

Fabhui

I've just got a NextBase 512G for the same reason, not the cheapest but I've been very impressed with it so far.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dashboard-Digital-Recorder-Anti-glare-Polarising/dp/B014EW49CO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451514381&sr=8-1&keywords=nextbase+512g

Edited by MartynGT4

I had a cobra for Xmas and it's already gone back. I've had a next base from halfrauds.

The cobra was £65 and a great picture but it wouldn't play back and kept loosing the time/date which is no good for a claim.

The tcl 200 looses it's time /date as well according to the reviews.

This next base I've had is superb . It's £75 plus sd card at £15 for a 32mb which is good for 4 hrs memory before it loops over

I'm tempted by the Transcend Pro 200 as it's on offer at the moment and already comes boxed with an SD card.

The only thing putting me off is that it doesn't look very discreet and might be a temptation for scumbag thieves. Ideally I don't want to be having to fit the unit everytime I get in the car and removing it when I leave the car.

all great........ but the cable dangling is a pain in the a$$

Just buy a hard wire kit and chase the cable round the windscreen trim to the fuse box and piggy back a fuse that's only live when the ignition is turned on. Did mine the other day, only took an hour and most of that was me trying to find a suitable ground.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nextbase-Car-Camera-Hard-Wire/dp/B00XHYSQAC/ref=sr_1_1/276-1415975-2603923?ie=UTF8&qid=1451574986&sr=8-1&keywords=dashcam+hardwire+kit

Edited by MartynGT4

all great........ but the cable dangling is a pain in the a$$

I bought some of these to tidy up the dashboard as a semi-permanent solution

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-Black-Plastic-Wire-Tie-Rectangle-Cable-Mount-Clip-Clamp-Self-adhesive-/361457617870?hash=item54288d8bce:g:Ny4AAOSwbdpWXWPx

I have literally just bought a mini 0801 and a hard wire kit for my disco 4 . Hopefully never use it but one day might be worth it's weight in gold

Set the settings so the screen goes off after a few seconds & a bit of tape over the blue flashing light ( it will annoy you).If tucked behind the rear mirror you won't even know it's there.

I bought one built into a rear view mirror, good wide view and didn't break the bank! Make sure you buy a class 10 card or better though. Be aware though! They can be used against you as well as help you! Thinking of upgrading to a better one myself.

But only if YOU break the law...

Mike.