Six Nations

guest1957

No - I'm more worried by Italy, that's how poor Scotland are at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gou1cspUfdY

well old bean, your probably right to be worried ;)

The thing about Rugby is there are very few fluke results, the best team generally wins on the day. Most fans respect that and just enjoy the series. Its good to watch and both sides shake hands at the end. Thats what makes it different..

:good:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Rugby is there are very few fluke results, the best team generally wins on the day. Most fans respect that and just enjoy the series. Its good to watch and both sides shake hands at the end. Thats what makes it different..

Good point, well put. A lot of other sports could learn from that.

This is set up for a great 2nd half. Credit to Wales for hanging in there when the momentum was with Ireland for most of that half.

What a Block down by Devin Toner, and what a length of an Arm...It looked as if Dan Donnelly' had came back from the grave and took up Rugby instead of Boxing :)

Well what a bruising battle that was. Hats of to both teams but dissapointed Ireland didnt come away with the Win.

Edited by SuperGoose75

Sorry to say but fed up with shymid style,kick chase with players who can't, zebo pointless, better out there and no plan b,they were unable to even conjur a way past the welsh defence same old same old going backwards in my opinion did no one/coach study how the southern hemisphere play.....

Sorry to say but fed up with shymid style,kick chase with players who can't, zebo pointless, better out there and no plan b,they were unable to even conjur a way past the welsh defence same old same old going backwards in my opinion did no one/coach study how the southern hemisphere play.....

Be fair not a great game but an evenly matched teams, let's see if other teams can cope with being pressed hard and hold out.

Edited by E.w.

I could name a few countries that wouldn't class two six nations back to back as going backwards. Two good defences won today in my book. Zebo, I agree but injuries have taken their toll. No excusses tho.

Just to much pointless kicking with no invention no trickery pile in slow ball box kick possession back, lack of any kind of territorial thought no point in wingers who don't get the ball,centres who after charging into opposite number 20 times havent got the knowledge to try something different even grubber kick thru ,kick to corner etc nah just thunder away and call it good defence this is why we will never count against the top sides to 1 dimensional.....everyone says what a coach he his but sometimes instead of being so focussed on the opposition it and be about playing to our strengths...........

Hope Joe was watching to see how rugby shd be played.............well done,,, yet again Ireland great defence but offering nothing in the other direction he,s learned nothing from last year when they won(sneaked) it on points difference,, now were out of it hopefully he will be more expansive tho I doubt it...........

Italy weren't that good first half, most of the play in England's hands and the Italians had a brief spurt before half time. As previous match, Englands defence was rock solid and Italy only put points on the board as a result of penalties given by England.

If the team and coaching can improve that then it's going to be hard for anyone this side of the equator to beat them.

It reaffirms what I thought during the World Cup, some outstanding talent not selected for play and some abysmal coaching led to Englands failure. Now we have a decent coach with a wealth of experience and the proper approach we can start winning games again.

Glad to see the back of Lancaster.

Through my rose tinted glasses.

Edited by mick miller

Hartleys line outs were poor,v lucky not to get pinged for not straight...penalty count again poor......like the look though of the new caps especially Otojo......and Ben Youngs man of match really??!!.........Still worry Northern hemisphere have learnt little about pace/variation/quick ball/dynamcic phases..........sure defences look v v good,especially Welsh but the quality of rugby,especially in first 60 minutes of all the games should'nt have the ABS losing much sleep.....not sure England have their half backs right yet either...but wow England have some squad depth and some youngsters to get excited about.....

Bring on Ireland!!

Ah the Bravado..England have had two decent wins over Teams they would be expected to beat 9 times outa 10' although it has to be said both them teams have from what i can see' Have improved signifcantly so they were good results.

I would get the "Bring on Ireland" if it was a fully fit Squad that was heading to Twickenham with two wins under their belt and not a Side that has lost one and drawn one, and with a Squad depleted with injuries and Key players missing.Given these Circumstances and the fact England have Home advantage next week I think it will be a very tall order for Ireland to come away with anything and fully Expect an England win. That Said it is England v Ireland after all and nothing should come easy for either Teams. The results of next weeks games should give a better bearing on things as to where the Championship is going.

Ireland I feel already have lost grip on one of the handles and the other is getting very slippy.!