Torch

steve_b_wales

We have an LEDlenser, and a few different Ultrafire China specials...

Some argue the China torches are rubbish - you get what you pay for blah blah. The China torches whip **** in grand style! And I much prefer the cast aluminium compared to plastic.

Iv a handful of tiny £3 torches which use a single AAA battery, keep them in the car or handy in your pocket at night. And iv 2 XML-T6 which cost £8 each that take the 18650 I use these alot.

The 3 or 5 modes can be a pain, but you get used to it.

Steer well clear of Ultrafire rechargeable batteries - stick to well known makes, I use Panasonic batteries in all my kit.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that it has a 3000 lumen power output, but it is very bright, and, as mentioned, for less than a fiver, it's got to be worth it. The battery cost me more than the torch!

I have one torch that's supposed to use a 18650 battery but I've only ever used it with an AA which gives a very acceptable light output.

Might be worth trying yours with an AA if only for comparison? If you do, let us know how it goes. :good:

Received mine on Friday.

Silly me thought I could pop down the local diy store for a better but being France the answer was 'non'

Have ordered from a French hunting site( eBay for guns) at the grand total of £5.34 for two including charger- hopefully it arrives next week.

As per the comment above- construction in aluminium seems really good.

hello, thanks steve, i have just bought one as that cheapy from lidl was **** note i find post from hongkong much quicker than the china post system.

I thought that was my imagination,but you have hust confirmed it..

So stuff from HONGKONG Gets here quicker official.lol.

hello, thanks steve, i have just bought one as that cheapy from lidl was **** note i find post from hongkong much quicker than the china post system.

I thought that was my imagination,but you have just confirmed it..

So stuff from HONGKONG Gets here quicker official.lol.

I should be on commission! :)

I buy Panasonic batteries via Amazon. Around £11.50 for two, but good quality. Stay clear of Ultrafire ones.

Thanks for that. Excuse my ignorance but can I charge them in a normal wall charger or do I need a separate charger for the higher voltage?

get your 18650 batterys from any old laptop batterys, the laptop says there faulty and capput, believe me there all good when you strip it down and end up with 6 or 8 very useable, rechargeable batterys from inside, ive got at least 20 odd of them and all from so called ''faulty" laptop batterys :good: .

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Steve,is there a make of battery and charger you've found best ? Where did you get them ?

These are excellent batteries:

https://www.batterystation.co.uk/rechargeable-batteries/xtar-rechargeable-batteries/18650-rechargeable-li-ion-flashlight-batteries

And I use a Nitecore Intelligent charger. (Intellicharger)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NiteCore-charger-suitable-re-chargeable-batteries/dp/B00IRXTL16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457629265&sr=8-1&keywords=nitecore+charger