Street beggers earning £500 a day!

Vince Green

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only ever helped two homeless people years n years ago,one was an old bloke in Nottingham who was easily in his late 80s who was truly in a wretched state,he wasn't asking anyone for anything so I went to the nearest chippy and got him large fish chips beans and a cuppa tea,he burst into tears and thanked me . It was quite upsetting as he was as old as my grandad, I hope he got sorted out in the end . The other guy I helped was sat outside an off licence in mansfield with a card sign that read "could you spare any change,it's for ale and fags" so I threw him a quid for being honest!

was talking to my "right on" nephew who lives in London and he said some of the more deserving beggars (those with more than two dogs or one with a limp) have an appointment system and a minimum rate, appointments can only be made through their secretary and there is often a long waiting list, Some A listers make more than plumbers :yes:

There is a word used to describe people who tar an entire race or culture or even nation with the actions of a few.................................................... i wonder if that applies to describing homeless people who live on the street as well?

Please,,please tell us the WORD. I,m dying to know what it is,,how many letters is it ? Go on ,,go on,,you know you want to.

I am quite philanthropic, but only give to RNLI or British Legion on the streets.

Mainly because I don't trust that my hard earned money will be fairly used by the remainder of the beggars (individuals, or organisations).

And therein lies the rub. There are probably some genuine cases out there who do need a couple of quid but I'm not clever enough to differentiate.

You have also reminded me of my new bete noire - charity collectors going pub to pub with a collecting tin and an "official" pass (without a photo) collecting for sick children - Every charity I've ever been involved in has a name, branding and photo ID. They must get fifty from every pub they hit.

There is a word used to describe people who tar an entire race or culture or even nation with the actions of a few.................................................... i wonder if that applies to describing homeless people who live on the street as well?

That looks a bit dodgy,,,but to be generous though it may be a clue to the WORD.

I think its ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

black,,,and I claim my five pounds!