boundry issue

mattyg1086

Our next door neighbour used to own my property as it used to be his in laws they took over the garden in my property and built a small swimming pool in the end of what would be my garden i currently have about half of the full length but we are unsure as when the sale went through there was nothing in the contract about any boundary changes and thats when they moved that land into thier name its very complicated to explain without pictures

A sale off of part of someone else's garden or house would have involved a plan, which you should have studied. That'd be the starting point of an investigation.

Your solicitor might not know if the plan differs from what you expected to be buying as usually the solicitor does not visit site or walk the boundaries on the average domestic purchase, and will expect you to read the plan & check it for compliance with the plot you are expecting to receive.

right...lets get this straight....

you bought a property.....and then next door have put some of that land onto their deeds...

you need to go back to your sale and get the deeds of the sale of the house as it will show on there what area you bought.......if it includes the swimming pool then opens up a can of worms

right...lets get this straight....

you bought a property.....and then next door have put some of that land onto their deeds...

you need to go back to your sale and get the deeds of the sale of the house as it will show on there what area you bought.......if it includes the swimming pool then opens up a can of worms

Exactly.

First port of call is for the OP to check his deeds to confirm the properties boundries.

So they sold it saying no boundary changes, then changed the boundary the day you moved in , yes? If they / you signed saying no boundary changes then what's the problem ? You bought it "as is" and they signed to say so. Just claim the pool and any other land you bought..

So they sold it saying no boundary changes, then changed the boundary the day you moved in , yes? If they / you signed saying no boundary changes then what's the problem ? You bought it "as is" and they signed to say so. Just claim the pool and any other land you bought..

now that would be good free pool

just to give you an idea of what costs can get to and probably beyond. a very good friend of a friend was having a boundary dispute ongoing last year over his back garden in a small urban semi, i cannot give you the exact details but do know for sure that his solicitor or lawyer (apologies if one is not the other) was extremely confident to the point of that it was a done deal that the dispute would be upheld in his favour. anyroads he pushed forward with it and was confident, he lost the dispute and had to pay all costs which amounted to £23,000. financial devistation and quite traumatic i would think in his circumstance.

atb with it

7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek