Hiring paintball equipment

Sir_Adam

Stag do, water activity, guns and alcohol. :no:

This sounds like a wind up, but I think you already know this is a stupid idea. You'll have armed police onto you in no time and the shooting industry gets another mark against its name.

Paintball guns aside, people seem to think that water activities are fun and no risk to life. People die all the time in alcohol/water based stupidity. I have a metal plate and seven pins in my hand from a sailing accident and I wasn't even drunk.

Edited by Billy.

Never heard of anywhere that hires out paintball guns.

Try sending a pm to NickyT on here or shootclay as paintball is his stock in trade.

Have to agree that even paintball guns in public on a canal would be viewed dimly by plod if a member of the public called it in. As they're still classed as an air gun.

Would catapults and paintballs not be better, the fishing types with larger pockets,could be ideal and cheap. Would still splat a paintball pretty hard on your mates.

Edited by figgy

Been looking online and it looks like hire of paintball guns is a no no due the restrictions them being air weapons.

Have a look on you tube at paintball slingshots. Safety specs or better still safety googles are a must,eye patches only look good on pirates and Gabriel.

Sure King Harold said nah it's fine what could possibly go wrong,and of course he was right.

Edited by figgy

SirAdam, forget the paintball guns and the barges, get yourself some Bowls and join the local crown green bowling club. You can drink lime and lemonade to your hearts content and have the time of your life's.

And for goodness sake don't get enjoying yourself while your at it.

I must admit I am with Billy on this .

It only takes someone to partake in a little too much alcohol ( which is a bit of a given on a stag do ) and someone could be going home minus an eye , not a good look for the wedding .

Unless it's Pirate themed :)

I'm only being quiet as today was my last day at work for a while and I have been tidying up accounts. In honesty in disappointed that from so many guys that give so fun and banter that all I get is the sort of lecture my grandad would give. If I wanted morse dull comments I would of posted some rubbish about what's going on in the news like everyone else does so that everyone can formulate an opinion on what everyone else has already stated. However although I don't post that much I do read a whole lot had I hoped some of you more experienced gentlemen from all walks of life m would of had some valued input rather than telling me what not to do. Shame I hope all of you have Had some fun in your life rather than being boring miserable farts. Thanks too all of you that have had valued input

This could go one of two ways - either everything is fine, you all have a great time, all you have to cope with is a stonking hangover and you can write off the advice here as coming from a bunch of grumpy old farts. Alternatively, someone gets badly hurt, a great weekend turns into a nightmare and you wish you had listened to those older and wiser.... In the end, it is your call and if it is the latter scenario, I hope that it does not involve someone outside your party who has not made the decision to take part.

Sir Adam air soft pistols in shorts can be more fun less messy and not bother boat users if away from them. Decent pair of glasses and all should be ok.

The reason most on here are giving advice that boats alcohol and high spirited fun is a bad idea, is because history shows it to be so.

Don't think any on here are killjoys but time and place is a great factor in that.

If looked at logically a group of young men having a alcohol fuelled stag do with air weapons upon a vessel that weighs many tonnes in a public place. The chance someone being hurt or worse is very high.

Hope whatever you decide to do you all have a great time and plenty of embarrassing memories :good: