arrrrrrrrrr that sound........

trakker01

i was having a bit of a sort out..& came across a couple of old pink floyd albums..the wall( every one has) & delicate sound of thunder..

wow..the memories they brought back, from 79-90's ,the good ol' days on the cycle, plenty of party's ,girls & great sounds..

sure brought the hairs on ma back up!! niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.. B)

what a sound!!!!!!!! :good:

Delicate sounds of thunder is fantastic. Went to see the Australian Pink Floyd a couple of weeks back, outstanding. If anyones a floyd fan and haven't see the Ozzy version go and see it. The only Floyd cover band to actually be endorsed by Pink Floyd themselves.

+ the original set from the pulse tour

Sunday mornings growing up at home, my old man used to go through his LP collection. Floyd, Dire straits, Yes, Bread, Who, Santana, Hendrix, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Al Stewart, Fleetwood Mac (early years), Jethro Tull (Heavy Horses), Led Zepplin....................................

Guess it rubbed off on me, I can't stand all this modern **** they churn out. I still listen to all the above plus Queen, Gary Moore, Genesis, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Guns 'n Roses basically anything that's got good guitar rifts, bass lines and drum solos I.E PROPER BANDS, PROPER MUSIC

SS :good:

Now I am only 29 but Floyd are legendary, love every album even the insane ummagumma!!

Remember sitting in my dads mates (sadly deceased RIP) house listening to the vinyl, god that sounded amazing, even better than the digitally remastered ones I have on CD :D

Have every one except Saucer full of secrets and Meddle, they seem quite tricky to get hold of!

What Dave Gilmour can do with a guitar is unbelievable B)

This is a great site for any Floyd fan too - CLICKY

Best album - Dark Side of the Moon

Favourite song - either Wish you were here or Comfortably Numb (why did the scissor sisters ruin it :good: )

There is no dark side of the moon you know, dut to the fact it's all dark.........

Whilst on a adventure training exercise sailing round the Baltic sea in the early 1990's; I ended one night in the flat of two very 'friendly' Danish nurses, listening to the Floyd's Dark side... and 'relaxing' with some form of chemical accompaniment. Top night! And not a story I've shared with the now Mrs Lefty.

Before the days of CDT, thankfully!

I went to the Wall concert (gig) at Earls Court with my brother, even though I wasn't that much of fan - it was a pretty awesome experience and one I will never forget.

My son can't stand any more than about 30 seconds of it and walks out of the room shaking his head, generation gap maybe?

i was having a bit of a sort out..& came across a couple of old pink floyd albums..the wall( every one has) & delicate sound of thunder..

wow..the memories they brought back, from 79-90's ,the good ol' days on the cycle, plenty of party's ,girls & great sounds..

sure brought the hairs on ma back up!! niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.. :lol:

what a sound!!!!!!!! :good:

We went to see Floyd at Earls Court last time round and yes completely blown away, brought it all back grown men were crying.......

Whist we are on the subject of the good times did any of you go to see Hendrix last gig at Freshwater Isle of Wight, would have been very early 70,s from memory?

They coudnt bake enough bread to feed us all (thousands upon thousands) and everything was in very short supply or running out, one morning there was a mass exodus to the sea, everyone was naked, :lol: good days.............showing my vintage now :D:lol:

B) D2D

The first taste of Floyd I got was Wish You Were Here. My dad bought it and I can remember sitting in his Mk1 Cavalier for hours listening to it.

To this day I can't stop listening to it...Shine on you cra........zy Diiiiiamond!.

I'm sure i've spent half my life listening to Floyd.

:lol: You canot beat ACDC,IRONMAIDEN,AND THE SABBATH :lol::lol: ROCK ON BABY

Sunday mornings growing up at home, my old man used to go through his LP collection. Floyd, Dire straits, Yes, Bread, Who, Santana, Hendrix, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Al Stewart, Fleetwood Mac (early years), Jethro Tull (Heavy Horses), Led Zepplin....................................

Guess it rubbed off on me, I can't stand all this modern **** they churn out. I still listen to all the above plus Queen, Gary Moore, Genesis, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Guns 'n Roses basically anything that's got good guitar rifts, bass lines and drum solos I.E PROPER BANDS, PROPER MUSIC

SS :yes:

PROPER BANDS, PROPER MUSIC

That's just what my daughter says...... She's only 13!

She loves AC/DC (loves Angus as a guitarist and plays her own SG copy), Whitesnake, Iron Maiden (thinks Nikko McBain a right comedian), Motorhead, Deep Purple, G'n'R, Bon Jovi, etc as well as the Floyd, Led Zep, Rolling Stones, could go on. Her fathers influence, I guese.

We regularly see an AC/DC tribute band, and last year went to see Iron Maiden, G 'n' R, and Whitesnake live. What is it about that era's music that attracts a 13 yr old girl?

Whilst on a adventure training exercise sailing round the Baltic sea in the early 1990's; I ended one night in the flat of two very 'friendly' Danish nurses, listening to the Floyd's Dark side... and 'relaxing' with some form of chemical accompaniment. Top night! And not a story I've shared with the now Mrs Lefty.

I seem to remember Craft, Design & Technology ruining Pink Floyd for a lot of folk. I curse you Mr. Hannerman, damn you!!!!!!!.................

I seem to remember Craft, Design & Technology ruining Pink Floyd for a lot of folk. I curse you Mr. Hannerman, damn you!!!!!!!.................

Errrm! I was refering to 'Compulsory Drug Testing'.

Guest rabo
Anyone else NOT like Pink floyd around here? I really cant stand it myself :lol: A friend once hit me when I told him what I think of it..

im sittin here listening to U2 BEST OF 80-90 NOTHING BETTER, seen them 2 year ago in dublin never forget it :yes::lol::lol: