Noisy boots

steve_b_wales

I have a pair of Jahti Jakt full leather boots, which are very good quality. However, I've noticed that there's a 'squeaking' sound coming from the sole/heel in the left one. It's not that loud, but it's getting on my nerves. I'm not sure what's caused it, or how I can rectify the problem.

Any ideas?

Cod liver oil capsules, it's not the boots its your arthritis you old beggar,

Joking aside, is it your heel trapping air and sweat/ moisure on the heel part of the boot? My muck boots do this with nylon socks, if I wear wool or cotton it stops

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

When you say "full leather" do you mean leather uppers, sole & heel or leather uppers with rubber/composition sole/heel?

I have an ancient book of seamanship which recommends standing squeaking sea-boots in linseed oil; apparently it softens the leather and cures the squeak.

I do have a pair of squeaky rubber soled boots and haven't found a cure, a similar pair of shoes can be silenced short term by soaking the insides with water but the squeak eventually returns, most annoying!

When you say "full leather" do you mean leather uppers, sole & heel or leather uppers with rubber/composition sole/heel?

I have an ancient book of seamanship which recommends standing squeaking sea-boots in linseed oil; apparently it softens the leather and cures the squeak.

I do have a pair of squeaky rubber soled boots and haven't found a cure, a similar pair of shoes can be silenced short term by soaking the insides with water but the squeak eventually returns, most annoying!

Leather uppers/rubber sole.

yep me to, my Aigle boots, well the left one has a squeak, drives me mad, don't really notice it on the forest floor but walking down tracks and paths its annoying. There are no splits in the sole so it must be something inside the sole, which is Vibram, New boots would prob fix it :)

I had this problem in a pair of Mammut leather walking boots. Check the sole isn't starting to come away from the rest of the shoe. On my boots, that was happening, meaning that it was squeaking as the shoe rubbed against the sole. Ultimately, it was either a new pair of boots or getting them resoled. The latter was an option, but they'd been worn a lot and didn't owe me anything.

Have you considered giving the boot 36g of lead .. its your call if you leave your foot in the boot. Though l suppose a benefit of leaving your foot in the boot whilst shooting it, is it'll take your mind off the offending squeak .. either way, you win.

Edited by hoggysreels