Fox club

WelshMike

Went and sat out in the truck on stubble last night and could hear a vixen call. I put dog call on and waited to see a fox emerge at the far end of the field at about 300m. Watched it for about 15 mins and then spotted one behind the truck at about 20m. Turning to point the rifle in that direction was enough to see him heading for the hills. A quick bark saw him stop behind a telegraph pole at about 60m and then he was off again. Another bark at 95m and he stopped side on just enough time for the girly rifle to drop him. A good sized fox.

20171002_214240_1.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nicely done gents.

Sat out from 1-3 this morning watching 2 chicken sheds as Mr Fox has been killing everything that doesnt find its way back in before the pop holes close. Yet again I find myself out foxed. Yet another sly problem fox. There have been a fair ruck of them this year, no easy ones it seems but thats part of the enjoyment.... :/

rs don't feel bad,I can beat that by a country mile! Went last night to a chicken farm local to me,where I had tower up, I replaced it a month or so ago with a high seat I made, nice and comfy .I shoot with a 6.5 photon with doubler on it and with the ir I use can see 400 easy, not that I'd attempt shooting at that range. Watched two both at the long distance and decided to pan round and there was one at 70 yds mooching. gave it the merest squeek to get its attention and it came bombing in. had to stop it with a yell at 30yds. fired and saw it turn and run off, gob smacked!. Went out tonight to check zero and for some reason the scope had set itself to 0-0 again,so I reckon I missed it by 23 inches over the top at 30yd lol. still could have been worse (might have been raining)

Took another large dog fox last night with the lamp.

Three were picked up in the distance but managed to get one to come to a call. He disappeared into a hedge probably 150 yards from us and reappeared 50 yards away tucked into the bottom of the hedge sitting scoping us out! He was probably trying to get down wind of us.

Thought the night was going to be a complete waste of time as the moon was really bright and casting shadows! Lucky there was a strong breeze or it would have been a fruitless venture.

I took a look out last night too under the brightest moon I have ever seen...

I called in at a smallholding where a few hens are kept and he likes the foxes controlled. In the summer he caught 2 cubs in his fox trap but hadn't seen anything else.

I said I would try a call just to see if there was anything about.

Anyway 2 mins into the young rabbit distress call this one came straight to the caller :) job done ..

2oMp7C0.jpg

Nice one FH1 cracking pic :good:

Good shooting Dougy. Better than my 125 yd rabbit that will tell his mates about how, ninja like' he ducked under a hmr round tonight.

He did better than the fox and two other rabbits that we bagged at nothing greater than 50m. I think that's 8 foxes we have had in the last week. The thermal is certainly starting to earn its keep and we are starting to get a grip of the ward nv too.

Edited by oowee

Nice one FH1 cracking pic :good:

Good shooting Dougy. Better than my 125 yd rabbit that will tell his mates about how, ninja like' he ducked under a hmr round tonight.

He did better than the fox and two other rabbits that we bagged at nothing greater than 50m. I think that's 8 foxes we have had in the last week. The thermal is certainly starting to earn its keep and we are starting to get a grip of the ward nv too.

A bit tired watching boys football at 9. Still new permission is certainly productive and not far for us to go from my house. Have 2 weeks off have to see how many I can get with ward

Haven't been out much lately, works been full on and I've been in better moods, tonight a mate was finally getting the last cut done so i went out, sat up and waited for him to finish one field. After about 10 minutes of him finishing the first showed up in the nv spotter. Squeak.. Nothing didn't even look up. Squeak again, nothing, just carried on wandering the field to far out for a sensible shot. I scanned the other fields and saw a hare and barn owl. Then a set of eyes.... Squeaked and it lift its head and ran towards me and stopped, it made a perfect silhouette and just stood skylining. I checked the first, still mooching about ignoring the Squeak. The barn owl however, came and sat about 10 yards from me, then circled two or three times, eaxh time settling back down on the same fence post. Hoping some photos i took will come out well...

A little less mardy now aswell..

Oh, no shots fired

Haven't been out much lately, works been full on and I've been in better moods, tonight a mate was finally getting the last cut done so i went out, sat up and waited for him to finish one field. After about 10 minutes of him finishing the first showed up in the nv spotter. Squeak.. Nothing didn't even look up. Squeak again, nothing, just carried on wandering the field to far out for a sensible shot. I scanned the other fields and saw a hare and barn owl. Then a set of eyes.... Squeaked and it lift its head and ran towards me and stopped, it made a perfect silhouette and just stood skylining. I checked the first, still mooching about ignoring the Squeak. The barn owl however, came and sat about 10 yards from me, then circled two or three times, eaxh time settling back down on the same fence post. Hoping some photos i took will come out well...

A little less mardy now aswell..

Oh, no shots fired

Nice to see some wildlife.

I have pretty well given up shooting at the moment due to other commitments and the fact that the foxes arent causing any problems...apart from the one chicken farm where I cant catch up with the trouble maker. It wont touch bait as it seems to only eat what it has killed itself. Back out tonight. Unfortunately my sound moderator from my NV rifle set up is off for repair at the moment as It has near enough fallen to bits due to being flame eroded (or whatever the term for being knackered is :lol: )

Well done to the rest of the crew, keep up the good work :good:

Nice to see some wildlife.

I have pretty well given up shooting at the moment due to other commitments and the fact that the foxes arent causing any problems...apart from the one chicken farm where I cant catch up with the trouble maker. It wont touch bait as it seems to only eat what it has killed itself. Back out tonight. Unfortunately my sound moderator from my NV rifle set up is off for repair at the moment as It has near enough fallen to bits due to being flame eroded (or whatever the term for being knackered is :lol: )

Well done to the rest of the crew, keep up the good work :good:

Get the farmer to pick out a chicken he dont like. And leave it out as your bait???

Get the farmer to pick out a chicken he dont like. And leave it out as your bait???

:lol::lol: I ll get him to go through the 50,000 or so and leave a couple out :lol::lol:

If the stupid things would actually get inside before the pop holes closed I could get some sleep as there wouldnt be anything for the fox to eat.

Nice pic of the owl by the way.

Not so good in Greece on my boat lol :)). Otherwise it's great. As rs said it's a bit of a game changer. Seeing lots more and starting to get a handle on the nv and it's all coming together.

:lol::lol::lol: How the other half live :lol::lol: Hope you are enjoying the sunshine mate and glad the new kit is working well for you.

:lol::lol::lol: How the other half live :lol::lol: Hope you are enjoying the sunshine mate and glad the new kit is working well for you.

2 weeks on that boat with cabin fever and not the slightest smell of fox wee on his hands. he will be ringing me as soon as he gets of the plane.

to be fair he will probably be eating fox just wont know it :)