Yellow jackets. Remington I think

Guest stevo

Guest stevo

Has anyone tried them lately ? I used to use them many moons ago in my sako rimfire .22lr and found them to be pretty devostating out to 100 - 125 yards maybe a little more on a good day. I could have this wrong but I hi I they where around 175 ft lbs. I want to try some in my CZ 455 thumb hole. Question are they still as good as they used to be ?

I could only manage about two inch groups at 100 yards with yellow jackets if I remember right. They expand well for a .22 and kill well when they connect, but I didn't find them reliably accurate much beyond 50 yards though. Not seen any for a good few years, but then, I haven't been looking..

Guest stevo

No idea currently but I used the HV Yellow Jacket hollow points many years ago and found them to be accurate, reliable and consistent in my 452.

yep that was my finding when I used to use them , must have changed , but thank you for the reply's lads

Uggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just realised how old I am and how many years have passed by since I shot Yellow Jackets. I cannot remember what model 22 I had at the time but I also found them not super accurate and to be honest I discovered the 17 Remington about then, which handled those 150yrd bunnies much better, so the 22RF became a slinky keeny meeny silent close quarter combat tool and I went to Winchester Subs.

• 3 weeks later...

Remington rimfire subsonic or hv used them in my Anschutz what a complete pile of **** out of frustration I had the ones I had bought weighed individually there was not two that weighed the same when you fired they either sounded like a sneaked out **** or a .223 going off. I now use RWS absolutely accurate and consistent.

I've never found any Remington ammo that was really accurate. I bought a thousand .22 lR standard target and they were so inaccurate that on the 25 yard indoor small bore range they were all over the place. My Anschutz target rifle is so accurate that it will take the dot out every time. But I used these Remington rounds up as barrel warmers. Why is it that the US doesn't seem able to churn out top notch target ammo that gets to the masses. As for sporting 22 my rifle likes RWS best. In fact I like all RWS ammo.

Edited by fortune

I had a few boxes, and found them to be totally inaccurate. I had as least 1 flyer out of 10. I even tried them in a different rifle, but that was almost as bad.

+1

The rest of a box of 100 resides in my ammo safe. Have to shoot them off one day to make space.