work/life balance

steveyg

The last nine months has been full on at work,lots of European travel/staying away and time away from the family....pigeon watch.....and shooting :sad1:

I haven't shot since September last year ... what a numpty I have been. Money has been great and managed to get two fantastic holidays in but ... money is not everything....life is not a rehearsal

So its back to trying to get some new perms and get out in the fresh air and enjoy the country side.

Managed to secure a new Job which is only 5 miles from were I live... :yahoo:

Organising a couple of paid days in Aug and hitting the old perms...happy days

Edited by steveyg

In fairness it shouldn't cost you too much. Using my loans for fees and accommodation. I got by on a £70 a week parental contribution.

was the £70 a week for your bar bill or food.. :beer:

He has an unconditional offer from Ruskin in Cambridge but is hopefully going to UAL London..which is not cheap with oster cards etc..

We have estimated £100 pw

That is why I have just changed jobs. I have been thinking about a change for some time, my son has left home and the mortgage is nearly paid off and i was offered a job with less hard graft. It dawned Im working like a slave to pay for the bosses new boat! Not any more :)

was the £70 a week for your bar bill or food.. :beer:

He has an unconditional offer from Ruskin in Cambridge but is hopefully going to UAL London..which is not cheap with oster cards etc..

We have estimated £100 pw

I've lived better in uni than when I had a job! However I don't drink lots or do drugs. I know other students who do 30 hrs a week placement and still work. I did similar whilst holding 2 jobs. Not really even used my student overdraft in two years.

I know people who's over drafts are totally maxed out every week, they don't have a part time job, and sit about complaining about how hard done by they are and have no money. My friend and I said directly to one "KFC and the restaurant up the road are recruiting" but he said he didn't want to work in either or those, thought he was too good for it!

If you are sensible and a hard worker uni isn't that hard to get through!

Edited by Lloyd90

Good to hear everything ok thought you had packed in and taken up knitting or something !!

Work...work...work... not good,hope semi retirement is going well for you

Good luck for the upcoming season,he will have you working hard very soon :good:

I jacked my job in last year. It's a year this Friday in fact since my last day, having had to work a 3 month notice period. Since then I've started my own company and have never looked back! I'm so much happier and spend so much more time with my wife and kids.

Whilst to begin with money was a worry, now all is going well and I'm earning as much or more than I was before, and what's better is, I'm lining my pocket, not the big bosses!

17 years ago I jacked in a very well paid job, company car, nice house and big mortgage, bought a campsite in Cornwall and moved into the derelict farm house on the site with my wife and 2 young children. Never looked back, never going to be rich but I do ok and have plenty of time for the family. Not much shooting in the summer months as I a so busy but come October when I lock the gates I beat at least 3 times a week shoot with my pheasent syndicate, go lamping, decoying etc.

Tyres fitted....shooting truck loaded,plenty of carts..and hoping for a few shots in the morning.... :yahoo:

Dropping my lad off at 6am at ragley then off after a few crows, hopefully a few pigeon turn up on the rape/barley stubble later

have a cracking weekend lads.. :good: