Sometimes it's not just the antis

Scully

Bloke sounds like a bit of a *** "Terry Lowman of Monmouth Rifle Club called for the FAC application process to become like a “driving licence with a course of lessons followed by an exam.”

“That would make it a little more safe,” he said."

How unsafe does he think it is?!

Guest cookoff013

one think i have against this is with the driving test it is severely expensive and punters are often forced into silly expensive lessons before paying for a test, then due to circumstances not under their control, fail.

or are then forced to do yet more lessons.

now, with the analogy of driving lessons, who is going to teach shooting? shooting school? who? him? someone is planning on milking it. it happens in driving lessons. "you need to bulk buy lessons... etc"

"i`m not going to put you in got the test until you do atleast 5000hours, or 0.1bn rounds" - its not that far fetched.

having a written exam will do nothing, even multiple guess is not the answer. i did a few online multiple guesses and the majority of the questions were actually "less right" than the answers i gave.

mostly to do with loading, loads shotsize and whatnot. it appears now 28gram loads are now magnum in 12gauge? who would have thunked it? 21gram loads are now the "industry standard in power and speed"

the shooting community is divided in the fact there are different parts BP, gallery, shotgun, rifle etc..... just how is anyone going to get lessons in all these?

its too select to blanket, exam or lessons.

A shooters worse enemy is his fellow shooter and too many shooting organisation who look only after their own , we should be all only under one roof , united we stand divided we fall.

Feltwad

No good pushing your obviously correct point of view?

Most shooters and organisations don't for some unfathomable reason, seem to give a fig,