How well are Caesar Guerinis wearing?

Cumbrian

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks,thats exactly the model that caught my eye ! Non selectable isn`t a problem for me.How quickly does the action finish show wear from normal use?

I had a McNab Highlander which had a `colour hardened` action which may have been a similar finish.It didn`t show signs of wear after a fair bit of use.

How does the Ellipse handle recoil ? It looks very sleek and lightweight but I haven`t seen a weight quoted .

Thanks for the info so far !

I have a summit came non selectable which I didn't won't so I rang CG and they sent me a replacement selector to make it a selectable very easy to change 1 pin 5min job also free of charge.mine takes Steel I shot a lot of skeet all with steel no probs

Caesar Guerinis has been well shot out :whistling:

I think I have to agree. I am very grateful to all contributors. I have learned a lot - and been entertained on the way.

One problem with Guerinis is that there are not that many cheap second hand ones around, and you do seem to pay a good deal extra for sideplates etc. Maxum models seem a bit over the top in price compared to the Tempio models, which must be essentially identical beneath the skin, but the Tempios have slightly naff gold coloured bits on the action (don't mean to offend any owners of that model).

Edited by Cumbrian

• 2 weeks later...

After trying a few Guerinis today, I decided to get an Eclipse Evo with the round action. I was quite surprised at the fit, as I expected to have to get an adjustable comb -- however it did fit me perfectly well as is, I'm almost as high on it as my trap gun! Comes up to the shoulder nicely and I broke every single target I shot with it. The Invictus Mark I was /very/ close, but not as good. Also tried a high rib and that didn't fit me at all; so it's sporter for me.

I saw the Invictus V as well, with the sideplates -looks lovely- but that's even more expensive; I managed to haggle quite a bit of the Eclipse, so I'm happy.

Pleased you got sorted. :good:

Hope so! Apparently I'll be able to go to Warwickshire and pick up my gun and select the wood, which is pretty cool.

I have to say both of the Invictus and Ellipse did seem to fit me like a glove, the palm swell is /just so/, I could see /just/ the right amount of rib, and it came to the shoulder perfectly from gun down. Given it's a new gun I've never shot before, I was very impressed.

The gun I tried is 2 years old, so I inspected it meticulously -- it's a 'banger' demo gun after all. It was perfectly tight, had a few marks and dig on the wood underneath, but for a gun that had had a bit of a rough life, it looks pretty good.

Been following this thread as i was thinking of getting one! So with the positive responses from the thread and the chance to try one last saturday, at Emmet and Stone, i went and tried the Ellipse Evo in 12gauge. Simillarly to Buze the gun fitted like a glove and although i didn't hit every target, did as well as i would have with my current gun. So i am now the proud owner of a 12gauge Ellipse Evo. (Apparently the first person in the UK, as the 12g has only just been made/imported!) :)

Been following this thread as i was thinking of getting one! So with the positive responses from the thread and the chance to try one last saturday, at Emmet and Stone, i went and tried the Ellipse Evo in 12gauge. Simillarly to Buze the gun fitted like a glove and although i didn't hit every target, did as well as i would have with my current gun. So i am now the proud owner of a 12gauge Ellipse Evo. (Apparently the first person in the UK, as the 12g has only just been made/imported!) :)

Neil -- we were at the same place at the same time it seems! Did we actually meet? I was there at around lunchtime...

i was there at 10 till 11ish, must have missed you? Did you see a gun on the CG desk locked up in its black case ready to go?

Blimey that was quick then? We arrived just after that I suspect...

I don't understand your statement tho -- I believed the 12g Eclipse EVO was out for over a year now -- Or did you get a new version of it? I picked the sporting, but I know they've been releasing them in Ascent and other variations...

Some pics of mine

attachicon.gifIMG_2314.JPG

Blimey that looks awesome! Hope mine looks as good :-)

Apparently the Ellipse evo was only out in 20g? i had to email CG to find out if they made a 12g and phone Emmet & Stone, who had to phone CG to confirm that they would be bringing a 12g. They told me that they had only just started and that there were only 4 that had been imported into the country, and that mine was the one of the four and that i was the first person to purchase one in the UK. The bloke on the CG stand kept telling me that i was the first person in the UK to own one???

Edit: i dont know if its changed since last week, but even the CG website didn't list the Ellipse evo in 12g variations?

Edited by silver pigeon69

Ok mystery solved! What you have is the Ellipse CURVE -- and yes, I didn't even know it existed :-)

What I have is the Ellipse EVO. I'm not sure what the differences are to be honest, the buttplate looks different, and the engraving /certainly/ does! I haven't actually completed the ordering myself, as they were so busy on saturday -- I'm certainly going to ask what the hell it is about, you gun looks stunning :-)

Sorry!! Yes i do have a curve! its a bit late!! they have made the 20g for a while but only started the 12g very recently! The butt plate is made of wood. Thanks, most of their guns have very good wood.

Edit; The Evo & Curve are about the same price i believe.

Edited by silver pigeon69

Okay I /think/ I now understand, the Ellipse Curve is what they sell as a 'game gun' I think, while the Ellipse EVO is more of a sporting gun. Interestingly you have a pistol grip, and not the *** one; but yes AFAIK(new) it didn't exist in 12g, so it's very likely you grabbed a gun before they had any chance to use make it their 'demo gun' or something, therefore yes you are the lucky owner of the very first one in the UK... That's pretty good timing :-)

When I arrived, he didn't have any other guns 'in stock' anyway -- he told me he sold the 4 he had come with (!). He also had that brand new Invictus V one, with the sideplate -- that also looked very good!

Anyway, give details, is it 30? 32?

Edit: P*O*W is not a swear word, forum software

Edited by buze