• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mr wyberley can you or someone you know go and shoot the cartridges at something moving or flying for which a shotgun is ment for i have never repeat never patteren plated any of my carts on paper and there is now coming close to 18 000 000 out there over the last 6 years i have made one ton of shot into that cartridge and already getting repeat orders from the 16000 we put out last week to me a pattern plate is still and other than shooting a sitting pigeon or rabbit what good is it how many lads on here have tryed to shoot a sitting pigeon and missed yet when its took of been killed with the second barrel we have all done it until you have tried them on moving targets you will not know so save any money on chokes for a paper test take your gun out with half choke then try and report back thank you george

they certainly work for me George, so much so I don't bother touching any other carts, and I,ve gone through at least 5,000 and cant be happier , great carts and certainly stop the crows in their tracks, unlike the hull 29g hi speed garbage I was told to try, worst carts I,ve ever used in my entire life

by the way georg , next time your down my way,let me know and I,ll put my order in

cheers Bob Evo

mr wyberley can you or someone you know go and shoot the cartridges at something moving or flying for which a shotgun is ment for i have never repeat never patteren plated any of my carts on paper and there is now coming close to 18 000 000 out there over the last 6 years i have made one ton of shot into that cartridge and already getting repeat orders from the 16000 we put out last week to me a pattern plate is still and other than shooting a sitting pigeon or rabbit what good is it how many lads on here have tryed to shoot a sitting pigeon and missed yet when its took of been killed with the second barrel we have all done it until you have tried them on moving targets you will not know so save any money on chokes for a paper test take your gun out with half choke then try and report back thank you george

At the moment there's hardly a pigeon to be seen on my land. However, with the best producing fields yet to be cut, I'm hoping things will change for the better.

From what I've already said, I think anyone will have difficulty in forming an opinion that I've been critical of these cartridges. However, I have hit a problem with one particular barrel. Unfortunately, this is the one for which I bought them. I will get to the bottom of it. If I were to use 1/2 choke as suggested, then at the 40 yards I estimate I'd get a TC pattern. How many PW members would agree that this is sufficient to consistently kill pigeon at 45 yards? With the other cartridges currently used (they're not 70mm and in my gun I get the occasional jam and hence the reason for using the 70mm) they produce the 1/2 at the pattern plate with a Teague 5/8 choke which I agree with you is a good choice (the 1/2) but only if the barrel/cartridge actually produces it.

At the moment there's hardly a pigeon to be seen on my land. However, with the best producing fields yet to be cut, I'm hoping things will change for the better.

From what I've already said, I think anyone will have difficulty in forming an opinion that I've been critical of these cartridges. However, I have hit a problem with one particular barrel. Unfortunately, this is the one for which I bought them. I will get to the bottom of it. If I were to use 1/2 choke as suggested, then at the 40 yards I estimate I'd get a TC pattern. How many PW members would agree that this is sufficient to consistently kill pigeon at 45 yards? With the other cartridges currently used (they're not 70mm and in my gun I get the occasional jam and hence the reason for using the 70mm) they produce the 1/2 at the pattern plate with a Teague 5/8 choke which I agree with you is a good choice (the 1/2) but only if the barrel/cartridge actually produces it.

mr wymberly I am saying no more go and shoot something moving and to be real not exceeding 40 yards remember you only using 6.5 shot I would not use less than 5.5 at that range save your money on further chokes or gun parts till you or someone has field tested them thanks george

How come I can kill pigeons consistently at 40 yards with 32g of English No 7 with half choke George?

Because your cartridge, barrel and choke combination suit each other, just what we all look for.

My chosen set up is a 24" barrel with a full Mandel choke and Georges 28 gramme 6 shot Proper Cartridges.

How come I can kill pigeons consistently at 40 yards with 32g of English No 7 with half choke George?

+1

For all but a very slow cartridge; No 7 will have suffient energy out to 45yards possibly even 50yards and with 32gm half choke you will have suffient pattern density to get the job done proper.

plastic or fibre as you were using my 30 gram 6 in plastic last time and liked them this is about fibre and wot do you call consistenley for example how many out of say 10 shots wings back dropping in or high flighting a little more please archie coates used to say if u r getting half bat on decoyed pigeons you r doing well

I would imagine Archie Coates never used the term 'half bat'.

find the video with Jackie Charlton down in Hampshire and if you can try to see wot cart he is using they were eley but I cant give u the spec and I am sure he says half bat then goes on to say I mean one for two u r doing well anyway am away testing products catch you lot later g

find the video with Jackie Charlton down in Hampshire and if you can try to see wot cart he is using they were eley but I cant give u the spec and I am sure he says half bat then goes on to say I mean one for two u r doing well anyway am away testing products catch you lot later g

Got hold of a 2 boxes of Ultimate Game 28gr 6,s the other day,tried them on pigeons and found them to be excellent! Used them in a lightish s/s and they were crisp shooting and I had some good results.I was taking on some edgy birds,as they,ve been harassed quite a lot now.These were plaswad loads,which I don't normally buy but was suitably impressed by through 1/4 & 5/8 choke.Went back & bought 1k today!