Winchester SXP Fast Pigeons

srspower

You make that pump look like a semi auto in action, good shooting, Jim.

When I don't short stroke it yes!

decent vid

if you are set up under tree canopy like that you can put your hide right on the edge of it so your view isn't obscured by the overhang or set up to one side of it

also its easier to pull the breast off from the bottom end of it not the top

Yeah I have fond this year I am a little paranoid about concealment, I tried going along the hedge line two days later and only got 6! And yeah pulling the chest from the bottom makes sense.

A nice video, some good shooting and I have to admit I found the branch shooting quite amusing! :lol:

It at least provided stuff to add to the hide!

Brilliant video,, I love my sxp

It's a very agricultural gun, even the barrel wobbles! But it gets the job done :)

Good video,good shooting but still shooting over the hide castleations. 8 / 10.

I can't see what I can do to fix that though? I cut holes in the net so it wasn't hanging down off the loops but there is still some droop!

Your shooting has improved greatly since the days of your first videos.

There would have been no reason why you couldn't have sited your hide right at the edge of the tree canopy. The shade would have helped your concealment.

Yeah I might try that, as I said it was a double edged sword really this season on balance I have definitely got more birds coming in under the canopy.

as Jdog suggessted move to edge of canopy. place poles lower with an additional pole threaded through net to form a solid top rope.

I think pinewood shooting supplies sell something like this.

Alternately keep poles lower ans use two pegs and guy rope to keep net taught..

Loads of shooters stand all the time decoying and keep the net at nipple level but no castleations.

as Jdog suggessted move to edge of canopy. place poles lower with an additional pole threaded through net to form a solid top rope.

I think pinewood shooting supplies sell something like this.

Alternately keep poles lower ans use two pegs and guy rope to keep net taught..

Loads of shooters stand all the time decoying and keep the net at nipple level but no castleations.

That's a great tip about the pole! I will take a look. And I have started using my Dads shooting stick, not very comfortable but you sit at the perfect height.

I have a friend who sits in the hide with me about 3 times a year. He has a bad habit of pulling the top of net down and drawing the poles together.

I use a yard brush shaft to do as described,its stopped him pulling net and ensures he stands to take a shot.

since hes learned to stand for shot he does not run out of swing the same and his kill ratio has improved.

Your shooting has improved greatly.

I have some tips for you.

As JDog suggested, site your hide further into the field. You could also just try either side of the trees.

Try your decoys 10 yards closer to the hide. I bet you'd shoot more.

There is no need to pluck a single feather when crowning your birds. No tools are required, either. Twist the wings off, tear the skin from the bottom of the breast and put your fingers in, then pull the breastbone upwards. It takes about 20 seconds per bird.

Your shooting has improved greatly.

I have some tips for you.

As JDog suggested, site your hide further into the field. You could also just try either side of the trees.

Try your decoys 10 yards closer to the hide. I bet you'd shoot more.

There is no need to pluck a single feather when crowning your birds. No tools are required, either. Twist the wings off, tear the skin from the bottom of the breast and put your fingers in, then pull the breastbone upwards. It takes about 20 seconds per bird.

+1

I cant understand tutorial videos where he makes things more difficult than they need be.