Prices for removing chokes from guns

greenergp

He is a proper traditional gunsmith with the experience and expertise to meet your exacting standards. His work is second to none and his price's are very fair. I trust him to work on any of my guns.

To be honest the thought of someone's mate who happens to have the equipment to ream the barrels of a shotgun is a disaster waiting to happen!

He is a proper traditional gunsmith with the experience and expertise to meet your exacting standards. His work is second to none and his price's are very fair. I trust him to work on any of my guns.

To be honest the thought of someone's mate who happens to have the equipment to ream the barrels of a shotgun is a disaster waiting to happen!

Sounds pretty handy......

Nothing wrong with reamers if you know how to use them properly. I have several in different increments for each calibre. I use them to remove the "meat".

They are on a long rod and the choke's reamed from the breech end to ensure the choke keeps concentric with the bore. I then lead lap them to finished size. With the lead lap you can alter the lead in of the choke to keep a nice "ramp" leading into the choke by shaping the lead accordingly. Hence it would cost more than £38.00 to do it from me. But you will get exactly what you asked for. It's how we've been doing chokes in barrel making for.... hmmm... longer than I care to remember.

But yep there's always a mate who can do it cheaper in his shed than get it done by someone who does it for a living.