Tesco, don't you love em.

Pigeon Shredder.

While doing the weekly shop today I stopped in at good old Tesco and I see they are doing 25% off on 6 bottles of wine, looks good so breezing down the wine racks to the normal tipple I note that from last week it has gone from £5.00 to £7.00 a bottle, hmm thinks I, a quick calculation and it works out at £1.50 more for the 6 since last week.

Now do they take us all for a muppet and just trying to pull the wool over our eye's and hoping we cannot do math in our head? not.

You can now see why the like of Aldi/Lidl are gaining custom over the others when they pull stunts like this one.

Oh and all the wine's I looked at had been increased in price since last week.

Saving's at Tesco I think not, it pays to shop around no matter what your after.

Most people don't check last weeks prices, or any prices for that matter! They charge something like £10 per KG for chicken breast.

I buy a 5KG tub off the butcher down the market for £20. Bag it up and freeze myself, save a fortune.

Most people can't be bothered. I'm not surprised though, there's a reason half the country are in massive debt, I hate it when I see people who are bad with money.

They want new sofa, new car etc they just stick it on credit. People in good week paid jobs you see them on tv and they're talking about how they got so many thousand in debt cos they kitted out there house with nice furniture etc and then can't afford to go on holiday etc

They deserve everything they get! I moved house recently, had an old sofa off my mum, just threw a blanket over it to cover the age old style of it! Bloody comfy it is and all lol

While doing the weekly shop today I stopped in at good old Tesco and I see they are doing 25% off on 6 bottles of wine, looks good so breezing down the wine racks to the normal tipple I note that from last week it has gone from £5.00 to £7.00 a bottle, hmm thinks I, a quick calculation and it works out at £1.50 more for the 6 since last week.

Now do they take us all for a muppet and just trying to pull the wool over our eye's and hoping we cannot do math in our head? not.

You can now see why the like of Aldi/Lidl are gaining custom over the others when they pull stunts like this one.

Oh and all the wine's I looked at had been increased in price since last week.

Saving's at Tesco I think not, it pays to shop around no matter what your after.

They've been doing it for years and it's all about conning the consumer. One week they put an item on offer and then next week they put it up for more than the original price so they gain it back again. They call it clever marketing but it's not very clever at all. If Aldi did everything I need for a weekly shop then I would make an effort not to go to tesco at all.

My Co-op is the same. A 12 pack back of Quavers is £3, however, a 6 pack is sometimes £1 or £1.59 or £1.69.

The usual fiddle is to price some multi-packs pence per item and similar items pence per kilo so no meaningful comparison can be made.

I always check the price of 'special offer' multi packs because, in all stores, I often find it's cheaper to buy individual packs. Favourite one I remember in a Sainsbury's was a twin pack of digestive biscuits for 78p but the individual packs were 35p.

It really is VERY SIMPLE, shop around and work out the costs.

Most of us have mobile phones with a calculator function if you can't do the maths in your head.

I stock up when stuff is genuinely on offer, things like coffee, tea bags, toilet rolls and food to go in the freezers.

With a little thought and planning you can spot all of the NON OFFERS and avoid them.

I can't believe no one tells management, I really can't! This is the sort of stuff I thrive on; tell 'em you know what they're up to and that you'll tell all your friends and they wont shop there anymore......pleeeaase!! :unhappy:

Did that at the time, bloke looked stunned that someone could work it out.

All these stores, its there job to get your money,thay are not there to help you, same for utiliyies,insurance etc.

As for the folk referred to earlier in the thread, most manage to educate themselves on how a smart phone works,a games console and the complex games they play.the ins and outs of the benefits system etc.They just cant be bothered and just moan.

In fairness at My local Tesco supermarket I bought 12 Bottles of Barolo at £11.25 per bottle 2 weeks previously it was £14.95 per bottle...so they did in fact honour that reduction.

But as suggested Shop around. When you shop its an invitation to treat,( negotiate ) you are making an offer to buy that product at the indicated price only when you proffer it at the till.

It wasn't unknown for my late Mother to negotiate many pounds off some goods when she went shopping. The best illustration was at Comet when she got £100 pounds off a £350 pound washing machine because it had previously been advertised in the National press at £249.99 !six weeks earlier. She cut the advert out ! and the Store Manager was on a loser as soon as she walked into the branch.

She wasn't one to be taken advantage of my Mum. !!

In fairness at My local Tesco supermarket I bought 12 Bottles of Barolo at £11.25 per bottle 2 weeks previously it was £14.95 per bottle...so they did in fact honour that reduction.

But as suggested Shop around. When you shop its an invitation to treat,( negotiate ) you are making an offer to buy that product at the indicated price only when you proffer it at the till.

It wasn't unknown for my late Mother to negotiate many pounds off some goods when she went shopping. The best illustration was at Comet when she got £100 pounds off a £350 pound washing machine because it had previously been advertised in the National press at £249.99 !six weeks earlier. She cut the advert out ! and the Store Manager was on a loser as soon as she walked into the branch.

She wasn't one to be taken advantage of my Mum. !!

Was that a recent purchase?

I can't believe no one tells management, I really can't! This is the sort of stuff I thrive on; tell 'em you know what they're up to and that you'll tell all your friends and they wont shop there anymore......pleeeaase!! :unhappy:

I do, can't say it makes me feel good but I insist on a manager being called and I explain to him in no uncertain terms that I know what they're up to and and that I can't be alone. Last one was a case of kitchen towels with twin and single packs placed alongside one another giving the impression that both were on offer. After getting the singles refunded I stood in the isle and explained to them how their own scam worked - you see customers who pick up the singles and realise they're not on offer too often place them on top of the twin ones and walk away, the next customer perhaps with imperfect eye sight who can't read the small writing on the tickets but who relies heavily on the psychological red/yellow colour of the sale tickets will pick it up inadvertently. These customers will also mistakenly pick up the singles even from the correct section because guess what they're deliberately placed inch perfect next to one another !

As I was explaining this a customer did exactly that, picked one up and placed it on the offer pile and another came and picked that one up :lol::yes: all while I was telling the young manager why I'd called him and why I thought Tesco were white collar criminals. He to his credit ran after that customer and explained the error but the point is this is how marketing departments work these days, it's not just end of isles, eye level endorsement, chewing gum at the tills but proper clever unprovable fraud repeated a thousand times over in every store with different products and only a few bother to check the prices or their receipts.

Edited by Hamster