Masterchef

kyska

Calm men. Steady now (Burnley). Hold you place. It will all pass by like a bad smell. The other year someone kept winking at Raymond Blanc . Raymond said Why do you keep winking at me? I do not like it. I tell you I do not like it. I like the chefs volcanic enthusiasm for their job

I love it, I tolerate Greg Wallace, not tonight, I've put 2 doors in, kicked the wheat out of them.

I can't describe my feelings

Lol I felt exactly the same. I said to the Mrs you will never believe what I'm just after reading on PW.

She had to endure me shouting What W****** at the tv. Especially afte not letting the young lad out the sauce on the plate and then giving out stink to him about it.!

I don't think I can take much more of all the face pulling in the ability tests either

I'm in a minority here

I think she is very good,

I watched a documentary a couple of years ago about different chefs going around the world doing their thing and she came across very well

Each to their own though,

I do find some of the "professional" chefs inept, yes it may be nerves but 2 of them tonight couldn't open scallops properly and one couldn't even trim the scallop properly either saying they buy them in ready prepared

:shaun:

Of all the very nice very good female chefs they could have picked they picked her, but it is the way of modern namby pamby tv to have all colours and creeds represented,whether they are are good or not. I like the celebrity version as some are surprisingly good cooks.

If you have lost your will to live, watching thier daft facial expressions, and listening to that "barrow boy" talking complete twaddle. Try Australian Masterchef. Great format, the judges are amazing, and quite a few of the guest judges are our best chefs. This series they have had Marco Pierre white, Heston blumenthal, nigella Lawson. Try it and see what you think. I've been converted for the last 4 years, I wouldn't go back to the dark side. The final is on tonight 7pm on watch

Of all the very nice very good female chefs they could have picked they picked her, but it is the way of modern namby pamby tv to have all colours and creeds represented,whether they are are good or not. I like the celebrity version as some are surprisingly good cooks.

Wow. You think Monica Galetti was picked because of her colour and creed ? Do you think all judges must always be white then to fit in ? Have you any idea of her career and accomplishments ? I personally don't particularly like her abrupt and to the point critiques but when she starts cooking you can immediately see why she is where she is. It's not namby pamby it's prowess and ability overcoming colour and creed. ;)

I'm in a minority here

I think she is very good,

I watched a documentary a couple of years ago about different chefs going around the world doing their thing and she came across very well

Each to their own though,

I do find some of the "professional" chefs inept, yes it may be nerves but 2 of them tonight couldn't open scallops properly and one couldn't even trim the scallop properly either saying they buy them in ready prepared

Oh the irony for that chap (from Mersea Island) he was blathering on about how he lives and breathes seafood and couldn't open a Scallop lol.

I like Monica, she did a documentary (the one you were thinking maybe)? Where she went with a group of hunters after some boar (hunted by dogs) and she helped prepare a meal in the lodge after with the liver

Edited by Mentalmac

Wow. You think Monica Galetti was picked because of her colour and creed ? Do you think all judges must always be white then to fit in ? Have you any idea of her career and accomplishments ? I personally don't particularly like her abrupt and to the point critiques but when she starts cooking you can immediately see why she is where she is. It's not namby pamby it's prowess and ability overcoming colour and creed. ;)

Well said

Oh the irony for that chap (from Mersea Island) he was blathering on about how he lives and breathes seafood and couldn't open a Scallop lol.

I like Monica, she did a documentary (the one you were thinking maybe)? Where she went with a group of hunters after some boar (hunted by dogs) and she helped prepare a meal in the lodge after with the liver

Yup that was the one, she said she wasn't comfortable with the hunt but because she uses the end product she felt duty bound to fo follow the process from start to finish

Hamster i honestly do think she was picked because of her heritage and sex, master chef already has two white males they were never going to pick another male or white female. I am in no way knocking her culinary prowess or achievements.

And there was me thinking it was simply because she came on the recommendation of Michel Roux Jr when he was presenting. She was one of his most senior members of kitchen staff after all...

Hamster i honestly do think she was picked because of her heritage and sex, master chef already has two white males they were never going to pick another male or white female. I am in no way knocking her culinary prowess or achievements.

Even if she was, so what ? There are plenty of programmes on telly with white only frontmen/women and that too is absolutely fine. In fact I happen to think we prolly have too many brown newspeople given the population percentages but again so what, don't tell me white actors and actresses don't get the rub of the green ;) yet we never seem prepared to kick up about that ?!

Colour and creed doesn't matter, it's about the talent of the individual, by all means criticise her for her character but unless you're going to also raise a question mark as to why for instance someone like Nigella (proven drughead) still gets to grace our TV with cooking programmes and seemingly didn't have any trouble getting into the US post her drug revelations :hmm: then perhaps you're not spreading the critique fairly. Could that be a bit of white, dare I say religiously based advantage ? Would a Muslim/brown drug user TV chef have been so well treated ?

I have waited for years to see a ME cooking personality be allowed to pop up :whistling: , the closest was when we suddenly had Yotam Ottolenghi and then I found out he's Israeli born, his partner is apparently Palestinian but have you seen him ?

Hamster i agree Nigella shouldnt be allowed to be on tv other presenters were ruined after being found out using drugs but who your family is and all that obviously counts, As for talent we all have different views as to what we like dont like and colour and creed matter not only if you like the food they cook. The BBC of late have been getting slammed for forcing diversity into who they employ and place.

No doubt if the type of food from your country becomes popular and fashionable you will see chefs from there on tv.As it stands food trends seem to be from countries that have become tourist destinations and have tasty food.