myHermes

steve_b_wales

There's no monetary value to the contents of the package, but I'm annoyed that 21 one year old Oak saplings will probably now be dead!

A curiosity question, not a peeee take. How tall is a 21 year old Oak sapling? I ask because I read somewhere that they can grow at about 0.5 Mtrs a year. If this is so the sapling would have been a be a small tree. So how can anyone with sense pretend they delivered isuch a large object when they did not.

A curiosity question, not a peeee take. How tall is a 21 year old Oak sapling? I ask because I read somewhere that they can grow at about 0.5 Mtrs a year. If this is so the sapling would have been a be a small tree. So how can anyone with sense pretend they delivered isuch a large object when they did not.

They are not 21 years old, they are 21 one year old saplings. :)

'There's no monetary value to the contents of the package, but I'm annoyed that 21 one year old Oak saplings will probably now be dead'!

Would you believe it, I spoke too soon. Royal Mail have lost a signed for small package. It had two labels for the recipient and one full address of sender. My first in hundreds of ebay sales.

In contrast I ordered an item from Argos last night at 1830 and it arrived at 0930 this morning all for £3.95. It would have cost me fuel, parking etc to go and get it which would not have been far from this cost.

Edited by B25Modelman

UPDATE:

The company 'Parcel2Go.com have contacted the courier who 'delivered' the package, and he/she have stated that it was definetley left at 'Reception' at the stated address. I pointed out to them that this courier has told a blatant lie, and have photographic evidence to prove that the unit was closed on the day the package was 'delivered', and also, that they haven't got a reception area anyway. I offered to send them the photo via email, but they stated that they cannot accept attachments in emails. I then offered to post them the photo, but they didn't reply. All they've suggested is that I make a claim for the cost of the postage.

I'm going to post them the photo anyway, although I doubt very much that this 'courier' will lose his/her job!

Mate has just taken delivery of a bush removal tool for a VW T20 via Hermes. It arrived when it was meant to and will be returning via them.

Most of the clothes SWMBO buys mail order are delivered by Hermes.

Then returned by the same.

I'm surprised the courier (who we've been dealing with for years and he's very good) doesn't just wait outside in his car for ten minutes, he'd save himself a journey!

Most of the clothes SWMBO buys mail order are delivered by Hermes.

Then returned by the same.

I'm surprised the courier (who we've been dealing with for years and he's very good) doesn't just wait outside in his car for ten minutes, he'd save himself a journey!

I trial sub contracted for DPD a couple of days ago, if there was a timed delivery slot package on board they would not be able to spend long at any drop. I was 'allowed' five minutes at each drop to enable the route software to time my arrival at any of the drops within a one hour time span.

I ordered a nice looking pair of walking shoes from Clarks cost me £80 I do not no if they are any good now but they used to be good years ago anyway I had an email from Hermes on Friday to say that they would be delliverd that evening between 17.00 and 20.00 so I waited and nothing turned up.

The next day I tried the tracker that was in with the email only to find that does not work I have been trying to contact both Clarks and Hermes with no luck by email so it looks like I will have to try by phone with what they say is a 30 minute wait its at times like this that I wish that I had not given up smocking many years ago.

UPDATE:

Parcel2Go.com who I booked myHermes through, have emailed me stating that myHermes informed them that they can no longer deal with the issue as 'time has ran out'! They've offered a refund of the postage I paid, as there was no monetary value of the goods I sent.

I'm annoyed, but can't do anything else about it. The courier who 'delivered' my parcel has clearly lied about where he/she has left (read Dumped) it. I sent quite a few Oak & Horse Chestnut saplings, which took me over a year to grow. These are more than likely dead now!

I ordered some items from debenhams,delivered by Hermes .they were posted to the wrong address.

The homeowner dropped them at mine today,it's a good job some people are honest,

I've emailed debenhams today to say they have lost my custom from now on,and advised them not to use these cowboys.