Driving in Bradford

oowee

Tell him? he knows for sure just hasnt got a penny to deal with it, The Police Force is no longer policing, all there time is taken up responding after the event

It is the same al over the country. Police are too busy dealing with drunks and druggies causing problems in hospitals or having to take prisoners to A&E so they can stall the custody process, taking MFH reports for daily absentees from private children's homes and having to deal with endless calls about petty squabbles on social media that have, according to the Government, to be taken seriously. Dealing with crime takes a low precedence and you can forget about crime prevention measures.

Edited by UKPoacher

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UKPoacher - very cynical, but I have to agree. :yes:

Not cynical at all. I had to do it for the last few years of my service and am old enough to remember the early years when we had the time and inclination to be proactive about crime and criminals. Right to the end I was what is commonly known as a 'Thief Taker' but a lot of the time I was hobbled by having to attend the type of incidents I listed above. You can't investigate a crime and catch the offender when you spend the whole shift handcuffed to a druggy in A&E to protect the nursing staff.

Tell him? he knows for sure just hasnt got a penny to deal with it, The Police Force is no longer policing, all there time is taken up responding after the event

Rupert, is that an assumption or fact?

Don't doubt the facts of diverted policing, the same most places sponsored by government relaxation of drinking laws assuming we had as much self control as the continentals?

If West Yorkshire had hemorrhoid's Bradford would be the first place to look.

I had a colleague who's commute took him through Bradford, he took early retirement in part because he was fed up of cars doing 20mph on empty roads for no reason, and cars braking suddenly for no reason other than cash for crash scams.

Driving standards are best described as questionable, some of it is due to a total lack of respect for the law in general but definitely road traffic law. Seat belts seem optional, mobile phone use whilst driving is the norm.

Frequently the vehicle's capabilities out perform that of the the driver, and natural selection comes into play.

If West Yorkshire had hemorrhoid's Bradford would be the first place to look.

I had a colleague who's commute took him through Bradford, he took early retirement in part because he was fed up of cars doing 20mph on empty roads for no reason, and cars braking suddenly for no reason other than cash for crash scams.

Driving standards are best described as questionable, some of it is due to a total lack of respect for the law in general but definitely road traffic law. Seat belts seem optional, mobile phone use whilst driving is the norm.

Frequently the vehicle's capabilities out perform that of the the driver, and natural selection comes into play.

Closely followed by Cas Veagas ans Pontecarlo

I live in Leeds and am a former soldier, I have been to some of the worst places on the planet and driving through Bradford is the only time the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I will not go near the place if i have a choice! The only way you can improve Bradford is by putting a big fence around it and turning it into an RAF bombing range!

I live in Leeds and am a former soldier, I have been to some of the worst places on the planet and driving through Bradford is the only time the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I will not go near the place if i have a choice! The only way you can improve Bradford is by putting a big fence around it and turning it into an RAF bombing range!

I've just been to chapel town and gipton and there not better...my dad used to be a police officer in West Yorkshire and was a very young pc when the Yorkshire ripper was at large in Leeds and Bradford his first beat was Morley then into CID in Leeds..he's got some great stories about the area, he's been retired a long time now tho.

Rupert, is that an assumption or fact?

Don't doubt the facts of diverted policing, the same most places sponsored by government relaxation of drinking laws assuming we had as much self control as the continentals?

Its an informed observation, both in laws on my wifes side were High up Police officers.

I live in Morley, its nice, quiet, big gardens.

We have Foxes, Squirrels, Hedgehogs.

Bats in our loft.

There is a big farm at the end of my street.

Not to mention the unbelievable bird life around here.

Ive seen no crime in my street in over 10 years.

Admittedly Morley covers a large area and there are some worse area's.

But I wouldn't move from my house.

We go to the theatre in Bradford quite often, and I must admit its quite terrifying even late at night.

Some of my younger colleagues are saying Bradford and Dewsbury are becoming no go areas?

I was brought up in a ****hole, but my Mother scrubbed the front step every week.And I was well brought up.

Its the people not the area.

Edited by mickyh

This time last year I had the misfortune of driving through Bradford .

I've worked all over the uk and most of Europe .

Bradford was bad , foreign looking taxi drivers seemed to be the most aggressive .

Boston is on a par , the " locals " don't seem to have read the highway code

Or if they did , couldn't understand it .

• 4 weeks later...

I worked in Bradford for three years.

One guy who's wife was a teacher had permission to start a little later and make it up at the end of the day so he could drop her off a work in the Leeds Road area.

If she parked her car in the school the kids trashed it and if she left it outside on the highway the locals nicked it and / or trashed it.

Edited by fern01

Trust me its bad we have street racing on a daily basis in rush hour traffic and past schools and recently stooped to an all time low and had a drive by shooting

Bradford has gone off the rails don't risk a vist.

I have seen this happen along **** lane in the morning rush hour. It

When i go to my rifle range, I have to drive through the area. No ****** gets close to the Defender....