Facebook comments

mattyg1086

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Facebook is marvellous for positive shooting sports PR?

https://www.facebook.com/longrangerimfireshooting/posts/730836877069344

Any thoughts on this?

Great for the shooting fraternity, the only thing I agree with Sparkie is that guy is a knob, have you seen his video's shooting a 243 long range at rabbit and pigeon, I will let you judge.

Fister you must of come across Jonny in the journalist world, what you think?

Why do people get so worked up when others have views that do no agree with theirs? Calling someone all sorts just because they happen to disagree with you on hunting, politics or anything else makes me wonder if they are mature enough to be allowed an internet connection.

Facebook is fantastic for this type of situation,firstly pour yourself a drink,I like a port in situations like this,and also make sure you have crackers and stilton on standby .

Now here is the fantastic part,delete his comment. .....wait there is more.......block him.

Job done no more indegestion from fools like this

Sit back relax drink port eat cheese and crackers,think what a great day it's going to be.

I can't stand poi .

Sparkle your on his pages anyway ;)

He's total anti bait

Those teeth lol

I'm surprised he has a ticket still . I questioned him on shooting pigeons at 400 yards and posting it on his channel. He said its pest control ???

I think it's walking on thin ice personally .

I know this is just my opinion

Edited by team tractor

Why do people get so worked up when others have views that do no agree with theirs? Calling someone all sorts just because they happen to disagree with you on hunting, politics or anything else makes me wonder if they are mature enough to be allowed an internet connection.

Bob on..

I have had to block a couple of people on facebook and de friend one.

The 2 blocked were because of the Scottich referendum where they were just filling up my timeline with constant reposts of the pros and cons with inflammatary comments added. I just got bored with it and was missing other posts.

The de friended one posts a lot of basically racist posts apparrently posted as banter but the frequency and the little add on comment were painting a bigger picture.

Another friend of ours commented that he was clutching at straws (quote:- I think that your clutching at straws with that one ##### ) with the latest example he was using to support his view. In reply he got a proper rant back which left no doubt on how he felt about Muslims and what he though of people who had any objection to his view.

Which apart from being dissapointed in him as I thought he quite diversity minded due to the places and travelling we did when younger. I have friends from all over the world and people I work with who I would hate to think or beilieve that I could be associated with such views.

Due to my job I'm also fully aware.. and so should others be that Employers and prospective clients etc read your posts and profiles etc as part of the hiring and vetting process and do reject applications, sign contracts etc and employers have discaplined people on the back of it.

Edited by Paul1440

Why giggle? I work for a company who love social media, yet do not have Facebook or Twitter. If watching cat videos or seeing that your mates pn the bus is how you spend you free 5 minutes thats cool. I just dont see any point to it.

As for keeping in touch with mates or family. Emails? Phone calls? Always possible outside the world of facebook.

If you want to watch cat videos surely the best place for that is you tube.

It does make me laugh though as face book is for social commentary and putting your thoughts out there.A bit like this forum actually.

True you can put a picture on facebook,oh hang on a bit like this place really.

But then you can buy and sell things on facebook,whaaaat this place has a sales forum.

Ah but i can block people on facebook,what do you mean you are now going to block me on here.

It's all just a way of communicating,i put up pictures i have taken,or just talk rubbish(a bit like on here :lol: )and have managed to find lots of Army mates cast to the 4 winds and relived the good old times, and have a big drinking fest in a field once a year,700 Sappers turned up this year thanks to the power of facebook.

If you work for a company who love social media and they are not on facebook,instagram and twitter as just the basics then your media dept needs sacking.

When you read the comments of ignorant people who clearly have formed their opinion based on what they read in a biased media, have been told (usually by prominent people/organisations with an agenda) and/or on emotion, rather than knowledge, fact and experience, it makes you wonder whether they should be allowed to express opinion at all?