Please List your GREY SQUIRREL KILLS for 2017 Here

webber

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one in my wood for about four months. Wasn't there at 9am when my wife checked the traps, but was there when I went down at one oclock. 410, Fiocchi #8s solved the problem :yes: . Checked the diary and they started to intrude last year about the same time. This one was an old buck.

Another young buck in the trap this morning.

I leave a tub of peanuts and sunflower seeds down my garden so I can sprinkle some bait and they had tried getting in that.

Then one ran across the lawn towards where I have the trap!

out first light got one quite quickly,an then spotted what looked like a new drey in ivy one shot from 20g brought down the drey with one very dead sqizz, so 2 accounted for.

total 858

One big buck from my garden, I've been trying to get hom for a few weeks, I've got a Blue tit nest I'm my bird box, and I don't want him to get anywhere near it!

so 880

One downer, seconds after I'd taken the shot and I had a dead squirrel on the lawn my daughter shouted out the window, "run squirrel run squirrel" to late, ....tears from a 8year old daughter!! ...then we got the bird book out and we had a chat about the Blue Tits, she gave me a fair hearing if nothing else! We saw 11 species of bird in the garden.

Cheers

Aled

One big buck from my garden, I've been trying to get hom for a few weeks, I've got a Blue tit nest I'm my bird box, and I don't want him to get anywhere near it!

so 880

One downer, seconds after I'd taken the shot and I had a dead squirrel on the lawn my daughter shouted out the window, "run squirrel run squirrel" to late, ....tears from a 8year old daughter!! ...then we got the bird book out and we had a chat about the Blue Tits, she gave me a fair hearing if nothing else! We saw 11 species of bird in the garden.

Cheers

Aled

O dear, already had that chat with my kids before I started shooting squirrels in the garden, 3&5 but they never battered an eye lid little girl 5 always wants to touch and stroke, mum is mortified 😄

If there is anywhere near you got reds take her to see them and tell her its another reason for shooting the greys, Southport is a great day out depending on where you are obviously

Mice!

O dear, already had that chat with my kids before I started shooting squirrels in the garden, 3&5 but they never battered an eye lid little girl 5 always wants to touch and stroke, mum is mortified

If there is anywhere near you got reds take her to see them and tell her its another reason for shooting the greys, Southport is a great day out depending on where you are obviously

Mice!

Yep we had a chat about the reds at the BASC stand at the Smallholders fair in Builth Wells today, may be in with a chance!

Cheers

Aled

Shot an intruder this morning. One had been seen 48hrs ago but I hadn't seen it during my sits but had a Maggie anyway(logged) went down with the tractor to spray around the cabin and there on the feeder is Mr Squirrel. Backed off, drove quickly back up home grabbed the Mossie out of the safe and a couple of shells, snook back into the cabin and sure enough 15 minutes later who comes sneaking out of the undergrowth but Mr Squirrel. That Tx whatever non toxic shot from Clay & Game does not take prisoners :good: I didn't realise that is what I grabbed but it sure did the job.