fire stick

kody

Dumped sky and replaced it with now tv (4 boxes) and 2 firesticks, subscribing to amazon prime £7.99 per month.

The content is quiet good, some modern movies and quiet a few older ones included. Most new movies can be rented.

With a free ultra HD recordable box from BT to record terrestrial TV we've got all corners covered.

You can install Kodi in 10 mins with the instructions, I'm not going to bother as I don't agree with it.

Edited by markm

I was trying to work out how to the the fire stick, someone on here pointed me in the right direction as my PC is hooked into the TV anyway. I have virgin media XL package with out movies or sport. Wife loads the hard drive up on the TiVo with her rubbish

I downloaded something like kodi and now watch the catch up via that. I have a 150meg connection so streaming hd is good too is a HDMI lead from PC card to tv. Took a bit of messing to get the right aspect ratio for TV and I use the PC to work on the the monitor while a program is playing over on the TV.

Kodi is software that points you towards places where you can stream films and sports illegally, Kodi is legal as it only shows you where the stuff is and doesn't contain the films and sport it's you that breaks the law when you use it to watch said programmes. Firestick with the Amazon subscription is a bit rubbish as you still have to buy/rent the majority of the films ad series you want on top of paying their £7.99 a month for Amazon prime membership

I've got one and downloaded 'kodi' on to it. I can watch pretty much everything on it including the grand tour. That's the only TV I have, no free view, no sky or anything. Just that. Every movie I've wanted to watch has been on there as well

Does it cost you anything to watch

My concern with Kodi is that just like some of the other P2P sites they will probably be quite happy to hand over the IP addresses of people that have accessed illegal material and then the spanking is coming straight to your door...

And that's where a private VPN comes in handy!

Nobody cares what you download and watch so long as it's not paedophile stuff, what people get nicked for is when they are sharing it back, never heard of people being prosecuted for downloading but plenty have been done for illegal file sharing, Kodi isn't even downloading anything so far as I know it's just streaming which is something completely different

We got a firestick for catch-up tv and it works fine for that. Not got time to watch much telly anyway so we get to choose what we want. I still use the Humax DVR box to record stuff but it is handy to be able to use the IPlayer and other catch up services off broadband. We have 15MB Wifi signal if that helps.