Sign-up for 2017 PW NvS Charity Shoot

Teal

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I have a mental picture of you both driving down the A1 in a red Fiat 500L singing along to Now That's What I Call Music 48.

Oh, and yes I'm sure your request can be readily accommodated.

Thank you so much Peter, your choice of music is way off but the car could bounce into Sporting Targets playing The Beasty Boys.. :lol::lol: from Auntie.

Sadly I must agree. A Northern victory is extremely unlikely this time around.

Scoring just the top 5 rather than the top 10 would make more of a match of it.

Still it was always a dream to have a score of mine count for the rankings lol.

No doubt it will be a fun day though and it's always nice to catch up with fellow forum members.

Well now that there are more than 10 from tut narth we can stick with the old format!

I am sure you will, unfortunately a direct result may well see us having the next shoot way up tut north to try and get a few shooters to join in!

Have started the next venue debate before we've even have this one yet?

Ok. Scotland

From this year's entries it's looking a possibility I would say unfortunately

Indeed so couple of points...

Charity shoot needs to be more central!

Facebook and the various Facebook shooting type pages are more prevalent, unfortunately Facebook will be the death of forums....

The being central is a very good point,

We have always tried to be fair on location but even the "Northern" venues are a good 3+ hours drive for me, even more so for our Scottish brethren,

Maybe the answer if this isn't to be the last (Fingers crossed it isn't) is to just go for a central ground or 2, ie swap between Orston and Hodnet or grounds in that area?

Time will tell but Paul I fear you are right, Facebook is having a big effect on traditional forums but that's the nature of the beast, time moves on and so do people, but still..... A lot of people still don't use FB so we will still be around for many years I think :good:

On a more positive note we still have a few days left for emergency sign ups so if you are still contemplating a visit then please get your name in and contact Teal.

:shaun:

Right, Im all paid. Sorry for the delay. Im from Coventry so i will be shooting for the North.

Be good to meet you guys.

Are Raffle Tickets sold on the day.

Great stuff - entry received :good: yes tickets are sold on the day :)

I don't know what's wrong with the people of pw forums lately seems everyone don't want to spend any money....sales posts seem to be struggling. the charity shoot seems to be struggling and I've only just broken the 30 mark for the pw rifle shoot and that's been hard this year. id of come to the charity shoot but I go on hols tomorrow so that's screwed me.

I think it's a sign of the times for stand alone forums, there are many FB shooting sites now,

Also money is getting tighter and the first thing that goes is hobbies

It is what it is and we will have to wait and see what the future brings

:shaun:

How many less southerners have signed up for this years shoot?

With everything else in life going up in cost and wages getting less lots are shooting less. I'm not shooting half as much as I have in past years, lots of my shooting friends have dropped away from clays altogether and only shoot game now.