beretta extrema

hankook1

I have had an original Xtrema for the last 8 years or so (bought second hand). It has been a very reliable gun, cycling pretty much everything I have put through it. I have shot most of the available quarry species that are legal in the UK with it.

I would have another.

I had one from new but, unlike Motty, I would`nt touch another one with a bargepole.

It`s big and heavy, a fact reflected in it`s cumbersome handling, and has almost a quarter of an inch of creep in the trigger pull which is itself extremely heavy.

It`s sales bombed in the U.S.for those and other reasons and manufacture ceased after the shortest production run of any Beretta semi auto.

Spares are no longer manufatured.

Nobody that I`m aware of, apart from Motty, who bought one from new still has it.

On the positive side, it functioned reliably and it`s long stock suited me perfectly.

Each to their own, but I hated mine and could`nt wait to get rid of it.

It`s replacement,the Xtrema 2, was one of the best guns Beretta ever made,having cured all the faults in the original Xtrema.

Have 1 for fowling well abused and still chucks steel out of the front, love it also use for pigeons not let me down unless you count me putting it together wrong after a strip clean.

heavy yes but not noticeable unless you shoot another semi.

extrema 2

Gun based on the A391 action and Beretta did a 1 , 2, and 3 version. I know people who think they are the mutt's nuts.

Gun based on the A391 action and Beretta did a 1 , 2, and 3 version. I know people who think they are the mutt's nuts. 10 years old since launch not that this is an issue.

got two extrema 1 one for my son and I, will never sell have tried a lot of other semi autos and have yet to find one as reliable quite a few guys I know on the foreshore are on their third or fourth gun by now will handle any length up to 3.5" and 21gram and above, now rarer than rocking horse ****

downside for me is the full pistol grip as I prefer semi grip (sausage fingers)