Tyson Fury

Gordon R

Tyson Fury announced his retirement - not for the first time - yesterday and says he means it.

He is one of the most obnoxious boxers in recent years and some of his utterances are sick, pure drivel or the rantings of a deranged mind.

He was still appealing against the failed drugs test and may never have set foot in the ring again.

That said, I believe he has been badly treated with the drug testing / appeal process dragging on and on.

Not the best heavyweight I have ever seen - far from it, but he did go through his career undefeated.

Against my better judgement, I will miss him.

So many good fight should have been made after beating WK but hes wasted his career.

After a long time of a stagnant HW division it should have been a new era but he is his own worst enemy.

Will be interesting to see how life goes for him now as he always seems to be very on the edge.

Just had a look he's only 28, can't imagine him staying retired for long what else is he going to do?

I hope he has enough cash to get by otherwise he will have to try and come back again in to ir three years, I enjoyed his fights I saw didn't listen to his ranting and raving.

I wondered how he was going to avoid fighting AJ if he got his licence back. He's already tried the depression and bad ankle thing.

Now he can tell everyone he was undefeated champion even though he never defended his title.

IMO the boxing world is better off without a clown like that. Let them get on with the serious stuff instead of massaging his massive ego.

So many good fight should have been made after beating WK but hes wasted his career.

After a long time of a stagnant HW division it should have been a new era but he is his own worst enemy.

Will be interesting to see how life goes for him now as he always seems to be very on the edge.

I predict tabloid headline after headline and a spiral downwards into the gutter! He clearly has issues.

I wondered how he was going to avoid fighting AJ if he got his licence back. He's already tried the depression and bad ankle thing.

Now he can tell everyone he was undefeated champion even though he never defended his title.

IMO the boxing world is better off without a clown like that. Let them get on with the serious stuff instead of massaging his massive ego.

I agree boxing world is better without him. AJ would have taken him apart in his current state.

A mate's son-in-law has sparred with him - says he is far more likeable when the cameras aren't rolling.

Personally, I haven't much time for him, but wouldn't want him to end up like Paul Gascoigne.

post-3629-0-18835900-1501194113_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gordon R