Wahl hairclippers

ditchman

i rekon i cant fix most things..............but i have met my match....the bloody thing works...the blades are sharp...but can i do a # 3 ...it will not have it...ive adjusted the solenoid....the spring loaded thingy on the end of the solenoid....ive oiled it....even washed my hair before i start.....but it still wont run thro

i bet a lot of you are using hair clippers and do the maintenance yourself...............

what am i doing wrong ...any tips ?

Are you cutting a lot off? Try trimming in stages working down to what you want if you are.

just want it to do what it did when it was new..............just run it thro, down to 3/4" whatever the length..........might have to buy another set......it just annoys me that i cant see anything wrong with it ..

When mine make the right noise & seem to work but don't, then I adjust the side screw until they make the clatter clatter racket noise, then back the screw off until the noise stops.

I also keep the blades well oiled with a good gun oil & make sure that the blade tension screw is not overtight...

no........as i said you turn it on and it is working...the top knife is going left and right...its adjusted fine ...but wont run thro my hair...it just jags up....

Have you adjusted the lever on the side, next to the cutting blades that adjust the length of how much hair the clippers can cut at any one time.?

When mine make the right noise & seem to work but don't, then I adjust the side screw until they make the clatter clatter racket noise, then back the screw off until the noise stops.

I also keep the blades well oiled with a good gun oil & make sure that the blade tension screw is not overtight...

thats exactly what i do....but it dont have a blade tension screw on it...the tension is delivered by the drive arm which is attatched to the solenoid...and i have adjusted that arm to several positions....

i need a pulling your hair out emoji...!!

Have you adjusted the lever on the side, next to the cutting blades that adjust the length of how much hair the clippers can cut at any one time.?

yup.......done that as per the u-tube tutorial...............

From what you describe it is under load that they stop working. Is that fair?

It may well be that the insulation is starting to breakdown on the windings and as the clippers come under load, i.e. full of ditchy hair that causes a greater draw and the windings cannot support that any more.

From what you describe it is under load that they stop working. Is that fair?

It may well be that the insulation is starting to breakdown on the windings and as the clippers come under load, i.e. full of ditchy hair that causes a greater draw and the windings cannot support that any more.

HHmmm.........that might be a answer....as soon as it ploughs in...it starts to go all clattery ....think im going to buy a new one.....

Take yer balaclava off :P

Very nice to meet you the other day by the way :good:

cheers...back at you..................

PS they have arrested the murderer where you stayed....was a local lad 20 years old...so we will watch this space .. :good:

I have an old Wahl trimmer that I use on the Spaniel. Sometimes the beastly thing goes into clatter mode and the Spaniel does not like it at all. I have to reset the screw and have a chat with the Spaniel that everything is going to be ok.

thats exactly what happens to mine......apparently its the windings giving up the ghost....

I have an old Wahl trimmer that I use on the Spaniel. Sometimes the beastly thing goes into clatter mode and the Spaniel does not like it at all. I have to reset the screw and have a chat with the Spaniel that everything is going to be ok.

thats exactly what happens to mine......apparently its the windings giving up the ghost....

Mine has been doing it for a long time. I just reset the screw in the side and it works ok.