UK Gun Repairs

rimfire4969

I have been trying to find time to get to the team at UK Gun Repairs for a gun fitting. I sourced a new stock for my CG and it's a nice bit of wood, so it seems right that I ask them to service my gun, fit the new stock to the action and measure me up and fit it to myself as well.

I will also be leaving them my Aya XXV Sidelock to sell on my behalf.

It's a 4 hour round trip for me in Cornwall but if everything I have heard about them is only half right it should be a great day. Really looking forward to it.

Good decision in my experience. They've done several jobs for me and I've always been delighted. I'm just about to pop up and see if they've finished the Chas Osborne that I picked up from here at the beginning of the year. If they have it'll be on the for sale rack.

Although a relatively simple job, my step-son had a London Orange recoil pad fitted by Another whereas UKGR did mine. The difference in quality between an also ran and these guys is simply outstanding. Re the AYA, to quote Dennis, "12%, not a penny more, not a penny less."

Good decision in my experience. They've done several jobs for me and I've always been delighted. I'm just about to pop up and see if they've finished the Chas Osborne that I picked up from here at the beginning of the year. If they have it'll be on the for sale rack.

Although a relatively simple job, my step-son had a London Orange recoil pad fitted by Another whereas UKGR did mine. The difference in quality between an also ran and these guys is simply outstanding. Re the AYA, to quote Dennis, "12%, not a penny more, not a penny less."

How come youre getting shot of the Chas Osborne? You seemed well chuffed with it at the time.

How come youre getting shot of the Chas Osborne? You seemed well chuffed with it at the time.

I am and was. All looked good until I shot it when it immediately became obvious that it was well 'off the face' and had been 'pumped up' big time. I took it to UKGR who said it was repairable. I figured that seeing how well it fitted and handled coupled to how much I paid for it (Dennis and Brian both said that I hadn't bought it, I'd stolen it, but to be fair, I did pay the asking price) I figured it was worth it. However, as you do, I bought it with my heart with no thought of any value until Dennis told me what it would be worth when repaired. At this point my head over-ruled my heart and having just lashed out on a new OU, I decided to sell it. I've just checked their for sale list and it's not there as yet, so I could still change my mind yet again.

Edited by wymberley

I am and was. All looked good until I shot it when it immediately became obvious that it was well 'off the face' and had been 'pumped up' big time. I took it to UKGR who said it was repairable. I figured that seeing how well it fitted and handled coupled to how much I paid for it (Dennis and Brian both said that I hadn't bought it, I'd stolen it, but to be fair, I did pay the asking price) I figured it was worth it. However, as you do, I bought it with my heart with no thought of any value until Dennis told me what it would be worth when repaired. At this point my head over-ruled my heart and having just lashed out on a new OU, I decided to sell it. I've just checked their for sale list and it's not there as yet, so I could still change my mind yet again.

Oops, too late, just awaiting the images on Gun Search.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my shotgun today, new stock fitted and alterations to it done. I am extremely happy with the service and work quality, the gun looks fantastic.

Only one downside is I can't now blame the guns fit for my **** shooting. :no:

I don't suppose by any chance you have a 'K' in the rear screen of a 4 by 4? Just a shot in the dark.

hello, is that the hammer gun they have for £3,400 on their listings?

Yes, my brothers car. We were on the way back from a trade show in Coventry.

I was pretty sure that the car floating about 6" off the ground as though someone on board was on cloud 9 heading west on the M 5 was the same one I'd seen in UKGR's carpark

hello, is that the hammer gun they have for £3,400 on their listings?

Yes. I popped up to have a look at it before it was sold. I must be mad. When I bought it, I'd just put a 50% deposit on a Chapuis, plus obviously the other 50 to follow and had no idea of the true condition of the Osbourne until I shot it. Buying the Chapuis did not leave me with too many disposable readdies and have no idea of how much the repair work cost other than the fact that I probably can't easily afford it. It looked a delight when I picked it up and now UKGR have worked their magic it is also so on the inside as well. The only saving grace for me is the fact that I've been able to restore a piece of English gunmaking history to an eminently usable condition.

Also to have a look on behalf of my step-son at the Grand European. I wish I hadn't now - there's a clue there, Scully.

• 1 month later...