FairImogen

Well, it is such a lovely, sad/happy movie

l love the juxtaposition between the adult/adolescent worlds - ‘get the bikes’ - and how they outwit the G Men even before ET intervenes.

On a darker note, supposedly this, along with ‘Close Encounters’, was one of the disclosure movies.

My husband and his pals served in East Anglia in the 80s, and can tell tales that will make your hair curl.

I always love Spook stories at Xmas, but sometimes he just freaks me out.

1 hour ago, FairImogen said:

My husband and his pals served in East Anglia in the 80s, and can tell tales that will make your hair curl.

PLEASE enlighten us with some of his East Anglia tales in the 80s , ..... THANKS

2 hours ago, Winston72 said:

Just to clarify for a thick northern bloke who has no idea what "juxtaposition" even means, and is far too lazy to look it up, we are talking about E.T. the kids film from the 80s?

Blimey had a dictionary for Christmas :lol: 

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Tardis?

But it still doesn't explain how ET got to fit in the bread basket, :/

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

? we; ,Blimey had a dictionary for Christmas :lol: 

But it still doesn't explain how ET got to fit in the bread basket, :/

The breadbasket wasn't as small as it looked? in the film it was an optical illusion and just looked the size of a breadbasket in reality it was as big as a house? Unless someone has a better daft answer? LOL!

20 hours ago, FairImogen said:

Well, it is such a lovely, sad/happy movie

l love the juxtaposition between the adult/adolescent worlds - ‘get the bikes’ - and how they outwit the G Men even before ET intervenes.

On a darker note, supposedly this, along with ‘Close Encounters’, was one of the disclosure movies.

Is that when he keeps repeating ‘phone home’ or when the end of his finger starts glowing?  :lol:

22 hours ago, Wymondley said:

Google, Rendlesham forest incident.

THANKS ..... I have heard about that before and now and again it comes up on a u f o program , although in the 80s you would have thought the amount of people who were supposed to see the u f o and the figures that came out of it that there would be photographic evidence . or is it another Loch Ness monster tale where they want you to believe what they are telling you .

I see they are now during guided tours of the area where the sightings were made , some one is on a nice little earner .