Simply rude people!

eddoakley

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

Question ,

At work a student collapses we administer first aid shes no responsive so we call a Ambulance  first thing they do is say there's nothing wrong with your voice so you can pack that up right away and start speaking properly . 

Rude or just doing her job ?.

Completely lost.

Could you try to explain please?

Edd 

16 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Completely lost.

Could you try to explain please?

Edd 

I think he is following on the sideline about being less than perfectly polite as a sometimes encouraged work strategy with this example of a 999 call handler presumably either struggling to understand him or suspecting a crank call on the basis of his voice, and saying "there's nothing wrong with your voice so you can pack that up right away and start speaking properly".

A genuine caller one would think will be highly unlikely to hang up and will make more effort to be understood, though under any other circumstances it would seem an excellent way to encourage the caller to hang up. 

Edited by Wb123
Further information.

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

Question ,

At work a student collapses we administer first aid shes no responsive so we call a Ambulance  first thing they do is say there's nothing wrong with your voice so you can pack that up right away and start speaking properly . 

Rude or just doing her job ?.

Eh? Please say again in English. :lol:

Right student collapses we get sent as first aiders  she wont open her eyes or talk to us so we call a ambulance  . Ambulance crew try talking to her and she wont respond or whispers . , Ambulance crew Says loudly inches from her face ( nearly shouting )  "open your eyes and speak properly there's nothing wrong  with your voice "

Was she rude or just doing her job ?

Everybody's perception of being rude is different 

22 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Right student collapses we get sent as first aiders  she wont open her eyes or talk to us so we call a ambulance  . Ambulance crew try talking to her and she wont respond or whispers . , Ambulance crew Says loudly inches from her face ( nearly shouting )  "open your eyes and speak properly there's nothing wrong  with your voice "

Was she rude or just doing her job ?

Everybody's perception of being rude is different 

Do you know if the ambulance woman holds a shotgun certificate? If so I'd be having a chat with her feo as you can't be too careful.....

You know what, 

I often wonder what the PW clan would be like having these discussions in a pub over a couple of pints. I can see it ending up on the car park like school days. Do any of you read back what  you actually put. 

A  Shop owner was spoken to in an inappropriate manner, and he posted on here. Now we have HR involved. 

Happy New year all. I'll get the 1st round in. 

Edited by Dougy

6 minutes ago, Dougy said:

You know what, 

I often wonder what the PW clan would be like having these discussions in a pub over a couple of pints. I can see it ending up on the car park like school days. Do any of you read back what  you actually put. 

A  Shop owner was spoken to in an inappropriate manner, and he posted on here. Now we have HR involved. 

Happy New year all. I'll get the 1st round in. 

I think we would all get on fine, online debate often seems to get heated in ways completely detached to real life. Across a pint it is possible to enjoy debate in the sort of manner that virtually never is achieved online. In part I suspect this is because one can clarify and develop points of debate much more readily in response to question or disagreement.