Bought a little roadster

Davyo

Couldn't resist the impulse,was driving through Hartlepool in my 63 plate Nissan note.Stopped at a set of traffic lights opposite a garage showroom (Tons) and this little beauty was in the window.

Straight swap and £500 off my car and i was driving away in less than an hour.**** on fuel compared to the Note but the smile on my face was worth it.

Took it for a run  down to Helmsley last Saturday and it sticks to the road like glue.Oh boy what fun we had, problem is her indoors likes it and is wanting to give me back the 2017 plate Ignis she claimed when i brought that home.

Planning loads of mods in the spring starting with full suspension and brake change.The interior re leathered,Wheels are ok on the outside but need a full refurb.Second hand hard top for the winter.Full SS exhaust,the under side is spotless (undersealed) so going to keep this topped up.Need to get shot of the factory Boss sterio system and poss stick a Sony bluetooth head unit with integrated tablet install (Samsung Tab A) 

13201818248.jpg

Edited by Davyo
Fussy pic

Great cars i had a1991 Version 20 years ago great to drive handled perfect i think they are great.  They got these just right compromise captured the true feel of a sports car in a strong reliable package that could stand the test of time aesthetically and mechanically. Get it turbocharged .

Walker the S800 is a rare car good looking too, but in the Japanese sports cars from that era i thought the Datsun 240z was the best looking, i always wanted one of those but doubt it will ever happen now.

59 minutes ago, stevo said:

Nah , just bought a band new  ford connect van swb limited edition. 120 bhp ( soon to be chipped to 180 bhp ) 

eat my dust ? 

oh and 61mpg ?

stevo the wife used to have a 2016 Fiesta titanium x ecoboost. (125 bhp out of a 3 cylinder 1lt turbo engine)was modified by Mountune when she put 3k on the clock ened up @ 202bhp.The thing had to go back for rear brake disc conversion and vented discs all round to stop the dam thing.

The little MX5 is running 160 bhp @ the moment,but toying with the idea of either turbo or supercharger converson.

16 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Great cars i had a1991 Version 20 years ago great to drive handled perfect i think they are great.  They got these just right compromise captured the true feel of a sports car in a strong reliable package that could stand the test of time aesthetically and mechanically. Get it turbocharged .

Walker the S800 is a rare car good looking too, but in the Japanese sports cars from that era i thought the Datsun 240z was the best looking, i always wanted one of those but doubt it will ever happen now.

Yep, the 240Z was a litle bit above my pay scale at the time. Great motor. I was doing a lot of rally driving back then and drooled over the rally version... was it Tony Pond who drove one?

Great sound in the forest.

That MX5 is also an awesome car. Style!!

42 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, the 240Z was a litle bit above my pay scale at the time. Great motor. I was doing a lot of rally driving back then and drooled over the rally version... was it Tony Pond who drove one?

Great sound in the forest.

That MX5 is also an awesome car. Style!!

Don’t know if i am honest not into rallying much but i think Tony pond was Triumph TR7 so he was may be into Datsun 240zs being into rallying sports  cars.

Turbo has to be the way, look on youtube mighty car mods two mad Aussies they compared the two super and turbo charged mx5s tried to be fair about the test look it up.

1 hour ago, Ttfjlc said:

Now that would be fun to go to the marsh and back! 

They are a very cool little van , and certainly not short on creature comforts that’s for sure , ??

1 hour ago, Davyo said:

stevo the wife used to have a 2016 Fiesta titanium x ecoboost. (125 bhp out of a 3 cylinder 1lt turbo engine)was modified by Mountune when she put 3k on the clock ened up @ 202bhp.The thing had to go back for rear brake disc conversion and vented discs all round to stop the dam thing.

The little MX5 is running 160 bhp @ the moment,but toying with the idea of either turbo or supercharger converson.

Davyo , I. Only pulling your leg . The MX5s are big fun to drive , and in my opinion just about the biggest bang for your buck when it comes to the roadster. 

My bigest ever dirty secret is a 2010 ish Nissan 350Z hardtop .( a lot of car , not a lot of money , and relatively cheep to run )  I will get one someday just to be my weekend plaything , however at the moment it just wouldn’t get used  so it’s on the back burner for now . 

Edited by stevo

On 03/02/2018 at 21:02, stevo said:

Nah , just bought a band new  ford connect van swb limited edition. 120 bhp ( soon to be chipped to 180 bhp ) 

eat my dust ? 

oh and 61mpg ?

It won’t be getting 61mpg after.

we have the fiesta 1.6d 2011 and get 45-50 on average. I managed 62 mpg but the car hated it. 

Lad at work has a golf and the map has killed it. Wouldn’t map any vehicle unless I was only keeping it 3 years.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 23:11, lancer425 said:

Don’t know if i am honest not into rallying much but i think Tony pond was Triumph TR7 so he was may be into Datsun 240zs being into rallying sports  cars.

Turbo has to be the way, look on youtube mighty car mods two mad Aussies they compared the two super and turbo charged mx5s tried to be fair about the test look it up.

Tony Pond in the SD Rover in Dalby forest in the middle of the night in the 84/85 RAC Rally was unforgettable. The night time smell of the woods,,the marshals whistles,,then what seemed like a Vulcan on four wheels blasting past and away into the distance !

Nice one Davyo much more fun than a Nissan Note, Tones of Hartlepool have been trading in cars for many generations. Nice car my wife had a MK1 MX5 Classic for a few years great reliable little car. You have definitely lost it now your Mrs likes it.

My son's mate has an MX5 with turbo and other bits fitted and it goes well, good modification to do just watch the tail end on damp greasy roads.  Is yours the 1.8 or 2.0 engine, the purists prefer the 1.8 others the 2.0 for the bit of extra power.

Edited by figgy

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Nice one Davyo much more fun than a Nissan Note, Tones of Hartlepool have been trading in cars for many generations. Nice car my wife had a MK1 MX5 Classic for a few years great reliable little car. You have definitely lost it now your Mrs likes it.

My son's mate has an MX5 with turbo and other bits fitted and it goes well, good modification to do just watch the tail end on damp greasy roads.  Is yours the 1.8 or 2.0 engine, the purists prefer the 1.8 others the 2.0 for the bit of extra power.

2lt figgy,had a rethink about modding after having a other bendy road run out this weekend.Going to get a full detaling done once the alloys have had a full refurb.Id like the seats re done in leather.The sound systems is already here,just waiting for the facure.To be honest its plenty fun standard so sticking with it as it is.Just joined the MX5 club so plenty of run outs next summer.

Edited by Davyo