Match fixing?

PPP

The England football team as been going down hill for years, how can they ever hope to build a decent England side when the Premier League is mainly made up of non-British players, where do they pull the talent from? because there was very little in their last game.

On 30/06/2018 at 10:00, toontastic said:

It's clearly you that knows nothing about football. Of course the players on the pitch wanted to win

Show me a goalkeeper who is happy conceding goals, I've seen goalkeepers have a strop when they've been 7-0 up and then conceded in the last minute.

Raheem Sterling has been poor at best and Rashford went into the game against Belgium looking for goals to try and force out Sterling, even Wellbeck when he came on would've been thinking to himself that a goal or two could force Southgates hand.

Like I said you have not a clue about football if you think ? we where trying to score. Rashford will be in for Sterling. And as for the quote with the goalkeeper we are a TEAM a young team with more talent than all the teams in the cup.

if you think we put Wellbeck on to score then you should just stick to what you know  about as it’s not football. If we wonted a goal would we have left the best striker in the world on the bench you idiot. 

16 minutes ago, The gouse said:

Like I said you have not a clue about football if you think ? we where trying to score. Rashford will be in for Sterling. And as for the quote with the goalkeeper we are a TEAM a young team with more talent than all the teams in the cup.

if you think we put Wellbeck on to score then you should just stick to what you know  about as it’s not football. If we wonted a goal would we have left the best striker in the world on the bench you idiot. 

Well if you say I'm an idiot. Then I guess I must be. Thanks for letting me know.

But I'll stand by my statement that the players on the pitch would have played to win. If I was in that situation and management sent me out to be a sacrificial lamb I think my instinct would be to prove them wrong. Our reserves lost to Belgium reserves purely because there lot were better.

Or do you really believe Pickford let them score and our strikers deliberately missed if so then I guess you're just as much an idiot as me.

22 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Well if you say I'm an idiot. Then I guess I must be. Thanks for letting me know.

the gouse types as he talks, you wouldn't realise that without meeting him.

but i know what he means, its a tournament not a league, they the England team think they have gone the better route to the final, i haven't seen Columbia play yet but can't see it being easy.

4 minutes ago, Mice! said:

the gouse types as he talks, you wouldn't realise that without meeting him.

but i know what he means, its a tournament not a league, they the England team think they have gone the better route to the final, i haven't seen Columbia play yet but can't see it being easy.

I'm well aware of what is required to succeed in tournament football, and for what it's worth I don't rate Wellbeck at all.

I think he would even struggle to score against a mediocre side. But i never said he was capable of scoring goals, I simple said he would want to score.

I'm a poor shot at best and I know I can't hit anything to save my life, but that doesn't change the fact that I still go to the clays wanting to hit them.

1 hour ago, toontastic said:

But I'll stand by my statement that the players on the pitch would have played to win. If I was in that situation and management sent me out to be a sacrificial lamb I think my instinct would be to prove them wrong. Our reserves lost to Belgium reserves purely because there lot were better.

Or do you really believe Pickford let them score and our strikers deliberately missed if so then I guess you're just as much an idiot as me.

Mate just lets see if it was the right decision. If we need a goal against Belgium would we not have put Harry Kane??? We are England ??????? we have a young side what can win this. I hope ? 

1 hour ago, The gouse said:

I think it’s a bit much to call someone an idiot when you have no more idea ( other than opinion) than anyone else whether Southgate played his team to win or not. I listened to his reply when he was asked the question prior to the match, and he clearly regarded the suggestion as ridiculous. I believe him. 

It wasnt imperative to win, so resting your best striker makes sense to me. But then that’s just my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, The gouse said:

Mate just lets see if it was the right decision. If we need a goal against Belgium would we not have put Harry Kane??? We are England ??????? we have a young side what can win this. I hope ? 

If we wanted/needed a goal then yes Harry Kane would be the logical choice. But we put on a much inferior player, but because he's inferior and probably incapable of scoring does that mean he doesn't want to do his best and score.

I'm not capable of playing for England but if I was on the pitch and in front of goal I'd want to score and do my best.

Harry Kane must have been livid with Southgate, lead scorer in the World Cup and you get benched, he would have wanted to be on the pitch to try and increase his goals. 

But England's main problem was our best playmakers Lingard and Trippier (who in my opinion have been our best players by far) were also on the bench.

Spain played yesterday like they just wanted to go home. I can relate to that. Not match fixing just apathy, "this is going on too long and I want to go home now". Many have families, its the summer and this should be their holiday time. 

The World cup is just a meaningless TV extravaganza to make the TV companies around the world (and some very dodgy football officials) extremely rich.

On a par with the Eurovision song contest

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Spain played yesterday like they just wanted to go home. I can relate to that. Not match fixing just apathy, "this is going on too long and I want to go home now". Many have families, its the summer and this should be their holiday time. 

The World cup is just a meaningless TV extravaganza to make the TV companies around the world (and some very dodgy football officials) extremely rich.

On a par with the Eurovision song contest

Yes I agree the top scorer in the competition was ..... Seb Blatter.  ?