Will Their Bubble Burst?

wymberley

I contacted a UK RFD over 48 hours ago where I was almost definitely going to spend some dosh well north of a grand because they had what I wanted.

I contacted an American firm late yesterday night where I'm going to spend something under 20 bucks.

Which one do you think has already replied - and yes, they can do what I asked?

Where in the UK I should have gone to first managed to respond in less than one hour so I'm content to wait until they can supply what it is I want even if I have to fork out a tad more.

21 minutes ago, islandgun said:

your normally very lucid but im struggling with that one.. is it a cryptic clue you want the answer to ?

Yep, have to agree - that was poorly written.

The first three lines were supposed to highlight the difference between two firms - one making an effort to get a new customer however little he might spend - INITIALLY - and another one who couldn't really be bothered no matter how much the new customer would spend initially but one which will now spend nothing either initially or IN THE FUTURE.

The last line was supposed to express my opinion that before jumping in with both feet I should have thought more and gone straight to the outfit that I knew I could rely on but didn't because I wasn't quite sure if they could help, but as it turned out they can and want to.

Keep up or get left behind! Basic business.

bought some pellets from a big online dealer as they were cheap, was emailed first thing the next morning about a shortage but new stock was coming in later that day so I asked if I could order more, reply within the hour and stock was reserved and I paid. Delivery was on my door step the next morning. 

I will support my local dealer whenever possible but if there is a good deal on this dealers site I will no doubt part with a few quid with them again.

when I was doing online retail the first thing I did was open my emails and have it up and checking all day and responding to every query as soon as possible, there were some proper idiots leading me on sometimes for weeks but every sale was money in the bank no matter how small.

Ive been dealing with 2 companys this week .

Avalon guns in street (somerset ) 

And bristol cameras in errrr bristol 😉

And the service and value and expertise has been excellent .on both counts .

So avalon got the sale of a new ou .and bristol cameras will be selling me a new nikon  dslr .Great web sites and a person on the other end of the phone who knows the products and bussiness and are keen to do a deal .

How it should be .

i put a post on wanted last week,while crow shootin my a300 threw out its bolt lever never to be seen again,contacted gmk "you need to order via out dealer network",so rang warrinton guns " nope dont do spare parts or gunsmithing" he says so ordered it from beretta in italy on sunday night,it was delivered on tuesday afternoon,now thats service.

On 06/10/2018 at 16:51, paulinlincs said:

An RFD had a specific gun i wanted expected in stock 8 weeks later. I emailed twice offering full asking price and willing to pay up front. Never heard back .

Emailed another asking for 28 bore carts as advertised in stock. Nevee heard back.

Always found Nick at Avalon to be brilliant, unfortunately it’s 200 mile from me .

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:55, islandgun said:

joking aside,  I have made several enquiries in the past to RFD,s  which have been ignored, if they cant answer then dont advertise on line 

My experience as well, some years back I enquired of a RFD about a WMR they had available, sent several emails and not a word.  Some weeks later I was driving nearby and called in...… "oh, we never look at emails, probably got about 6000 there now!"

He went out of business about a year later! 

I know it's a funny old business (RFD), but it seems most don't have a clue about customer service! 

Stutley gun (Barn Shop), Herts. Tried to buy a Tikka from them, twice. Both times they said they'll call me back. Never heard another thing. Ended up buying from the Country Store, Sawston (great service, called back with price, stated delivery times etc.)

Needless to say Stutley Gun doesn't exist anymore, not in the least surprised the staff were clueless and didn't know much about rifles, reloading or anything else. Country Store is doing just fine.

So easy to make a bad impression and lose future business. 

I have dealt with Martyn at Countryman of Derby for the last 3 or 4 years. Good prices, helpful and knowledgeable. Worth the 5 hour round trip ...but I have to make the most of it so am forced to spend far more then I should :lol: