Shooting Geese with a HMR!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadeve ive said he would use a HMR on them for pest control. Who else would do this and if you were out shooting and had the oppertunity to take a goose out legally and you wanted it for your dinner?

Harry

A phrase springs to mind here harry ......It would,nt be cricket ...........Basically there is a eiquette and gamebirds/wildfowl etc!! are shot in flight .As I don't really participate in either of those fields in any large frequency I'm unable to comment further .

Canadian Geese are now classed as Vermin and are in epidemic proportions round theses parts therefore I stand by what I stated earlier .Has a rule of thumb I always respect etiquette

they look like some hybrid goose that could well be a domestic farmed goose. Its not a good example of shooting as they look tame to me. I guess cruelty wise its probably no better or worse than shooting them in flight with a shotgun when you will inevitably injure the odd one but its not something I'd be wanting to do

Im a firm believer of using the the right tool for the job...............and clearly this is not the correct tool...............after gatehring the geese I was bemused to see one still alive only to have its head screwed off.............

I mirror the views of everyone else.............

It not too clever that folks are permitted to ost this **** on the web...............

touchy subject this.but personally ,if asked to shoot geese and they were legal quarry for me too do the job,i would not think twice about shooting them with me .222(aint got a hmr) ,would not shoot them with me .22 or shotgun.can see the point of veiw about being sporting,but if their doing damage,just like pigeons,would have no probs shooting them whilst sat on floor.also can see the point of veiw that the fella who made the video,is a bit of a *** for doing the vid and being a rubbish shot too.geese are a bit big for a 17 hmr in my opinion,centerfire would be more appropriate :good:

much the same can be said for Deer shooting when its not that unusual to have hit animals run. The guy did pick all his geese and ok one wasn't completely dead but it wasn't far off. Whats wrong is why he felt the need to video it and bung it on the net

Not wounding but even with a fatal injury deer can run quite a way. The idea every shot is an immediate kill isn't true in any form of shooting you are always going to get runners etc whether you're shooting pigeons with a shotgun, rabbits with an airgun etc etc

it does nothing for the image of the rest of us

your right paul, but any vid, pic, dvd, showing shooting does us no favors.

its very rare that i put any pics of dead gear up, but its only because any of the antis could use it against us. i dont have any problems with shot animals, and we all have had a runner.

but thats the game we are in. in a country that shooting is not looked down upon this vid would not have raised an eyebrow.to me he is a dork on 2 things, putting the vid on the web,

and for not taking his time and doing the job right. (but read ives sig)

just watched it , and if i was an FLO i,d revoke his certs.

the cals just not big enough as you can see , and he cant shoot for **** as you can also see .

pest control or sport 100% respect is still needed in my opinion .

It seems he has deleted all the comments :blush:

But the video is still there! That is so wrong! I always feel a little sadness when I take somethings life, but this guy treats these animals like their feelings are just a game. How can someone be so cruel and then feel the need to show it off like he's some kind of great hunter? :blush: