.177 or .22 for rabbits??????????

mosa

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...mp;#entry335830

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...mp;#entry325124

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...mp;#entry325097

To name but a few

I rekon its worth pinning these ones, or threads like it, cos apart from "What Airgun Should I Buy" and "Which Pellet" its gotrta be up the top. All valid questions, and I know people should use the search....Just an idea.

.177 or .22 for rabbits?:good:?:lol:?? does it really matter. i know i will get the usual arguments from both sides so a simple yey or ney will do cheers in advance!!!!!! :lol:

got a .177 and.22,love em both.with head shots all the time i personally think the .22 does a better job.

dont seem to get many twitchers with it. although both do the job very well.

My hunting buddie is using a HW 77 .20. He can shoot rabbits in the head at >50 yards (with a minimal hold over) and penetrate the skull, they always drop where they sit, no hopping around after beeing hit. Pigeons the same. I think .20 is absolute under-rated in airgun world, dont no why. I use both, .177 and .22.

That's the reason I gonna buy me a HW95.20 :D

this is definately the last time i'm going to comment on this issue, .........until the the next time

don't listen to anyone who says .22 is the better calibre as they are obviously numpties

.177 all the way :):):good:

You numptie.

If you ever have the misfortune to meet tosspot you will quickly realise he could not hold a .22 due to his bodymass, or lack of it, and has defied, no, baffled the medical profession regarding the use of a 177.

my friend and i have exactly the same weapon one .177 one .22 mine being the .22 and theres not much difference tbh. except i'm a better shot :)

but as they say in the head and they're dead.

mostly about the shooter but if you're confident go for a .22 if you're unsure possibly the .177?

Ongoing argumment i don't think there'll ever be a "better" calibre as such. they both have different pros and cons.

Haz :)

Cheer s for all your comments well most of you! (I would have done a search on this topic but i think its good to just post the question for all new users and guests alike to respond straight away, sad really that some coments at times on this forum seem to be negative!!) anyway back to it. I bought a Daystate x2 in .177 in black synthetic stock, a real beauty!! complete with simmons m1842 scope so im looing forward to getting out tonight, Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is definately the last time i'm going to comment on this issue, .........until the the next time

don't listen to anyone who says .22 is the better calibre as they are obviously numpties

.177 all the way <_<:lol:;)

You numptie.

If you ever have the misfortune to meet tosspot you will quickly realise he could not hold a .22 due to his bodymass, or lack of it, and has defied, no, baffled the medical profession regarding the use of a 177.

Ha

this from the GIMP lovechild of Jimmy Somerville & Dale Winton, who had to sell his Land Rover coz driving it round town made his arms ache

BTW

the fella down the charity shop has asked me to tell you that there is a new consignment of old peoples clothes in that you would be interested in

.177 all the way :lol:;):good:

You numptie.

Ha

this from the GIMP lovechild of Jimmy Somerville & Dale Winton, who had to sell his Land Rover coz driving it round town made his arms ache

BTW

the fella down the charity shop has asked me to tell you that there is a new consignment of old peoples clothes in that you would be interested in

:good::):good:

LB hasn't surfaced since Bisley, I'm getting a bit concerned <_<

SS

.177 all the way <_<:lol:;)

You numptie.

Ha

BTW

As usual I will take all the stuff that doesn't fit you, which in your case will be most of it.

LB :good:

.177 for me also. The only reason being that there seems to be more pros than cons with this calibre. .177's have a flatter trajectory, which means if you aren't very good at estimating ranges, the .177 calibre is more forgiving. Also, .177 are not as affected by wind which is also a good thing. A .177 pellet will take down a rabbit as easily as a .22 pellet - aslong as you hit them where it counts!

P.S - I used to shoot .22 and thought it was the best calibre by far as I never had any problems, but then I got a .177 and just feel that it is an easier calibre to work with and that is all that counts when it comes to making a clean kill. :)