GIVING UP SHOOTING

Frank

Hi folks,

Im thinking of giving up shooting for good. :yes::good:

Too much red tape ect, has me driven mad :good:

I go a lot with freinds anyway, so fox shooting, deer stalking ect will still be happening, but, just not with my guns, as im selling the lot.

Im going to stick with my lurchers ferrets ect, bit more freedom. :good:

Just thought id let you all know :yes:

Thanks,

Frank.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have thought about this very hard folks, over the last 6 months and have come to this.

I know it seems crazy, but the law is changing here and not for the better ither, so i will get out of it for now and see what happens, at least that way, i will get some money back, as i have spent a lot!

Frank.

Thanks Axe. :good:

It is a shame, but not all bad, i have gone threw some **** of late, stressed out, with all the applications and been trated like a criminal :good: .

The worst is the deer culling i have recently done, i dont think their is a full pen in the house, from all the applications i had to fill in. :good:

Frank.

Frank, you could get a new supernintendo at anytime (we've had three since I got the shotgun and each has been better than the last), I wouldn't pack it in yet. I don't think new rules will be as bad as has been speculated either. Lot of folks talking for the sake of it just so they appear to know something they don't. There are an awful lot of laws here which are ignored or unenforceable as things stand.

By "giving in" to the red tape, you are probably doing what the Authorities want you to do.

Stick it out man, you are made of stronger stuff than that, get a secretary, teach the ferrets how to fill the forms in, they are very adaptable characters.

Have a nice cold Guinness and we will rush a PW Samaritans squad over, to talk you out of it. :good:

If you sell your guns and give up your licences now, it will be even harder to get them back in the future.

Don't do it. :good:

Please Frank don't do it.

It will be a sad sad day for shooting in Ireland if this man sells on his kit.

But Charlie will be on the Champagne when the word gets around, the divorced & separated club will have to close due to lack of new customers.

Is that what you want..??

Cat.

it will be a real shame m8 as i also enjoyed reading your posts and looking at the pictures you put on here.

its good tho that you will still be out there doing some. but i spose i have to agree with the others that getting rid of all your kit will make it more difficult later on if you want to get back into it.

charlie

Guest rabgoat

Frank i wouldn't like to see you giving up your guns and maybe regreting it,let them sit there for a few months,conentrate on the dogs and the mad wife :good: they'll be there waiting for you when you take a notion again..i was so close to given up myself 2 years ago, a new system was brought in up here,we have to completely renew every 5 years now, real pain in the ***,i know a few who give up,but it was acctually the wife who talked me into keeping the guns,(she can't stand me in the house) :good: ,hope you make the rite decision. :good:

sorry to hear what you feel mate,i would think twice again and not let anyone stand in the way of what i do.i think in the way of there is always going to be some light at the end of the tunnel and it will be a very bright one.if you think otherwise or have made your mind up 100% all i can say is good luck for the future.

Not wishing to get too dramatic ......But this is probably the saddest post I have read on this forum. Please don't let red tape destroy you mate. You have as stated thought long and hard about your decision......It sounds like youare at the 11th hour stage(as positive thinkers/NLP practitioners would say).....just keep your cool for that bit longer and it will turn and the sun will shine on your guns again....By alll means stick to the lurchers etc....please keep the faith and the guns

Frank,as you can see by my member no and date i joined i have been on pigeon watch a while now,i don't post a great deal but look in most days.I enjoy reading your posts about shooting trips you have had and looking at your pictures they are allways well presented.DON'T give in to the red tape brigade that is what they want.When you read your posts you can see you have a passion for shooting and the ways of the countryside.For the sake of filling a form out and ticking the right boxes you can carry on shooting and hunting.Instead of giving in to them introduce a friend to the world of shooting and make even more paper work for them to sort out. :good:

:lol::good: ,...............O' my god, im gob smacked, thanks ever so much folks, i never knew you all cared so much :good:

I went to my firearms dealer today and done the deed :yes: , my .223, is now on the shelf and for sale. :lol:

My .22 and my Barretta, are their aswell.

I have variouse gun stuff for sale ect, including my S & B scope, which iv had a while, has seen many, many foxes ect, over the years, might put them up for sale soon.

Im feeling a wee bit sad now, but also a bit relieved, hard to explain the stuff i went threw, too long to mention. :good:

As said, i will still be shooting with freinds and i will still have events on what happened on the day, pictures ect, so not to worry folks. :lol:

All the best and thanks very much again :yes:

Frank.

Well as someone else said......... "A man`s not finished when he`s defeated; he`s finished when he quits!"

Glad to see you are still out there and doing it, if it has done any good it has steeled everyones resolve on PW to fight back against red tape, well done Frank and keep on posting, I want to see the dogs and ferrets working at full speed this coming season.