Brexit - merged threads

scouser

Just heard on the news 200 MP's have written to May demanding she rule out a "no deal" Brexit 😡If she agrees, this further weakens the UK's negotiating position! How bloody stupid! Some EU members are getting very twitchy about the UK leaving without a deal......if they are told now there will definitely NOT be a no deal Brexit, why should they offer the U.K. any concessions in order to to get a "deal"?

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Just heard on the news 200 MP's have written to May demanding she rule out a "no deal" Brexit 😡If she agrees, this further weakens the UK's negotiating position! How bloody stupid! Some EU members are getting very twitchy about the UK leaving without a deal......if they are told now there will definitely NOT be a no deal Brexit, why should they offer the U.K. any concessions in order to to get a "deal"?

No real surprises, 200 MPs demanding that the prime minister rules out the very thing the country voted for if a free trade deal couldn't be secured. I can see the sale of hi vi's vests going through the roof in this county. 

4 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

No real surprises, 200 MPs demanding that the prime minister rules out the very thing the country voted for if a free trade deal couldn't be secured. I can see the sale of hi vi's vests going through the roof in this county. 

If only!  These rats need to know they are in their cushy jobs to represent the PEOPLE, not their own personal agendas! It,s time they were taught a hard lesson!

Lots of yellow jackets and I'd guess most will be used in constituencies where there was a high leave vote with an MP who is going against what his electorate voted for and the mandate that he and his party were elcted on. Those MP's (hope we get a list of who wrote those letters) need to be taught a financial lesson by their electors.

An absolute outrage! And its not often you'll see me using that puncutation.

Edited by Dave-G

7 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

If only!  These rats need to know they are in their cushy jobs to represent the PEOPLE, not their own personal agendas!

Where did you get that idea from?  That is only true at election time (when no business is done anyway).  Once elected - they do as they like.

7 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Where did you get that idea from?  That is only true at election time (when no business is done anyway).  Once elected - they do as they like.

Something we need to address!

future-proof.jpg?resize=540%2C305&ssl=1

London has been ranked as the foremost city in Europe for ‘future proofing’ by international professional services and investment management company JLL. Their analysis looks at key data points in wide ranging criteria, from ‘International Patent Applications’ to ‘Environmental Quality’. No other European city comes close…

Globally, London is only beaten by San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and New York. The results show that London is still better placed than any other city in Europe to face down future challenges and continue to prosper – “despite Brexit”. That is not going to change unless we got a Corbyn government…

Source    Guido Fawkes

Watch this clip for a prime example of why people don’t trust politicians. Here is second referendum evangelist Chuka Umunna speaking at a Fabian Society/NCS event at the Labour Conference Fringe in 2016. He even posted the video on his own Facebook page, including this segment where he slams the idea of a second referendum:

“I’m sorry, I’m not one of those people who thinks we should be calling for a second referendum. I think that would just look like, the referendum was fought under rules we agreed to, a result was delivered, because we don’t like it we now want to replay it again – which will simply entrench a view that we’re some elite, who don’t want to pay any attention to the

people.”

Head of NHS England Simon Stevens has told Today that the NHS is on course to be fully prepared for a no deal exit from the European Union, confirming that, despite the scare stories, there will be no medicine shortages in the event of no deal:

“If everyone does what they are being asked to do, particularly around the transport and logistics infrastructure, then yes that will be the case.”

This confirms Health Secretary Matt Hancock’s announcement over the weekend that he is “confident that we’ll have the unhindered supply of medicines so long as the plans that we have in place are properly enacted.” 

Stevens also took aim at some of the scare stories around post-Brexit staffing shortages, confirming that more non-EU migrants work in the NHS than EU migrants at the moment, and that after we have left the EU “there is no reason why we can’t get this right.” Maybe unrelenting Remainers should listen to the experts…

19 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Watch this clip for a prime example of why people don’t trust politicians. Here is second referendum evangelist Chuka Umunna speaking at a Fabian Society/NCS event at the Labour Conference Fringe in 2016. He even posted the video on his own Facebook page, including this segment where he slams the idea of a second referendum:

That was before soros lured him to the dark side 🙄

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Must have been a different ballot paper from mine. 

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

So they want to rule out what they voted for in parliament?

1 hour ago, yod dropper said:

So they want to rule out what they voted for in parliament?

They want to rule out Brexit in its entirety, and they arent too fussed how they do it.

It never fails to surprise me how many MPs, many with leave majorities in their constituency, are quite willing to put their principles to one side and try to undo what the Ref. result was all about.
They cite conscience, 'I cannot in all conscience support this' is a favourite line of Soubrey, completely ignoring the will, and anger of her constituency.
We dont care what your conscience says, enact the will of the people who voted for you !
It certainly makes you wonder why they want to vote themselves out of their cushy jobs ?
Have they all been promised work at Open Society ?

Labour are no better, they have voted through a soft Brexit stance that is going to anger their core voters in the North, do they care ?
They should do, otherwise they are going to be devastated at the next election.

Both remain Cons, and remain Labs, what do they think is going to happen ?
Are we all going to get sick of it, and just let them decide for us whether we leave or stay ?
Are we going to forget about the MPs who thought they would simply bypass the result ?

If thats the case, it just goes to show how much the political class is out of touch with the plebs.

They think we are stupid ?
Wait and see where that gets you, look across the Channel, and see whats happening.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Cameron made very clear that a vote to leave, meant leaving the customs Union, the single market ect,so by default if a free trade deal couldn't be secured then we should have had a "hard" (a term made up by remainiacs since they lost) brexit, those in power are now backtracking on that commitment, which doesn't surprise me much to be honest. 

41 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Cameron made very clear that a vote to leave, meant leaving the customs Union, the single market ect,so by default if a free trade deal couldn't be secured then we should have had a "hard" (a term made up by remainiacs since they lost) brexit, those in power are now backtracking on that commitment, which doesn't surprise me much to be honest. 

Correct!

52 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Carp. Whats Cameron to do with anything? Cameron, Blair they are all has been's and they were not on the ballot paper. 

Lots of project promise from both sides but the vote was clear 'Leave the European Union' Nothing more nothing less. Any of the options being considered will fulfill that promise. Remember we all knew what we were voting for. :lol:

looking forward now it's only a few weeks and we can get onto the phase two :lol:

19 minutes ago, besty57 said:

Channel 4 ,at 9pm tonight. 

Brexit the uncivil war,I wonder what rubbish C4 ,will spout,

Cannot be any worse than the rubbish posted on here by the remainers who can see no further than their own pocket 😂😂

46 minutes ago, hambone said:

Cannot be any worse than the rubbish posted on here by the remainers who can see no further than their own pocket 😂😂

Looks like it will be a good watch. Cannot be any worse than the rubbish posted on here by the quitters who do not understand the world around them. 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, oowee said:

Looks like it will be a good watch. Cannot be any worse than the rubbish posted on here by the quitters who do not understand the world around them. 🤣🤣

Wish I had started a sweep on who would reply 1st 😂

1 minute ago, hambone said:

Wish I had started a sweep on who would reply 1st 😂

I hope you would have me down for first 🙂 

We seriously need this sorting I am getting more than a bit fed up of nothing much happening, and no road map for what could happen let alone what will happen next. I think I need another holiday. There is more discussion on here than in Parliament.

Just now, oowee said:

I hope you would have me down for first 🙂 

We seriously need this sorting I am getting more than a bit fed up of nothing much happening, and no road map for what could happen let alone what will happen next. I think I need another holiday. There is more discussion on here than in Parliament.

I agree with that, but its still not known by anybody how Brexit will pan out and while I have little faith in our politicians I have a lot of faith in our country 👍

4 hours ago, oowee said:

When I went into the ballot box there was one box with the remain option and 12 with leave options. When I queried this they said, sorry you seem to have been given a ballot paper that was only meant for remain voters. With so many options you can't wonder so many remainers were confused about what they were voting for. I said what about what the PM Mr Cameron had made clear in his many speeches and architecture of the referendum and they said what has he got to do with anything? 

16 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

When I went into the ballot box there was one box with the remain option and 12 with leave options. When I queried this they said, sorry you seem to have been given a ballot paper that was only meant for remain voters. With so many options you can't wonder so many remainers were confused about what they were voting for. I said what about what the PM Mr Cameron had made clear in his many speeches and architecture of the referendum and they said what has he got to do with anything? 

?