Brexit - merged threads

scouser

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Bad link

Screenshot_20190626_164528.jpg

Pointless stat though isn’t it, highlights the issue with the referendum, there are only two possible outcomes - not four!

Mind you, it does prove the point that everyone who voted Brexit knew exactly what they were voting for 😛

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Pointless stat though isn’t it, highlights the issue with the referendum, there are only two possible outcomes - not four!

Mind you, it does prove the point that everyone who voted Brexit knew exactly what they were voting for 😛

No, it proves that any government that promotes remain, wont be around long.

12 hours ago, Rewulf said:

No, it proves that any government that promotes remain, wont be around long.

That’s not the point though is it. The elephant in the room is how do you deliver Brexit when the leave camp is so fragmented. Answer: you probably can’t.

Reality bites, in fact it’s already bitten for just about everyone except the 28% minority.

47 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That’s not the point though is it. The elephant in the room is how do you deliver Brexit when the leave camp is so fragmented. Answer: you probably can’t.

Reality bites, in fact it’s already bitten for just about everyone except the 28% minority.

How can you contemplate remain as an alternative, when A. They are in a minority? B. It would irrevocably damage public trust in government /democracy? C. Make us the laughing stock of the world? 

No - it's the Remain bunch. They have cried and threatened, like spoiled children. If people are laughing, it's probably because  some won't accept democracy, akin to dictatorship, who won't accept the electorate result.

17 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

No - it's the Remain bunch. They have cried and threatened, like spoiled children. If people are laughing, it's probably because  some won't accept democracy, akin to dictatorship, who won't accept the electorate result.

Did you see the news story about Turkey? I think it was about Istanbul mayor elections? The President forced another vote because he didn't like the result, it has blown up in his face big time, apparently whoever controls Istanbul controls Turkey someone said! 

2 hours ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Cameron & his conservative party interests, have already done that

What , by giving people a choice ?
What else were they supposed to do, the people wanted it, they got it, they voted to leave.
Just because elements in the government dont like the result, we have to stay ?

Is that the kind of country you want to live in ?

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It could well be similar here if the main parties don't deliver Brexit, big backlash from voters.

This is guaranteed .

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

How can you contemplate remain as an alternative, when A. They are in a minority? B. It would irrevocably damage public trust in government /democracy? C. Make us the laughing stock of the world? 

Okay, put aside Remain, how do you get an agreeable version of Brexit to the 57%?

Like I said the stats are pointless without numbers indicating at least 2nd and 3rd preferences for each of the leave cases.

grieve.jpg?resize=540%2C317&ssl=1

Dominic Grieve and Margaret Becket have announced that in yet another attempt to frustrate the referendum result they will propose amendments finance legislation on Tuesday to defund vital Government departments in the event of a ‘No Deal’ Brexit. The departments targeted include the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government, Department for Education, and the Department for Work and Pensions. Going after support structures for disabled people, pensioners, and schoolchildren all to stop Britain properly leaving the EU…

Given that the legal default remains ‘No Deal’, and the Government has already spent in the region of £4 billion preparing for it, this is a deeply callous course of action as if parliamentary paralysis persists then Britain will leave with ‘No Deal’. It’s a likely outcome and this Remainer plan will deliberately twist the knife into vulnerable people if it goes ahead.

As Number 10’s former Director of Legislative Affairs Nikki da Costa points out, in January 20 Tory MPs voted to neuter the Government’s tax administration powers in the event of ‘No Deal’, preventing measures that will reassure business. The psychology of MPs legislating to bring government departments to a halt if they don’t get their way on Brexit is a new level of fanaticism

Source: Guido Fawkes

This is the level that fanatical Remoaners will sink to, to subvert the democratic will of the people! Anyone backing this should hang their heads in shame!

On 26/06/2019 at 10:22, Raja Clavata said:

By all accounts pretty much echoes the views being reported out of the EU hierarchy. 

and we believe those.....why? Hardly impartial?

We became a global laughing stock when 17.4M of our population voted for something that three years down the line they still don’t all agree on the details themselves.

This is part of the problem, some people who cannot grasp the complexities of the reality of the world we live in try to reduce the complexity of an issue to a level they can understand in order to establish a binary decision that they are comfortable with. Talk about limited thinking, It’s actually pretty pathetic.

To be clear I am in no way suggesting ALL Brexiteers suffer from the above.

22 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

I fully recognise the cracks. I also recognise the fact that two sides are required in order to hold negotiations.

Yes it’s a mess. Some people need to face up to reality.

What makes "Dr. North" the unchallenged "expert" on this? See my post above, and the legal experts who dismiss his theories!

21 hours ago, Retsdon said:

You're having a laugh, right? The whole point of Brexit was that we would be able to protect British labour, British fishing, British whatever from unfair competition. We wanted to turn the clock back to 1974! And as for inward looking...what was your first sentence again? If the outcome of all this self-delusion werent going to be so disastrous, it would be funny.

and YOU know it will be a disaster....how? Because some EU "expert" says so? 

21 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Nope.

Nope.

Definitely nope.

First sentence was 'You know what ?' Your point ?

Whos laughing ?
Self delusion is sat in  a different country, and thinking you know whats really going on back here, while lamenting not being able to come back to the mess we are about to make of it.
Now thats funny !

How very true!

20 hours ago, Retsdon said:

So? What was the objective?

Of course, the second sentence. I thought about editing, but didn't imagine it necessary.

As for what the outcome of Brexit is likely to be, I don't mind betting that I know more than most people inside the country - a) because I have plenty of time on my hands to research, and b) because I don't confine my reading to my own side's propaganda. I don't have a side. I just read and learn but I'm prepared to call obvious ******** like Boris's when I see it.

As for my feelings about having my kids grow up under a military dictatorship? It's odd that you should find amusement in them. But hey, you'll know yourself best.

Many of us have plenty of time to do our research, and many of us are closer to that source of research. And we don,t just take material from one side.... unlike you, we live amongst it!

On 26/06/2019 at 02:48, Retsdon said:

"The point at issue, though, is that neither of these Brexit plans are serious proposals offered by serious men. They do not take us any further forward and do not deserve to be treated seriously – and nor will they be. Whether leavers or remainers, we deserve better than these cretins, whose delinquent approach to such a vital subject is a colossal betrayal of the nation."

www.eureferendum.com

in successive articles Dr. North rips Johnson and Hunt and their absurd 'plans' to bits. But when the stuff finally hits the fan and the country is in economic freefall it shouldn't just be people like Boris his ilk who catch the blame. A lot of the responsibility for the upcoming disaster lies with mainstream media like the BBC that, in the interests of 'balance', have allowed these people to present their utter rubbish basically unchallenged. The problem is that self-important hacks like Laura Kuennsberg aren't proper journalists at all. They're just supporting players in a real life reality-tv show, and while it might make for entertaining TV the country is going to pay a massive price for their failure to do their jobs properly.

Who in God,s name is Dr North? What makes him the "expert" on this?

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

No idea what you’re banging on about.

My apology. I was distracted by a phone call when refuting something another poster said............

13 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

We became a global laughing stock when 17.4M of our population voted for something that three years down the line they still don’t all agree on the details themselves.

This is part of the problem, some people who cannot grasp the complexities of the reality of the world we live in try to reduce the complexity of an issue to a level they can understand in order to establish a binary decision that they are comfortable with. Talk about limited thinking, It’s actually pretty pathetic.

Unfortunately it's the folk in power making us a laughing stock, we had two choices, leave or remain.

And the majority voted LEAVE, it's the politicians dragging their heels.

When there is a General Election, voters vote for a broad brush approach. They don't vote on whether the Government will increase fuel duty by 1p per litre, or the State Pension by 1%.

When voters elected to leave the EU, that should mean either a deal which can get through Parliament or leave with no deal. Remainers bleat that leavers are split on the terms of our exit. How do they know? No-one has asked me or anyone I know, yet they repeat this ludicrous statement. It is their last throw of the dice, accusing leavers of not knowing what they want.

Now that is pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

When there is a General Election, voters vote for a broad brush approach. They don't vote on whether the Government will increase fuel duty by 1p per litre, or the State Pension by 1%.

When voters elected to leave the EU, that should mean either a deal which can get through Parliament or leave with no deal. Remainers bleat that leavers are split on the terms of our exit. How do they know? No-one has asked me or anyone I know, yet they repeat this ludicrous statement. It is their last throw of the dice, accusing leavers of not knowing what they want.

Now that is pathetic.

The remainers seem keen to split the Leavers to dilute the numbers, divide and conquer!

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

The remainers seem keen to split the Leavers to dilute the numbers, divide and conquer!

I think that's why Corbyn is keeping quiet, no need to make noise when others are doing damage to themselves, the tories and brexit party need to get on the same page or Labour would sneak in.

17 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

As far as I can tell it was a Leaver who posted the pie chart showing the leave vote split between three preferences.

The snaking that some Leavers are now undertaking really beggars belief. They bought into the lie and are now trying their best to ignore the reality of the situation we are all faced with.

i reckon even the most ardent of them will get with the gig soon enough.

44 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Okay, put aside Remain, how do you get an agreeable version of Brexit to the 57%?

Like I said the stats are pointless without numbers indicating at least 2nd and 3rd preferences for each of the leave cases.

I would imagine the same way as it works when we have a GE , some of the people arent going to get what they  want.

In the referendum, we had a clear majority of 4 % or 1.6 million votes, governments have been installed with far less.

Lets put his in very simple terms, if remain had won by 4 % or the same margins in people, but the government/HOC was biased toward leave, how would you feel (as a remainer) that your (winning) vote wasnt being implemented, and we were in fact leaving anyway ?
Or, say you were a labour supporter, we have a GE , and labour won a clear majority in the house, but the sitting tory government blocked them taking office because of , I dont know, 'concerns' about whether or not they were fit to run the country, and 3 years on, the tories are still in power ?

From your position, it seems clear cut, that a WTO Brexit is a very bad idea, you have to ask yourself what you base that assumption on.
Its an unknown quantity, yet people/media/politicos will tell you they KNOW its going to be bad, based on WHAT ?
Fear of the unknown, projections, coercion, bias ?

Weve finally got people to come out of the idea that all Brexiters are mindless, racist, xenophobes.
Now its Brexit spells economic disaster, again.

Remain spells political disaster, and thats closely followed by economic disaster, this is an undeniable fact when you think about it.
So take a trip into the unknown, or the known badlands, this is the choice.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

As far as I can tell it was a Leaver who posted the pie chart showing the leave vote split between three preferences.

But it still adds up to LEAVE, NOT REMAIN !

Thats not rocket science is it ?

I think most of us leavers want out of the dodgy club regardless of a deal or no deal. Its the biggest political issue in a decade and I suspect most leavers would be willing to let other issues wait till this one is resolved.

Edited by Dave-G
added 'I suspect'

59 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Oops ! missed this one.
We ARE back to the 'some people didnt know what they were voting for' line ..again 😂