Brexit - merged threads

scouser

2 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Cheers Vince + Pinfire....:good:

You are welcome! 

59 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I have only voted for Labour once as a strategic vote I think around the time of Major ('92) but I struggled with that immensely. Corbyn would be a stretch too far I feel but in truth it probably depends on how bad the whole mess with Brexit gets. To say "never" is something people often regret saying and are reminded of down the line.

By the same token, I don't know if the article published yesterday about the mainstream views of Conservative members is correct but if they are then they don't represent the majority of my views either.

You could always vote for the anti-shooting sports Limp / Dumbs?

48 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

The Tories are rising in the polls, just as Labour are plummeting. I never thought Corbyn would ever make PM, but he is truly doomed.

Ill health rumours, anti-semitism running rife, bombshell Panorama programme, gagging orders being sought (despite Labour's previous stance on these). It all adds up to a potential disaster for Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell and co.

A disaster they deserve!

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

13 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Who despite their avowed name are currently  neither Liberal nor Democratic.

They are at least consistent and with a whole 12 MPs absolutely POINTLESS!

Hardly surprising that Chuka Umanna joined them as he is completely pointless too!

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Not really , the people trying to STOP Brexit happening are causing the mess.

Brexit hasnt happened yet, so you cant say its the mess of Brexit, or the tories, Farage , right wing xenophobes , illiterate Brits ect.
WHEN it happens, despite the best efforts of the remain majority Parliament, you can blame any mess on BREXIT, until then lets keep the blame for the mess and indecision where it rightfully belongs, with the politicos causing it.

Only you seem to be using this xenophobe and illiterate language, I don't know why you appear so hung up on it, you are clearly not illiterate 😛 

I can claim that the mess of Brexit is attributable to the Tories, Farage and whoever I else I choose to point the finger at.

Others have stated that nothing we say on PW has any bearing in real life, that may be the case for the retired, has beens, never was' or whatever's but for those of us that still have careers and can be held accountable for our actions and comments on social media that is not the case and we have to exhibit constraint. If you need proof of these points see below (for which the aforementioned clauses prevent me from sharing my true thoughts of disgust of such an outrageous statement ...

45 minutes ago, pinfireman said:

Voting for the current Labour Party leadership would be like voting for those who ran the death camps in WW2

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

Only you seem to be using this xenophobe and illiterate language

No , it was remain weapon of choice at one time, it was as ineffective then as it is now.
And therefore I am far from hung up on it.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

you are clearly not illiterate

Why thank you, but you miss the point ,as above , there was a time, probably still is , when the simple fact of you voting leave, MADE you a xenophobic idiot.

Although not as fashionable as it once was , it lurks in the back of the remainer mind :lol:

5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I can claim that the mess of Brexit is attributable to the Tories, Farage and whoever I else I choose to point the finger at.

Of course you can, but thats your opinion, not a fact.

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Others have stated that nothing we say on PW has any bearing in real life, that may be the case for the retired, has beens, never was' or whatever's but for those of us that still have careers and can be held accountable for our actions and comments on social media that is not the case and we have to exhibit constraint. If you need proof of these points see below (for which the aforementioned clauses prevent me from sharing my true thoughts of disgust of such an outrageous statement ...

No, thats your opinion, and thats his, if it bothers you so much , take him to task on it.
But when you have a statement like that you find so offensive, does that not give you pause for thought about the apparent stance of the parliamentary labour party ?
Are labour institutionally antisemitic, or just a bit antisemitic ?
The former gives Pinfires statement some credence, whilst the latter begs the question , do labour turn a blind eye to antisemitism within elements of the party ?
Which is nearly as bad, and probably closer to the truth.

Either way , its inexcusable, and far from the inclusivity the party is renowned for no ?

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

No , it was remain weapon of choice at one time, it was as ineffective then as it is now.
And therefore I am far from hung up on it.

Why thank you, but you miss the point ,as above , there was a time, probably still is , when the simple fact of you voting leave, MADE you a xenophobic idiot.

Although not as fashionable as it once was , it lurks in the back of the remainer mind :lol:

Of course you can, but thats your opinion, not a fact.

No, thats your opinion, and thats his, if it bothers you so much , take him to task on it.
But when you have a statement like that you find so offensive, does that not give you pause for thought about the apparent stance of the parliamentary labour party ?
Are labour institutionally antisemitic, or just a bit antisemitic ?
The former gives Pinfires statement some credence, whilst the latter begs the question , do labour turn a blind eye to antisemitism within elements of the party ?

Either way , its inexcusable, and far from the inclusivity the party is renowned for no ?

You either do endorse or do not endorse Pinfire's latest outburst!? Based on your reply I take it you do endorse...

There is nothing particularly offensive to me since I am not Jewish nor a member of the Labour party. I believe it's perfectly acceptable to consider someone's statement as outrageous without taking offence to it.

1 hour ago, pinfireman said:

Not much of a choice is there - Lib Dems Anti Shooting - Labour Antisemitic - Tories Anti Islam - Brexit Party Anti EU.

Anyway, back on topic, quite how the agenda from some appears to moving any notion of blame for the Brexit debacle away from the Tories is astonishing.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

You either do endorse or do not endorse Pinfire's latest outburst!? Based on your reply I take it you do endorse...

Did you actually read what I said ?

12 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

3 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

There is nothing particularly offensive to me since I am not Jewish nor a member of the Labour party. I believe it's perfectly acceptable to consider someone's statement as outrageous without taking offence to it.

So you think its OUTRAGEOUS 😂 but youre not offended by it ?
Err OK ...

outrageous
/aʊtˈreɪdʒəs/
adjective

1. 1.
    shockingly bad or excessive.
    "an outrageous act of bribery"
    synonyms: shocking, disgraceful, scandalous, atrocious, appalling, abhorrent, monstrous, heinous; 
    evil, wicked, abominable, terrible, horrible, horrid, horrendous, dreadful, hideous, foul, nauseating, sickening, vile, villainous, nasty, ghastly, odious, loathsome, shameful, infamous, nefarious, iniquitous, unspeakable, intolerable, insufferable, insupportable, unendurable, unbearable; 
    impossible, exasperating, offensive, maddening, distressing; 
    immoderate, exorbitant, unreasonable; 
    informalover the top, OTT, steep, beastly
    "the outrageous burden of taxation"

•  

Just now, Rewulf said:

Did you actually read what I said ?

I did, it's a binary choice, come on which is it, you do like binary choices after all?

So you think its OUTRAGEOUS 😂 but youre not offended by it ?
Err OK ...

outrageous
/aʊtˈreɪdʒəs/
adjective

1. 1.
    shockingly bad or excessive.
    "an outrageous act of bribery"
    synonyms: shocking, disgraceful, scandalous, atrocious, appalling, abhorrent, monstrous, heinous; 
    evil, wicked, abominable, terrible, horrible, horrid, horrendous, dreadful, hideous, foul, nauseating, sickening, vile, villainous, nasty, ghastly, odious, loathsome, shameful, infamous, nefarious, iniquitous, unspeakable, intolerable, insufferable, insupportable, unendurable, unbearable; 
    impossible, exasperating, offensive, maddening, distressing; 
    immoderate, exorbitant, unreasonable; 
    informalover the top, OTT, steep, beastly
    "the outrageous burden of taxation"

•  
      Not personally offended no, feel free to look up the definition of synonyms - I think you might find that not all of them necessarily apply

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Anyway, back on topic, quite how the agenda from some appears to moving any notion of blame for the Brexit debacle away from the Tories is astonishing.

Funny isnt it , if labour had backed Mays/Barniers deal, they would have achieved a nice soft BRINO style exit, but no, they wanted the whole thing scrapping, and the Ref ignored.

Now theyre going to get Boris as PM and a good HARD Brexit, and theyve resurrected Farage into a force more powerful than he ever was, whilst destroying their party in the process.

When first you practice to deceive ....

...Karma come back to bite your *** :lol:

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Funny isnt it , if labour had backed Mays/Barniers deal, they would have achieved a nice soft BRINO style exit, but no, they wanted the whole thing scrapping, and the Ref ignored.

Now theyre going to get Boris as PM and a good HARD Brexit, and theyve resurrected Farage into a force more powerful than he ever was, whilst destroying their party in the process.

...Karma come back to bite your *** 

Unlikely. 

Just now, oowee said:

Unlikely. 

Ok, were going to get Corby as first secretary, and the Abbotcus as head of finance and indoctrination, Mcdonald will obviously be KGB direktor, is that better? 

Brexit will obviously be cancelled, and any dissenters will go to gulag 😂

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

Ok, were going to get Corby as first secretary, and the Abbotcus as head of finance and indoctrination, Mcdonald will obviously be KGB direktor, is that better? 

Even more unlikely (i Hope). 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Not much of a choice is there - Lib Dems Anti Shooting - Labour Antisemitic - Tories Anti Islam - Brexit Party Anti EU.

Tories anti-islam? Surely there are  followers of islam in the party? As for the blame, a lot is down to Labour and the Limp Dumbs, surely?

2 hours ago, henry d said:

???

Anti-semitic?

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Only you seem to be using this xenophobe and illiterate language, I don't know why you appear so hung up on it, you are clearly not illiterate 😛 

Anti-semitic?

Edited by pinfireman
spelling

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Brexit will obviously be cancelled, and any dissenters will go to gulag 😂

Probably close to the truth!

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

...Karma come back to bite your *** :lol:

You've avoided clarifying your position on an earlier comment. I suspect my original analysis of your position may have been correct.

41 minutes ago, henry d said:

There is quite a distance between anti-Semitic and genocidal maniac, but if you want to twist something to suit your agenda, go for it!

Corbyn has supported, and rubbed shoulders with organisations in the Middle East who have openly and repeatedly advocated the Genocide of the Jewish people.(and still are). And he has taken money from them!

People are judged by the company they keep. He can't bluff his way out of that one now.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

You've avoided clarifying your position on an earlier comment. I suspect my original analysis of your position may have been correct.

What, whether voting for Labour is voting for death camps? 

No I don't believe I do agree with that. 

Do you really think Pinfire was serious? 😀

26 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Corbyn has supported, and rubbed shoulders with organisations in the Middle East who have openly and repeatedly advocated the Genocide of the Jewish people.(and still are). And he has taken money from them!

People are judged by the company they keep. He can't bluff his way out of that one now.

In that case as a member of this forum, I am also a racist and am unable to bluff my way out of it either.

1 hour ago, henry d said:

In that case as a member of this forum, I am also a racist and am unable to bluff my way out of it either.

They say everybody is a racist, its part of the human condition. We are tribal and have an inbred antipathy towards members of other tribes. That however doesn't explain Corbyn's open support for terrorists who embrace the murder of innocent people as being a just and noble cause.  

This is the man who wants to be our Prime Minister remember 

Edited by Vince Green