BREXIT

JohnfromUK

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

I see Corbyn is tabling amendments to try and delay Brexit. Although his amendments have zero chance of success, it shows that Labour have not grasped the reality of their election disaster.

I heard an interview with Paul Mason, he said they needed to drop remain and forget any idea of being the rejoiner party. It was however one of the few sensible things he said. The rest was the usual crazy garbage.

As for Corbyn. Who cares what he does now. He's deader than corduroy flares.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Just wait.

For what? 😺

Reform of the vastly inefficient civil service? 

An end to Brexit uncertainty? 

An end to ridiculous human rights laws that protect terrorists and prevent deportation of illegal and criminal immigrants? 

Stopping Brussels from bullying the UK? 

Project doom if you will, but I'm highly optimistic we are on a far better course now, and so are the majority of not just this site, but the country too. 

The man in charge is looking for assistants. 

You appear to be sneering at Cummings. Is there something only you knows, that the rest of us don't? Whilst he may seem unusual, what he says makes sense to me. 

First it was prophesies about Brexit - now the same with Cummings. Try to be optimistic - it isn't that hard, now we are leaving the pigs to guzzle an ever diminishing trough.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

For what? 😺

Reform of the vastly inefficient civil service? 

An end to Brexit uncertainty? 

An end to ridiculous human rights laws that protect terrorists and prevent deportation of illegal and criminal immigrants? 

Stopping Brussels from bullying the UK? 

Project doom if you will, but I'm highly optimistic we are on a far better course now, and so are the majority of not just this site, but the country too. 

"With no election for years and huge changes in the digital world, there is a chance and a need to do things very differently. We’re particularly interested in deep experts on TV and digital. We also are interested in people who have worked in movies or on advertising campaigns. There are some very interesting possibilities in the intersection of technology and story telling"

"Those applying must watch Bret Victor’s talks and study Dynamic Land. If this excites you, then apply; if not, then don’t. I and others interviewing will discuss this with anybody who comes for an interview. "

Oh dear. This  would be funny if the future of the country were not at stake. But as history  has proven time and again sooner or later the spin won't answer any more. 

But never mind. Keep believing. 

8 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

You appear to be sneering at Cummings. Is there something only you knows, that the rest of us don't?

Just follow the link to his blogpost. And no I'm not sneering  at him. I think its ubiquitous that a government appoints a crackpot  zealot to basically run the country. Was it on the Tory manifesto? No it wasn't. Did the Conservatives (a contradiction in terms these days) ever agree to a democratic vote as to whether the said crackpot zealot could set up his own parallel administration in competition with Her Majesties Civil Service? No it didn't. 

You complained that the EU was undemocratic...jees

11 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Just follow the link to his blogpost. And no I'm not sneering  at him. I think its ubiquitous that a government appoints a crackpot  zealot to basically run the country. Was it on the Tory manifesto? No it wasn't. Did the Conservatives (a contradiction in terms these days) ever agree to a democratic vote as to whether the said crackpot zealot could set up his own parallel administration in competition with Her Majesties Civil Service? No it didn't. 

You complained that the EU was undemocratic...jees

If he streamlines the vast array of civil servants it will be a vast improvement!

If he streamlines the vast array of civil servants it will be a vast improvement!

The higher Civil Service grades have mushroomed over the last few decades. They need to be scrutinised by an outsider like Cummings.

As for the nonsense about it not being in the Tory manifesto - we are back to Brexit - people didn't know what they were voting for. I feel sorry for the electorate - hoodwinked so easily.

25 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Oh dear. This  would be funny if the future of the country were not at stake.

Why would it be funny ?
He is appealing for creative types, people who think outside the box.
People who are capable of rational thought, and who , like himself are not open to corrupt and status quo styles of management.
Its called real reform.

16 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I think its ubiquitous that a government appoints a crackpot  zealot to basically run the country

Evidence to support the accusation ?
And whilst I wasnt going to mention labour, do you actually believe that if they won the election , their sweeping 'reforms' back to the 70s would have been a better option ?

With 3 weeks in majority , why dont you wait and see what happens , rather than miserable baseless assumptions of what going to happen ?
Youre an intelligent man Retsdon, but youre bias is holding you back from seeing the big picture.

7 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Why would it be funny ?
He is appealing for creative types, people who think outside the box.
People who are capable of rational thought, and who , like himself are not open to corrupt and status quo styles of management.
Its called real reform.

Evidence to support the accusation ?
And whilst I wasnt going to mention labour, do you actually believe that if they won the election , their sweeping 'reforms' back to the 70s would have been a better option ?

With 3 weeks in majority , why dont you wait and see what happens , rather than miserable baseless assumptions of what going to happen ?
Youre an intelligent man Retsdon, but youre bias is holding you back from seeing the big picture.

A damn good nail on the head Rewulf.  This continual bitching from our remoaning friends is beginning to now get badly on my ti**.

13 hours ago, das said:

This continual bitching from our remoaning friends is beginning to now get badly on my ti**.

It's not bitching. It's pointing out that nobody signed up to have Dominic Cummings run the country as a  live experiment to test his crackpot ideas. The whole thing is a form of vivisection. Or did you vote to take on the role of a smoking beagle? :)

It's not bitching. It's pointing out that nobody signed up to have Dominic Cummings run the country as a  live experiment to test his crackpot ideas.

Sadly, that is exactly what it is. When a Government takes on any advisor, do they hold a General Election to see if the electorate agree.?

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

It's not bitching. It's pointing out that nobody signed up to have Dominic Cummings run the country as a  live experiment to test his crackpot ideas. The whole thing is a form of vivisection. Or did you vote to take on the role of a smoking beagle?

Shall we have a referendum on it, wait 3.5 years, then have a 'peoples vote' on it every time a new civil servant gets hired ?

The only crackpot idea is the idea of putting it to any kind of democratic vote, when a SPAD talks about new IDEAS  !
Cummings has been working in government for nearly 20 years, why does he need a pass now ?
Is it because hes a bit too successful at making things work, especially things you dont like ?

Just now, Retsdon said:

Steady...

Leave = Against the odds/ government / media 
Not many people doubt his strategy made it a success.

Tory majority = Against the odds / media.
His strategy has landed him a top role in making the election a success.

The future with his input looks good to me.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Tory majority = Against the odds

Not really. Look at the opposition. And the bookies had the Tories as big odds on favorites.

Anyway, we'll see. As I said before,  I will be very happy to be proved wrong and if that's the case, I fully intend to come on here wearing sack cloth and ashes and eating humble pie by the bin load. 

But I don't think it's going to happen. Unfortunately....

10 hours ago, Retsdon said:

It's not bitching. It's pointing out that nobody signed up to have Dominic Cummings run the country as a  live experiment to test his crackpot ideas. The whole thing is a form of vivisection. Or did you vote to take on the role of a smoking beagle? :)

A typical reaction, give it a rest.