Butlers /ceramic sink

team tractor

I’ve just removed this out of a customers house . It’s spotless except a little dirt around the waste. The house was spotless it came out of and had only been fitted a few years . 

ive looked online and they fetch £80-100 so I think £50 is fair . I was informed it was £300 a few years ago.

collection only . 

02E8EE1A-3810-4C15-BFDE-0682BFD67AFB.jpeg

Edited by team tractor

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I’ve just removed this out of a customers house . It’s spotless except a little dirt around the waste. The house was spotless it came out of and had only been fitted a few years . 

ive looked online and they fetch £80-100 so I think £50 is fair . I was informed it was £300 a few years ago.

collection only . 

02E8EE1A-3810-4C15-BFDE-0682BFD67AFB.jpeg

More interested in the wood behind it 😛

6 hours ago, figgy said:

Known as a Belfast sink until they became trendy.

Good price, sure someone will want it.

Apparently a Belfast is the chunky one as it’s industrial but this is a butler sink as it’s more refined . Only found this out yesterday 😎👍

8 hours ago, moondoggy said:

More interested in the wood behind it 😛

I’ll sell you that too 😀😀😀

Edited by team tractor

The Belfast sink is a variation of the Butler sink; the only difference being that, traditionally, the Belfast had an overflow and the Butler had a shallower bowl with no overflow. Nowadays, both the Belfast and the Butler have overflows, although a weir overflow is only found on the Belfast sink

I have took several of those deep sinks out when I was working , most of the time they were left in the persons garden to keep plants in , we also took a few of the brown shallow ones that were used for washing out pots in the out houses , these were also put in the gardens , nowadays like you say they are worth a few bob , if only we had a crystal ball ..............that work :yes:

33 minutes ago, masmiffy said:

The Belfast sink is a variation of the Butler sink; the only difference being that, traditionally, the Belfast had an overflow and the Butler had a shallower bowl with no overflow. Nowadays, both the Belfast and the Butler have overflows, although a weir overflow is only found on the Belfast sink

Hence the one in the pic has the overflow, at junior school we used to jam the buttermilk soap in the overflow and put paper towels in the plug hole and leave running. The aim was water coming down the stairs as tiloilets were all near the stone stairways. I never managed it but others did on occasion.