Six Nations

bumpy22

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Fantastic game, disagree with Tuilangi that was naughty deserved red card

I'm just not sure what else he could do? He's gone in full belt to stop the try (as he should) gets there and suddenly North's head is waist level. I tell you, if he goes with his arm in a full tackle, that'd be a heck of a lot worse, because he'd have basically clothes-lined him, which would have snapped his neck back. Sometimes heads hit hard things.

Just now, andrewluke said:

i didn't see anything special from England:whistling:

Typical Wales then. Doesn't need anything special to beat them.

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

I'm just not sure what else he could do? He's gone in full belt to stop the try (as he should) gets there and suddenly North's head is waist level. I tell you, if he goes with his arm in a full tackle, that'd be a heck of a lot worse, because he'd have basically clothes-lined him, which would have snapped his neck back. Sometimes heads hit hard things.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

Fantastic game, disagree with Tuilangi that was naughty deserved red card

I think it was a red and Tuilangi new it, yes North is dropping but T has to wrap the arm when making a tackle,  T took one for the team making sure there wasn't a try.

I thought Slade had a great game, and England defended brilliantly. 

I don't know why England kick high against Wales you always get punished on the return because they are so good at the back three.

Talking about not tackling properly,  Farrell ran a dummy line and got cleaned out with a shoulder charge,  England scored but this should be picked up on.

Great game.

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

Here's a still, for anyone who's not seen it. Manu's right shoulder's about to connect with North's head as he's slid out of play by Slade's tackle

image.png.7f2cb06d4ec559f7a0b6d4a96beb6547.png

If he had got his right arm under the ball then there would have been no foul.

What about the high shot on Manu? Welsh player deliberately went high with a head to head tackle, knowing he had to stop him, splitting Manus forehead,  clearly used his head.

9 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Scotland are looking like they may do England a favour here. Scotland are looking good.

Come on Scotland

Spoke too soon :no:

Or....have France given them a helping hand...

They have! red card for punching! Oh France, you really do know how to shoot holes in your own boat.

3 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Scotland are looking like they may do England a favour here. Scotland are looking good.

Come on Scotland

Spoke too soon 

I didn't expect Scotland to play as well as they did , fair play to them ,infact when I saw the Piper on the roof I said to the wife they would  stand a better chance of wining if they put a Sniper up there instead !

2 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

How come no mention of Marler and his antics

BBC News mentioned it in passing this morning, apparently there has to be action by this evening or nothing happened.

11 hours ago, derbyduck said:

I didn't expect Scotland to play as well as they did , fair play to them ,infact when I saw the Piper on the roof I said to the wife they would  stand a better chance of wining if they put a Sniper up there instead !

I don't think Scotland played well, more that the French side were diabolical and let the Scots win.

On 07/03/2020 at 21:38, chrisjpainter said:

Here's a still, for anyone who's not seen it. Manu's right shoulder's about to connect with North's head as he's slid out of play by Slade's tackle

image.png.7f2cb06d4ec559f7a0b6d4a96beb6547.png

I saw a clip of this that showed North intentionally duck his head (as most people would with Tualagi barrelling towards you). They posited that Manu had to react to stop himself taking North's head clean off, so pulled his arm in. I'm not convinced, but they showed several instances of Wales intentionally ducking tackles, then immediately claiming high tackle.

Wales were a rough and mardy side this week, which isn't normally like them (not seen them much this 6 nations though). England were scrappy and Wales could have just waited them out and taken the game

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

I saw something about it, but it took a lot of post searching to find out what happened, which isn't a great demonstration of BBC impartiality! I'm hoping a ban comes Marler's way, if it's proved. I haven't seen it, but given the plethora of cameras that festoon Twickernham, I'm sure one them would have picked it up, so justice should be done.

Another nail in the coffin for people who claim rugby is still a 'gentleman's game'

2 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I saw something about it, but it took a lot of post searching to find out what happened, which isn't a great demonstration of BBC impartiality! I'm hoping a ban comes Marler's way, if it's proved. I haven't seen it, but given the plethora of cameras that festoon Twickernham, I'm sure one them would have picked it up, so justice should be done.

Another nail in the coffin for people who claim rugby is still a 'gentleman's game'

It is all over the media i just heard that all games on the final day have  been postponed which will put a damper on the end result 

2 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

I saw a clip of this that showed North intentionally duck his head (as most people would with Tualagi barrelling towards you). They posited that Manu had to react to stop himself taking North's head clean off, so pulled his arm in. I'm not convinced, but they showed several instances of Wales intentionally ducking tackles, then immediately claiming high tackle.

Wales were a rough and mardy side this week, which isn't normally like them (not seen them much this 6 nations though). England were scrappy and Wales could have just waited them out and taken the game

If you look at the tackle which is being made by england's full back north is not ducking he is being tackled so he is going down not ducking his head to make out it is a high tackle 

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

don't think Scotland played well, more that the French side were diabolical and let the Scots win.

I've just watched the end of the game, Scotland frustrated France causing them to loose their game plan, great win for Scotland.

It's a physical game and a lot more Gentleman like than some, what has Marler done?

5 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

There is so much going on, watching the highlights again a Wales player gets injured with a no arm chop tackle on Sincler, cuts him down but an illegal tackle and dangerous. 

46 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

If you look at the tackle which is being made by england's full back north is not ducking he is being tackled so he is going down not ducking his head to make out it is a high tackle 

He clearly drops once he's seen Tualagi, arms up and he hunches over. As I said, it might have just been instinct, but it wasn't the first time I noticed similar tactics

2 hours ago, Demonic69 said:

He clearly drops once he's seen Tualagi, arms up and he hunches over. As I said, it might have just been instinct, but it wasn't the first time I noticed similar tactics

Name another in that game if you want to talk about tactics look at Farrell you won't get another dirtier player than him he pushed at least two players out of the game no where  near the ball   

Hey if you can get away with it you do but you dont drop your head to get knocked out to get a penalty 

Edited by Rim Fire