Lead ban & BASC

Both Gamebore and Eley have been making non-lead carts with biodegradable wads for some time. They obviously saw the way the wind as blowing. In Denmark, the hunting organisation has actually asked their government to ban plastic wads. Denmark doesn't have any cartridge manufacturers. It imports everything.

If some UK cartridge manufacturers have decided to fall out with nine shooting oganisations representing most of their market, while at the same time demanding money to change, then I wonder about their business acumen. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, stagboy said:

Both Gamebore and Eley have been making non-lead carts with biodegradable wads for some time. They obviously saw the way the wind as blowing. In Denmark, the hunting organisation has actually asked their government to ban plastic wads. Denmark doesn't have any cartridge manufacturers. It imports everything.

If some UK cartridge manufacturers have decided to fall out with nine shooting oganisations representing most of their market, while at the same time demanding money to change, then I wonder about their business acumen. 

Well by the looks of it, you don't need to worry about some at BASC's business acumen, if the rumours are true they are willing to do whatever it takes to make money, even sail the membership down the river.

But hey at least the few will be making some money, even if it is at the expense of the people they are supposed to represent.

Having a look on companies house, makes for some interesting reading, looking at past directors of the company BASC LIMITED and other companies they have been involved with. Seems the people at the top have been raking it in from the membership for years. Of course I could be jumping to conclusions especially as BASC LIMITED, isnt actually The BASC which you cannot get the names of the people at the top.

Edited by Newbie to this

29 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Well by the looks of it, you don't need to worry about some at BASC's business acumen, if the rumours are true they are willing to do whatever it takes to make money, even sail the membership down the river.

But hey at least the few will be making some money, even if it is at the expense of the people they are supposed to represent.

Having a look on companies house, makes for some interesting reading, looking at past directors of the company BASC LIMITED and other companies they have been involved with. Seems the people at the top have been raking it in from the membership for years. Of course I could be jumping to conclusions especially as BASC LIMITED, isnt actually The BASC which you cannot get the names of the people at the top.

Who shot JFK.? serious question.

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

What has that got to do with BASC's seemingly underhand dealings ??? or the fiasco of the voluntary lead and plastic ban 

But to answer your question - Lee Havey Oswald.

There is always a underhand plot, some secret conspiracy some one creaming off the millions.  Its never all the shooting organisations getting together doing their jobs and trying to think of a way forward when they are effectively looking at grim times ahead if we just stay as we are. 

1 minute ago, stagboy said:

But was he using lead ammunition?

In an italian rifle, and italy made the controller for the retro rockets used in the  the moon landing that never happened.

2 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

Mrs JFK 

You leave her out of this she had enough to put up with.

6 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

There is always a underhand plot, some secret conspiracy some one creaming off the millions.  Its never all the shooting organisations getting together doing their jobs and trying to think of a way forward when they are effectively looking at grim times ahead if we just stay as we are. 

Well if that’s your argument then do it for the membership that elected you, not for your own pocket, as for JFK who cares who shot him he’s dead, resigned to history. Let’s hope the BASC aren’t.

5 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Well if that’s your argument then do it for the membership that elected you, not for your own pocket, as for JFK who cares who shot him he’s dead, resigned to history. Let’s hope the BASC aren’t.

They are hung drawn and quartered straight off.

it makes Matthew Hopkins look like a paragon of the judiciary.

Gamebore accounts filed at Companies House, signed by the directors on 3rd Sept 2019

Risks and Uncertainties

..2. Changes in legislation regarding our current products containing lead... The company has strategies to manage these risks and he directors are actively investing in new machinery and technology. Gamebore has been  at the forefront for the past 25 years in non-toxic/biodegradable products, and we remain committed to investing in the future to continue the business success the company has reported. 

29 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

You keep fighting their corner, and dismissing everything else as wack job conspiracy theories. 

BASC and the others are membership organisations, the members should have been consulted and BASC Etc. should have put their argument forward and then put it to the membership, whatever was then decided should have been the official stance (regardless of what BASC's magical crystal ball could see, (and I'm the conspiracy nut)) (also bear in mind I said I may be wrong). The membership is their bread and butter, these are the people that they should be fighting for, not giving up and rolling over on their behalf, even if there is a profit to be made :whistling:

Edited by Newbie to this

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Isn’t there always a financial incentive? 🙂

Gamebore accounts filed at Companies House, signed by the directors on 3rd Sept 2019

Risks and Uncertainties

..2. Changes in legislation regarding our current products containing lead... The company has strategies to manage these risks and he directors are actively investing in new machinery and technology. Gamebore has been  at the forefront for the past 25 years in non-toxic/biodegradable products, and we remain committed to investing in the future to continue the business success the company has reported. 

6 minutes ago, stagboy said:

Risks and Uncertainties

I am no fan of gamebore.

10 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You keep fighting their corner, and dismissing everything else as wack job conspiracy theories. 

BASC and the others are membership organisations, the members should have been consulted and BASC Etc. should have put their argument forward and then put it to the membership, whatever was then decided should have been the official stance (regardless of what BASC's magical crystal ball could see, (and I'm the conspiracy nut)) (also bear in mind I said I may be wrong). The membership is their bread and butter, these are the people that they should be fighting for, not giving up and rolling over on their behalf, even if there is a profit to be made :whistling:

I have never advocated a single conspiracy theory on this subject. but i admit see no point bashing BASC or the other organisations.  BASC bashing is rife in the shooting world, i have been around long enough to have seen it all.

and heard it all nostalgia for WAGBI it is focused in that quarter/ area. and is founded on nothing more than fond memories and fantasy. BASC  has evolved into our biggest best shooting organisation, we should be getting behind it not tearing it to pieces on a pigeon shooting forum and all over facebook etc.

When i SEE wrong i mean that matters ill act then but i wont cry and whine like a loneley pup, ill get of my harris and get my self on the council and change this Organisation to where it needs to be. GET ACTIVE IF ITS NOT SUITING YOU CHANGE THE ******.

From Lyalvale Express accounts:

The 52 weeks to March 30 2019 has seen difficult trading conditions. The ultimate users of our products still continue to have reduced disposable  income. As a result of these difficult conditions the operating profit has reduced by 29.2%. Despite this reduction in profit the cash generate continues to be satisfactory.

9 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

don't tell me,you are an Eley fan?

No not really. its not cartridges as such, its way deeper than that. Talking cartridges Hull. just the solway steel everything else now poor. Gamebore. super steel mamoth steel and 10 rhinos ok. lyalvale. the supremes in the day and 36 gram lead game ok but everything else poor. proper not used any no steel not for or againt. caladonian monarch. ok glad they are around keep things honest. Eley. Well rio connection ammo in house bismuth is good for its bismuth content. but prety poor really.

No monarch and proper if he gets his act together with non tox ok. but rest of em in uk. PAH!. Ill go abroad thanks RC NSI FOB why we not get FOB here the viri  super sports good. Winchester and rotweilel i like them always have. B&P victory most good Big four here PAH! Eley with maxam. maybe probably Er maybe not. . BIG?

25 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

BASC  has evolved into our biggest best shooting organisation, we should be getting behind it

I think you have that a bit backwards, BASC should get behind their members, it is after all their members that have made them into the biggest shooting organisation.

I think you may find that this is the bit that has most members backs up, the fact that they were not informed, let alone consulted.

And if any of the recent rumours are true then BASC are far from the 'BEST' shooting organisation.

25 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I have never advocated a single conspiracy theory on this subject.

On 06/03/2020 at 22:01, lancer425 said:

I think we can realistically consider that our organisations probably had some form of intel on this issue

:hmm: I take it you have insider information on this 'fact' then. If not, then it is not just a theory, or one may say, a conspiracy theory:lol:

Edited by Newbie to this

13 minutes ago, stagboy said:

From Lyalvale Express accounts:

The 52 weeks to March 30 2019 has seen difficult trading conditions. The ultimate users of our products still continue to have reduced disposable  income. As a result of these difficult conditions the operating profit has reduced by 29.2%. Despite this reduction in profit the cash generate continues to be satisfactory.

Because they are 20 years behind and charge the earth for rubbish. was a good bloke there Brian jackson i think his name was he will have gone i guess now and with him the gumption behind them i imagine pretty lack lustre these days. the 3 inch 1 1/2 oz t of ok but its no match for the solway steel quite supprised hull made that cartridge its unlike them making something that patterns like that. 

5 minutes ago, grahamch said:

This thread is getting way off the original purpose and becoming full of conspiracies! 

Yep its bash basc to death and mo moon landings that for sure. .

4 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I think you have that a bit backwards, BASC should get behind their members, it is after all their members that have made them into the biggest shooting organisation.

I think you may find that this is the bit that has most members backs up, the fact that they were not informed, let alone consulted.

And if any of the recent rumours are true then BASC are far from the 'BEST' shooting organisation.

I take it you have insider information on this 'fact' then. If not, then it is not just a theory, or one may say a conspiracy theory

FAIR COP GOV! :lol:.   Its been interesting it has to be said. But always nice to see us shooters totally un united and not behind our shooting organisations one bit. and may i add in uncertain times.  OH! yes very comforting. ! NOT!.

Companies that cannot adapt to market trends tend to fade away. But commerce abhors a vacuum. I wonder when these guys (below) will get in the UK market?

https://bioammo.es/

hello, i do not know the formalities of importing shotgun cartridges, but i sure there would be many shooters interested from UK, with no Official importer this seems an opportunity, unless the cost of cartridges will determine if this viable.