Lead ban & BASC

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Entitled to a view and a comment 

but not a answer from the organisations that you are not a member of 

what have you personally done to counter the anti attack? 

when a organisation affects my sport which basc HAS done l am entitled to a answer i have had some serious disagreements with antis in town over shooting rest assured 

1 minute ago, wymberley said:

Why do you have to use bismuth?

I presume you make reference to my post on moulded AAA in Shot-gunning foxes. Indian creek choke etc RIGHT ?

1 minute ago, andrewluke said:

because he can afford it:whistling:,he'll be along pretty soon with a couple more replies

I do not see what that has to do with anything least alone you.

5 minutes ago, David BASC said:

No one has banned lead, we want to work together to ensue shooting is seen as sustainable, and plan to deliver this over the next 5 years. Accept that some are not happy but for those that are complaining have you read and understood the threats coming from Europe? What we have done it to have done as much as we can to get on the front foot to control the situation

Have BASC got an idea on what they want to do if, say in 5 years time there is no suitable alternative to lead? 

2 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

because he can afford it,he'll be along pretty soon with a couple more replies

your going to be as popular as i am at this rate my friend 

9 minutes ago, David BASC said:

No one has banned lead, we want to work together to ensue shooting is seen as sustainable, and plan to deliver this over the next 5 years. Accept that some are not happy but for those that are complaining have you read and understood the threats coming from Europe? What we have done it to have done as much as we can to get on the front foot to control the situation

nobody is claiming it has been banned but it will be in time thanks to basc 

26 minutes ago, clangerman said:

because i have to put up with their failure to counter the antis threat sacs explained they were misled by basc and thanks to basc calling for a ban i now have to use steel instead of lead that’s why i am entitled to my view they affect my sport 

But you don't have to use steel; lead hasn't been banned. I'm still using lead as are many others, so why are you using steel if you'd prefer to use lead?  

Just now, Scully said:

But you don't have to use steel; lead hasn't been banned. I'm still using lead as are many others, so why are you using steel if you'd prefer to use lead?  

borrowed half a box then thought might as well buy some it’s done after basc called for a voluntary ban stuffed now getting on with using it 

8 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

Blame the cartridge companies I would imagine, they will have had long enough.

I wasn't actually digging with that question, I would genuinely like to know. 

I can't believe the big 4 will spend the next 5 years doing nothing regarding finding a suitable replacement. Would be a dangerous game to play for them I think.

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Exactly, carry on using lead and just ignore basc, after all with what is going on in the world I think it may be a very long time before the government worries about banning lead. 
Cartridge manufacture may yet go out of business or certainly have no spare money for R&D given clay shooting will significantly be affected over the remainder of this year as will game shooting unless this virus is stoped very quickly.

3 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Exactly, carry on using lead and just ignore basc, after all with what is going on in the world I think it may be a very long time before the government worries about banning lead. 
Cartridge manufacture may yet go out of business or certainly have no spare money for R&D given clay shooting will significantly be affected over the remainder of this year as will game shooting unless this virus is stoped very quickly.

your right it’s getting a bit much i hoped clangerman fans might pay for me to isolate on a tropical island 

53 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i now have to use steel instead of lead 

Would you kindly tell me where this is laid down, because I am in two of the organisations who signed up to the voluntary phasing out of single use plastic and lead shot and I can find nothing saying lead is now banned ? Nothing on the cartridge manufacturers web sites either, so can only assume you are privvy to some inside information.

Edited by JJsDad

2 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Would you kindly tell me where this is laid down, becaust I am in two of the organisations who signed up to the voluntary phasing out of single use plastic and lead shot and I can find nothing saying lead is now banned ? Nothing on the cartridge manufacturers web sites either, so can only assume you are privvy to some inside information.

already explained it mate after basc called for a voluntary it’s a done deal basc has stuffed the use of lead just buy the steel 

1 minute ago, JJsDad said:

Would you kindly tell me where this is laid down, becaust I am in two of the organisations who signed up to the voluntary phasing out of single use plastic and lead shot and I can find nothing saying lead is now banned ? Nothing on the cartridge manufacturers web sites either, so can only assume you are privvy to some inside information.

shooters had a hard enough of a fight for lead shot when BASC was backing them,now that BASC want it banned what do you think will happen next??

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

your right it’s getting a bit much i hoped clangerman fans might pay for me to isolate on a tropical island 

Think you have left it to late to leave unless you have your own plane or boat.

with clay grounds starting to close due to the virus then the sport is heading for trouble the commercial grounds should qualify for government financial help but what about the Clubs who will financially support them when they can no longer pay their rent.

10 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

I wasn't actually digging with that question, I would genuinely like to know. 

I can't believe the big 4 will spend the next 5 years doing nothing regarding finding a suitable replacement. Would be a dangerous game to play for them I think.

It was a genuine answer. The BASC can sit back now, ball is firmly in ours and the cartridge companies court. They now have a five year window for...........marketing the millions of toxic free gamebirds Europe are gagging for.

1 minute ago, rbrowning2 said:

Think you have left it to late to leave unless you have your own plane or boat.

with clay grounds starting to close due to the virus then the sport is heading for trouble the commercial grounds should qualify for government financial help but what about the Clubs who will financially support them when they can no longer pay their rent.

the whole shooting industry is going to take a big hit all we can do is spend a few quid out tomorrow just to take my mind of it 

6 minutes ago, 8 shot said:

It was a genuine answer. The BASC can sit back now, ball is firmly in ours and the cartridge companies court. They now have a five year window for...........marketing the millions of toxic free gamebirds Europe are gagging for.

Hmmm.

I sincerely hope they support them through this. It would go away to help repair the some of the damage done.

10 hours ago, clangerman said:

borrowed half a box then thought might as well buy some it’s done after basc called for a voluntary ban stuffed now getting on with using it 

Well thats entirely up to you, but there’s no need. Personally I think you’ve lost the argument over this aspect but are stubbornly digging your heels in to make a point. 
You don’t need to use steel if you don’t want to. 🤔

Lets stick to the facts, BASC has not banned lead! The shooting orgs want to see a phase out of lead and single use plastics over the next 5 years.

The cartridge manufacturers have been producing non lead and non plastic wad cartridges in increasing numbers over the years. They like the shooting organisations are very aware of what ECHA has delivered in its reports on lead and what the European Commission have asked ECHA to do next. In that context is would be grossly negligent to ignore this and plough on as if nothing was happening. Changes are coming whether we like it or not, but by taking the current course of action the organisations have put shooting on the front foot.

There are already a wide range of cartridges available in non lead in 12 and 20 bore and the cartridge manufacturers will, I am sure, produce more based on market demand. However, personally I do feel there is the need to develop a 2 1/2 inch 12 bore in standard steel, as well as to look at some of the other calibres, but as I say that's very much in the hands of the manufactures and market demand.