Lockdown

DazAllison

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Well I reckon in my scenario you don't differentiate at all, I think you just give every adult a payment, it's a fixed rate and an extra allowance for dependents. Super simple, super fast. It would have been better if the govt had done this. Some may not need it, but you could either deduct this from a future payment if things get more targeted or just think of it as a stimulus package. No-one would miss out and the money could go out almost instantaneously accross the country.

Great idea but too simple,  some will moan their on far more, it would be interesting though how it would be given out, might suddenly find a load of people who aren't officially here?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

when your looking down the wrong end of a barrel you comply or else this is the real deal we don’t have time to play with idiots 

That's a world apart from where the UK is.  While I absolutely do get the sentiment of your post what do you think would happen if we imposed martial law and started directing people at gunpoint?

Fundamentally we are an exceptionally liberal country with long help and sorely fought for entrenched freedoms.  Of course people would mostly react as you might want, at a given point in time, under the threat of being shot, but the consequence would be horrendous. 

3 minutes ago, grrclark said:

That's a world apart from where the UK is.  While I absolutely do get the sentiment of your post what do you think would happen if we imposed martial law and started directing people at gunpoint?

Fundamentally we are an exceptionally liberal country with long help and sorely fought for entrenched freedoms.  Of course people would mostly react as you might want, at a given point in time, under the threat of being shot, but the consequence would be horrendous. 

harsh times call for harsh measures unfortunately if you stay in as we are told to you won’t have a problem 

Just now, clangerman said:

harsh times call for harsh measures unfortunately if you stay in as we are told to you won’t have a problem 

It just wont happen in this country, at least I hope never to see the day when we have to resort to those sorts of measures.

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

So you go out for what you think is a legitimate reason and you get shot by a trigger happy soldier. Get real. 

Lockdown,,,but are we still receiving flights from infected countries,,??

How long,,what's their plan,,??

Like a lot of things I always think "be careful what you wish for".......

For many shouting about lockdown I dont think many fully realize the implications of this and it wont be for a few days and after novelty has worn off you'll still be left staring a four walls......!!!

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

your putting me of the idea now thought they were trained for this sort of thing 

Just human like the rest of us and with all the fears that go along with that.

As a hypothetical example, I’ve not personally seen the clip, but apparently on GMB there was a clip shown of an idiot in a supermarket licking goods on the shelf, because it was funny banter.

If you’re a soldier asked to impose civil rule with the potential of deadly force, your parents/grand parents/pregnant wife are hooked up to a ventilator and you’re terrified they are going to die.  What would you do to that lad?

I know i’d leave him with no tongue to lick anything.

7 minutes ago, grrclark said:

As a hypothetical example, I’ve not personally seen the clip, but apparently on GMB there was a clip shown of an idiot in a supermarket licking goods on the shelf, because it was funny banter.

If you’re a soldier asked to impose civil rule with the potential of deadly force, your parents/grand parents/pregnant wife are hooked up to a ventilator and you’re terrified they are going to die.  What would you do to that lad?

amen to that what a idiot 

12 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Often just young lads trained to follow orders and armed,  but depending on how long things go it could well get messy.

If the clip was the one I saw of the lad biting a french stick and putting it back while his mate films it they could do with a good kicking.

Just now, Mice! said:

Often just young lads trained to follow orders and armed,  but depending on how long things go it could well get messy.

If the clip was the one I saw of the lad biting a french stick and putting it back while his mate films it they could do with a good kicking.

I didn't see it so don't know, a mate told me about it earlier.  Agree with your thoughts about what they deserve.

Just now, grrclark said:

I didn't see it so don't know, a mate told me about it earlier.  Agree with your thoughts about what they deserve.

I saw it on Facebook,  if my 5 year old had done it would be cheeky,  a grown up being filmed doing 🤬🤬

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

Whilst a bullet behind the ear might be a tad extreme, a broken nose would fit the bill very well.

21 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Whilst a bullet behind the ear might be a tad extreme, a broken nose would fit the bill very well.

Funny how people can fall down suddenly!

A fool in Tesco's in Peterborough over the weekend was arguing with a checkout girl, ended up spitting in her face, but a Policeman was in the queue, threw him to the ground, cuffed him, arrested him and marched him to the Police car and off to custody!

We hope the Judge deals with him appropriately.

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Funny how people can fall down suddenly!

A fool in Tesco's in Peterborough over the weekend was arguing with a checkout girl, ended up spitting in her face, but a Policeman was in the queue, threw him to the ground, cuffed him, arrested him and marched him to the Police car and off to custody!

We hope the Judge deals with him appropriately.

I do hope he "fell over" many times getting into and out of the car.