Lockdown

DazAllison

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just to town to get the basics and I've been really amused by the Corona Dance. Everybody shimmying around each other and apologising if they think they've come too close. Walking down there, for excercise, and people were stepping out of their doors onto the pavement then making a hasty retreat when they realise there's somebody there.

Definitely got to be a comedy sketch in the future.

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, seems the BBC are still sending out reporters to film in parts of UK ?

They'll say its essential to keep people informed? They could well be local to the area their reporting from?

I was more concerned about the person reporting from China with no mask on yesterday. 

Homebase were doing ‘one in, one out’. It didn’t go down well when I said I was going to buy a kitchen and would be about an hour! Actually just got a tin of paint. People were queuing sensibly and maintaining a two metre gap. 

16 hours ago, grrclark said:

Just human like the rest of us and with all the fears that go along with that.

As a hypothetical example, I’ve not personally seen the clip, but apparently on GMB there was a clip shown of an idiot in a supermarket licking goods on the shelf, because it was funny banter.

If you’re a soldier asked to impose civil rule with the potential of deadly force, your parents/grand parents/pregnant wife are hooked up to a ventilator and you’re terrified they are going to die.  What would you do to that lad?

I know i’d leave him with no tongue to lick anything.

Sadly that maybe is the way that this constant ignoring of law is leading, towards good people thinking off piste thoughts for solutions?

5 minutes ago, AVB said:

Homebase were doing ‘one in, one out’. It didn’t go down well when I said I was going to buy a kitchen and would be about an hour! Actually just got a tin of paint. People were queuing sensibly and maintaining a two metre gap. 

about time my daughter has to work in this she’s putting a brave face on but i can tell she’s terrified 

16 minutes ago, Mice! said:

They'll say its essential to keep people informed? They could well be local to the area their reporting from?

I was more concerned about the person reporting from China with no mask on yesterday. 

hello, more than likely, talking of China i had an email a few days ago from a company there  asking if i wanted to purchase, yes face masks

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Two apache helicopters flew over my house today (true). Apparently they are going to be used to machine gun people breaking the ‘lockdown’ (not true but feel free to share along with all of the other **** you read on social media). 

9 minutes ago, AVB said:

Two apache helicopters flew over my house today (true). Apparently they are going to be used to machine gun people breaking the ‘lockdown’ (not true but feel free to share along with all of the other **** you read on social media). 

But that is in the next stage of the lockdown!:w00t:

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But that is in the next stage of the lockdown!

That’s ok, I plan on using a deer carcass as a body suit to evade the helo’s

Now, how long to walk to my other place? - don’t shoot me, I’m the deer walking like it’s drunk 

Today is the first day that I have really noticed a difference as I have been work just as before. I have just been out around the block with the dogs (would normally go over to see my olds and walk the dogs round the farm) it's  like  something from a film! No planes, no cars, and no one out in the road you can just here the wind blowing the birds and a dog barking in the distance!

On 23/03/2020 at 05:34, Nuke said:

Everybody, or at least the elders, goes to church in Italy? Italians kiss each other on the cheek,  i think a japanese would be horrified if you tried.

And they don't generally shake hands, something to be said for a bow or a nod of the head ??

A couple who own a big static in Lowther Park were given two hours notice to leave their premises the other week when the holiday parks closed, which basically left them homeless! They had phoned around in desperation and eventually found a letting agency which contacted OH's parents who own a holiday let. They moved in with what clothes they had managed to grab in the two hours they had been given, and have been in there since.

A couple of days ago they received information telling them that since they owned their static and it was their only place of residence, they shouldn't have been told to leave; they are busy now packing up ready to move back to Lowther Park! 

Like I've said, common sense and logic has to prevail, and in these times of quickly changing circumstances, it's still well worth taking the time to sit back and weigh up the pros and cons.  

48 minutes ago, Scully said:

A couple who own a big static in Lowther Park were given two hours notice to leave their premises the other week when the holiday parks closed, which basically left them homeless! They had phoned around in desperation and eventually found a letting agency which contacted OH's parents who own a holiday let. They moved in with what clothes they had managed to grab in the two hours they had been given, and have been in there since.

A couple of days ago they received information telling them that since they owned their static and it was their only place of residence, they shouldn't have been told to leave; they are busy now packing up ready to move back to Lowther Park! 

Like I've said, common sense and logic has to prevail, and in these times of quickly changing circumstances, it's still well worth taking the time to sit back and weigh up the pros and cons.  

hello, stupid management there Scully, hope all goes well for them,

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, stupid management there Scully, hope all goes well for them,

Yeah, just a bit of panic I think. OH’s mother ( who is in the stated high risk group ) is now left with a holiday let to clean.
She could have said no, but couldn’t turn away people who were desperate. She even provided them with some food until they could get to a shop. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yeah, just a bit of panic I think. OH’s mother ( who is in the stated high risk group ) is now left with a holiday let to clean.
She could have said no, but couldn’t turn away people who were desperate. She even provided them with some food until they could get to a shop. 

hello, well done MUM :good:

The 20 odd 2nd homes and holiday lets i look look after are now mainly fully occupied by the owners  there families and friends. They were noticeably pouring in to Suffolk last weekend. Cars so full of clothes bedding and food you couldn't see in them. Was like peak holiday season. Be interesting to see if there's a spike in cases in the popular towns like Southwold Aldebrough and Framlingham etc. Last Sunday was particularity crazy! I love me bikes but there were folk out for the first time, roaring around everywhere with spring fever! More than one accident involving a biker. Today tho main road through village eerily quiet. Snow and  hale at times and bitter cold Northerly.  NB

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, well done MUM :good:

Quite. She is a kindly soul. During The Beast From the East, she fed for three days a couple from Liverpool who had turned up to stay in the let, two days before the storm hit. We just assumed they would be outdoorsy types as they hadn't cancelled. He got out of their vehicle in tracksuit bottoms, a t shirt and trainers (turned out he'd brought no coat ) and his wife in leggings and a fleece top and pumps! 

Then the storm hit and it was like the Yukon around here! 😂 He later told me that he'd called the police to ask them to come and dig him and his wife out, but when he eventually got through they had told him to just sit tight. He couldn't understand why they wouldn't come and 'rescue us' ; I explained that they were probably quite busy. 😄

We are one week in and beginning to see a breakdown of law and order. It is reported that people in Wales have been blocking roads and stopping people because they felt their journey wasn’t appropriate. 

My wife’s step mum runs a construction company. Three of their vans (one person per van) were stopped at traffic lights on Friday and two people were throwing abuse at them “stay at home you ******* idiots, save lives etc.” Little did they know that they site they were working on is a Hospital. 

And this is likely to go on until June! 

19 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

Today tho main road through village eerily quiet. Snow and  hale at times and bitter cold Northerly.  NB

Surprising what a difference the weather makes, if this had happened in February with the rain we had everyone would have stayed in much more willingly. 

5 minutes ago, AVB said:

We are one week in

Only one week😧😧 imagine what week 6 will be like.