Update from BASC / DEFRA

Just now, Scully said:

There's also clearly a few doing it with the consent of the police. That may well change, but until it does, it isn't up to you or others to either judge or tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing.

So now we reach the point where my opinion is not allowed then?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It is not for me to okay your constant virtue signalling.

Who mentioned "fun", not me!

I would love to be out shooting, but I am following the advice of the Government. 

the SAME government who caused the deaths of our loved ones by not shutting the borders on day one so those with the minerals to sit on drillings to protect the food supply can take stick for doing their part 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

the SAME government who caused the deaths of our loved ones by not shutting the borders on day one so those with the minerals to sit on drillings to protect the food supply can take stick for doing their part 

Different argument!

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So now we reach the point where my opinion is not allowed then?

Of course it is, as long as it remains just that, an opinion. You and others are constantly sniping away at others for doing something you clearly don't approve of. You've expressed an opinion and made it well known, but that clearly isn't enough for you. 

Just now, Scully said:

Of course it is, as long as it remains just that, an opinion. You and others are constantly sniping away at others for doing something you clearly don't approve of. You've expressed an opinion and made it well known, but that clearly isn't enough for you. 

But it is my opinion and all the time you and Clangerman and a couple of others are still advocating ignoring the advice from the Government that will only get strengthened I will have my say.

Clangerman keeps going off on a tangent and attempting to belittle people that state we should do as we are told.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

But it is my opinion and all the time you and Clangerman and a couple of others are still advocating ignoring the advice from the Government that will only get strengthened I will have my say.

Clangerman keeps going off on a tangent and attempting to belittle people that state we should do as we are told.

it is advice at the moment

7 minutes ago, Scully said:

nobody can deny i’m the biggest fan of opinion and free views constant harping stay in do as your told is NOT a opinion or view 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

There's also clearly a few doing it with the consent of the police. That may well change, but until it does, it isn't up to you or others to either judge or tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing.

The governments advice is crustal clear. We even got a letter with it writen on what we can and can not do.

Stay home protect the NHS save lives. Its plastered all over the poduims every time downing street gives an update.

It never said go out protecting crops or livestock. on and government issued advice i ever seen so far.

And guess what i loves my foxing, live for it but would i go out at the moment. NO! Well Why? Because i do not want to risk my life or more importantly the lives of others i may infect if i am a carrier.

I dont think i am a carrier, but to be honest i have no idea i never been tested. So Ill do as suggested in my letter to the letter, i do not expect or demand anybody else does any more than me. But i do get pretty ****** off when individuals decide to take the law into their own hands and put others lives in danger.

I read my letter, i suggest others do the same. Its clear simple advice. Stay home Protect the NHS save lives. thats it end of. !

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It’s not up to you to tell people what they can and cannot do. 

You've expressed your opinion, but like I said, it obviously isn’t enough for you. 

Just now, Scully said:

It’s not up to you to tell people what they can and cannot do. 

You've expressed your opinion, but like I said, it obviously isn’t enough for you. 

So I cannot repeat my opinion but those that choose to ignore the Government advice can keep stating that they are going shooting?

I wonder if this had happened in three months time when the majority of the crops were lifted , harvested or combined if there would had been the same desire to shoot the stubble's in order to save the  crops of the following next year , or if there was , how would they had got round it ?

Everyone seem to be intent in saving the farmer crop from severe damage when it had just been drilled , apart from the loose grain or seed on the surface , a Pigeon would show very little interest in the seed that had been punched 3 / 4 inches in the ground , not every drilled field that have got Pigeons on is covered by a decoyer and yet you hear of very few fields that were written off through Pigeon damage , in fact despite Pigeons going on the drilling's and a few fields that got laid ,a lot of the grain fields last year had near on record crops .:hmm:

Last year some of our Barley fields had more damage by Rabbits than they did with Pigeons but nobody have mentioned rabbits ,

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I genuinely think that would be a step too far, and that Government are risking this isolation requirement back firing on them if they impose more stringent rules. I can understand governments reluctance to do it, and It may yet come to that, but how on earth would a curfew be policed on a nationwide level? 

Perhaps the existing rules need enforcing by the police and maybe the Army? We are too soft in this country 

5 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I wonder if this had happened in three months time when the majority of the crops were lifted , harvested or combined if there would had been the same desire to shoot the stubble's in order to save the  crops of the following next year , or if there was , how would they had got round it ?

Everyone seem to be intent in saving the farmer crop from severe damage when it had just been drilled , apart from the loose grain or seed on the surface , a Pigeon would show very little interest in the seed that had been punched 3 / 4 inches in the ground , not every drilled field that have got Pigeons on is covered by a decoyer and yet you hear of very few fields that were written off through Pigeon damage , in fact despite Pigeons going on the drilling's and a few fields that got laid ,a lot of the grain fields last year had near on record crops .:hmm:

Last year some of our Barley fields had more damage by Rabbits than they did with Pigeons but nobody have mentioned rabbits ,

Sorry but way too much common sense for this debate MM.

What we need here is a rallying call to arms, of all the sun bronzed columba palumba  fighting warriors . Who  risk it all to protect our drilled crops from...... From...... Well something ... BLUE HOARD thats it Blue hoard that are  well..... Doing something wrong i am sure. .... Somewhere .... i am sure. So there. !

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

What we need here is a rallying call to arms, of all the sun bronzed columba palumba  fighting warriors . Who  risk it all to protect our drilled crops from...... From...... Well something ... BLUE HOARD thats it Blue hoard that are  well..... Doing something wrong i am sure. .... Somewhere .... i am sure. So there. !

i would share your thoughts with your permissions see what the farmers take on them are 

9 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I'm not risking anything at all. 

41 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So I cannot repeat my opinion but those that choose to ignore the Government advice can keep stating that they are going shooting?

You can repeat it all you want, but it isn't up to you or others on this forum to tell others what they should and shouldn't be doing. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

You can repeat it all you want, but it isn't up to you or others on this forum to tell others what they should and shouldn't be doing. 

Your use of the word repeat is interesting.

I am advocating following the Government advice and you are repeatedly saying not to follow the advice of the Government

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

1 hour ago, Scully said:

There's clearly those who think it is shooters who will be or are responsible for any stricter rules which may or may not be instigated, when it is in fact urban dwellers socially congregating and having picnics in parks etc. Some shooters are isolated in fields doing what they do, just as farmers and many others are doing what they do, putting exactly no one at any risk whatsoever. 

And those builders staying apart on new build sites - how dare they? Oh hang on...  .GOV thinks that's OK so they don't have to pay their wages - but a home buyer would not be making an essential journey.... 

Just come back from one of my local permissions, approx 5 mins drive, loads of feral pigeons and corvids. They eat and ***** all over the cattle food. The cattle sheds were totally devoid of any other person, never saw a sole. When you compare this activity compared to 3000 persons walking through London parks yesterday do I feel that I acted irresponsible. No I do not. 

3 hours ago, craig1982 said:

Just come back from one of my local permissions, approx 5 mins drive, loads of feral pigeons and corvids. They eat and all over the cattle food. The cattle sheds were totally devoid of any other person, never saw a sole. When you compare this activity compared to 3000 persons walking through London parks yesterday do I feel that I acted irresponsible. No I do not. 

welcome to the world of double standard 1000 people tanning in a park but it’s not acceptable to protect the nations food supply when asked 

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Your use of the word repeat is interesting.

I am advocating following the Government advice and you are repeatedly saying not to follow the advice of the Government

I have never told anyone 'not to follow the advice of the Government'. What I have said is that common sense and logic must prevail. If this 'advice' changes to become more stringent, it wont be because of some bloke sat in a hide shooting, but rather because of all those in urban societies who congregate in parks and wherever for picnics and to sunbathe. The weather is so nice here today that there are people in the village having picnics and perhaps there's also a bit of sunbathing going on (didn't like to look too close😀) in their own back gardens. It's not their fault they live in the sticks and some live on top of each other. 

Like I said, common sense and logic.