How much are we being told lies about!!

millrace

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

It’s potentially killing a lot of people who would have died in say the next six months in a shorter space of time, say one month, and hence overloading the system. 

Not normal but not the end of the world. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So on tonight's update.....

If we had stopped air travel and shut down we would still have the same numbers of ppl with the virus.....cause that's what happened when Italy and USA shut down except  they haven't.....

And when we start getting back to normal flying ppl in from heavily infected places will have no affect here and there will be no quarantine on these visitors just crack on and go as you wish ....

Some days I'm glad I'm just a stupid citizen.....the mind boggles at this do as we say not as we do attitude......

25 minutes ago, AVB said:

It’s potentially killing a lot of people who would have died in say the next six months in a shorter space of time, say one month, and hence overloading the system. 

Not normal but not the end of the world. 

This. There are of course some who are being lost way before their time due to underlying conditions and presumably a particular sensitivity to the biological specifics of the virus - but these are very much in the minority, thankfully. And this is precisely why we do need an exit strategy clearly laid out.

18 minutes ago, millrace said:

So on tonight's update.....

If we had stopped air travel and shut down we would still have the same numbers of ppl with the virus.....cause that's what happened when Italy and USA shut down except  they haven't.....

And when we start getting back to normal flying ppl in from heavily infected places will have no affect here and there will be no quarantine on these visitors just crack on and go as you wish ....

Some days I'm glad I'm just a stupid citizen.....the mind boggles at this do as we say not as we do attitude......

I've not seen / heard it yet, is that really what was said?

Think it was an answer to the "sun"reporter tho dont quote me on that,,it really was quite staggering to get a response like that,,,,,shows they have no idea how to get out of this,,,ceems everything put in place to help nhs cope but no idea of what to do next to get out,,they miss were an island stop flying ppl here or stick them in lock down for 2 weeks under supervision has to help with transmittal ,,,,,give you an example,,,faulkland island....0 cases,,,military base last week 1 and now 5 cases....how did they get there,,  oh yea on a plane from here....well done!!!, let's hope they contain it on base....yesterdays passport office email basically summed up the position,,,get back to work,,,we cant avoid this forever....

6 minutes ago, JDog said:

Millrace, could you have done better? You seem keen to criticise which is easy enough from your arm chair.

These are unprecedented times. There were no blue prints to work from to sort the mess out.

Ok answer this just as an example,,,why are we still flying people from known hotspots letting them off the plane with a ,,,oh if you dont feel well in few days self isolate,,,,no matter how many ppl you come in contact with before then that's no odds except it is because if you were quarantined like Australia has done these people would never have been in contact with you and may not now be infecting others,,,, surely this is not an unfounded in logic criticism!!

Just now, millrace said:

Ok answer this just as an example,,,why are we still flying people from known hotspots letting them off the plane with a ,,,oh if you dont feel well in few days self isolate,,,,no matter how many ppl you come in contact with before then that's no odds except it is because if you were quarantined like Australia has done these people would never have been in contact with you and may not now be infecting others,,,, surely this is not an unfounded in logic criticism!!

Think this through. Yes, there are still flights operating but how many people are on them and on what basis are those arriving doing so - they are clearly not tourists. Most businesses have imposed a travel ban and it's unlikely anyone travelling is involved in conventional business anyway. So members of the public that are travelling are either doing so for repatriation purposes on in extreme cases I suspect on grounds of compassion.

Our borders are closed but that doesn't mean they are shut under all circumstances.

Whilst your example of the Falklands is a valid one, once the horse has bolted - as is the case in the UK, it becomes a moot point...

11 minutes ago, JDog said:

These are unprecedented times. There were no blue prints to work from to sort the mess out.

Exactly.

Theres 5000 coming from India announced proudly yesterday or today .....my main point is that they are not in quarantine,,,,I dont care your reason for travel,,compassion or buisness whatever,,we were told 1 person can infect x amount more was it 128 cant remember the graph they used,,but these arrivals dont help when the rest of the country sits tight.....

Just now, millrace said:

Theres 5000 coming from India announced proudly yesterday or today .....my main point is that they are not in quarantine,,,,I dont care your reason for travel,,compassion or buisness whatever,,we were told 1 person can infect x amount more was it 128 cant remember the graph they used,,but these arrivals dont help when the rest of the country sits tight.....

What is the source of this information please?

8 minutes ago, millrace said:

I believe it stated on the news yesterday, there were 3000 Brits being flown back to the UK from India, on 12 chartered planes? 

8 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Repatriation is a basic human right and obligation for anything other than a banana republic government! I think you need to find something else to be outraged about 😛 

I think the point is more about these 3000/5000 not being quarantined and just being let back into society without any tests, with a very real chance of infecting others. Not about them being repatriated.

Maybe all the other non banana republic governments, can repatriate their citizens that are in the UK, to ease our burdens here.

Edited by Newbie to this

Just now, Newbie to this said:

I think the point is more about these 3000/5000 not being quarantined and just being let back into society without any tests, with a very real chance of infecting others. Not about them being repatriated.

Maybe all the other non banana republic governments, can repatriate their citizens that are in the UK, to ease our burdens here.

Err, they are coming back to a country under partial quarantine, I honestly don't get your point and suggest the one you present is not particularly valid.

I'm sure Boris has made a note to ensure that, as soon as he's well enough to do so, he makes sure that pesky Dr Luigi Camporota at St Thomas' hospital is sent back whence he came 🙄

You appear to have reverted to type, disappointing but not altogether unexpected... 😛 

Repatriation flights from India.

You will not be able to travel if you are currently exhibiting Coronavirus symptoms (you will need to self-isolate and book onto a later flight). There will be mandatory healthcare screening at the airport. You should comply with any additional screening measures put in place by the authorities prior to your departure. If you travel to the airport while exhibiting symptoms, you may be moved to a mandatory quarantine facility for further testing.

A hotel near Heathrow Airport has been commandeered by the Government as a self-isolation facility for people arriving from countries worst hit by coronavirus.

The Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel is being made available for travellers coming to the UK from China, Iran, Italy and South Korea so they can self-isolate for two weeks.

10 minutes ago, oowee said:

Repatriation flights from India.

You will not be able to travel if you are currently exhibiting Coronavirus symptoms (you will need to self-isolate and book onto a later flight). There will be mandatory healthcare screening at the airport. You should comply with any additional screening measures put in place by the authorities prior to your departure. If you travel to the airport while exhibiting symptoms, you may be moved to a mandatory quarantine facility for further testing.

A hotel near Heathrow Airport has been commandeered by the Government as a self-isolation facility for people arriving from countries worst hit by coronavirus.

The Holiday Inn Heathrow Ariel is being made available for travellers coming to the UK from China, Iran, Italy and South Korea so they can self-isolate for two weeks.

And the ones who aren't showing symptoms but are carriers?

13 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Err, they are coming back to a country under partial quarantine, I honestly don't get your point and suggest the one you present is not particularly valid.

I'm sure Boris has made a note to ensure that, as soon as he's well enough to do so, he makes sure that pesky Dr Luigi Camporota at St Thomas' hospital is sent back whence he came 🙄

You appear to have reverted to type, disappointing but not altogether unexpected... 😛 

What type is that then???

We are not in partial quarantine! Far from it

Edited by Newbie to this

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Will go into isoation at home along with the rest of the population. 

After possibly getting on public transport to get home or going shopping first to get some needed food because the fridge is empty, all the while spreading the virus on everything they touch.

They should be quarantined just like the ones who were flown back from Wuhan in early March. What happend to that:hmm:

Edited by Newbie to this

4 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

After possibly getting on public transport to get home or going shopping first to get some needed food because the fridge is empty, all the while spreading the virus on everything they touch.

They should be quarantined just like the ones who were flown back from Wuhan in early March. What happend to that

Thats the same for the rest of us, where we are allowed to go shopping using public transport. Are you suggesting we should all go into quaranteen? 

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

Thats the same for the rest of us, where we are allowed to go shopping using public transport. Are you suggesting we should all go into quaranteen? 

No, I'm suggesting that those being brought back into the country should be or they should be tested for the virus. 

What is the point of putting the country in partial lockdown, in a bid to get the virus under control, just to possibly let more of it in or worse still another mutated strain.

All the time spent in partial lockdown is pointless, if they are allowing people into the country without quarantine or testing, to potentially start the spread again from scratch!

No way should they be allowed to just go and self-isolate, possibly spreading the virus.

Some people are just spreaders and show zero symptoms, taking their temperature and letting them go to spread the virus, will not cut it.

Edited by Newbie to this

15 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

No, I'm suggesting that those being brought back into the country should be or they should be tested for the virus. 

What is the point of putting the country in partial lockdown, in a bid to get the virus under control, just to possibly let more of it in or worse still another mutated strain.

All the time spent in partial lockdown is pointless, if they are allowing people into the country without quarantine or testing, to potentially start the spread again from scratch!

Quarantine or testing. No way should they be allowed to just go and self-isolate, possibly spreading the virus.

Some people are just spreaders and show zero symptoms, taking their temperature and letting them go to spread the virus, will not cut it.

But as oowee asks what’s the difference between them and us? We could be spreaders and yet we are allowed out. 

An additional 5,000 people isn’t going to make difference in a population of 60 million is it? It might make people feel more comfortable but that’s all. And that that’s the reason a lot of countries impose these restrictions. It’s a face saving exercise that enables the government to give the impression to the people that they are doing something. 

7 minutes ago, AVB said:

But as oowee asks what’s the difference between them and us? We could be spreaders and yet we are allowed out. 

An additional 5,000 people isn’t going to make difference in a population of 60 million is it? It might make people feel more comfortable but that’s all. And that that’s the reason a lot of countries impose these restrictions. It’s a face saving exercise that enables the government to give the impression to the people that they are doing something. 

The difference is we are already here, they are not. I thought that would be obvious. We can't bring the virus here, they can. What if we are finally getting it under control, and then it all starts again, just for not wanting to quarantine a few people or preferably testing them properly.

What is the point of us being in a partial lockdown, when we are potentially importing the vius with repatriated citizens. Without testing or quarantine how would we know.

We might as well all just go about our normal lives.

Edited by Newbie to this