LIFTING THE LOCKDOWN!

lancer425

Am I reading the above graph wrong, but imperial college look like their estimates have been very wide of the mark in respect of any country in the world,never mind sweden

For instance the moderate peak for the UK  suggests about 5500 deaths per day

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, clangerman said:

of coarse governments are going with the insanity of lifting the lockdowns to early your lives are not worth more than the economy to them 

You mention the 'economy 'as though it is only important to the government! We are ALL dependent on a healthy economy.

13 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

I do note back in the real world that there seem to be more cars on the road and people moving around than there was say three weeks ago.  The lack of a solid, reasoned plan communicated from central government has resulted in people making decisions for themselves

Maybe, or maybe the vast majority of people have not seen at least one member of their family succumb to the disease, as the original estimates implied!

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

I noticed this morning on the way to work higher than expected traffic, i've been hearing to of planned party's when the movement ban is lifted.  i wil stick to what we have been doing for the past 6 weeks thank you. Until i see allot less infections being reported.  

At least the gardens looking neat, and the neighbors.:good:

I noticed the same thing today; passing traffic is at least double what the recent daytime numbers have been. It will be interesting to see if  evening and nighttime traffic, which has recently been nonexistent, shows an increase.

10 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Am I reading the above graph wrong, but imperial college look like their estimates have been very wide of the mark in respect of any country in the world,never mind sweden

For instance the moderate peak for the UK  suggests about 5500 deaths per day

The absolutely wrong advice given by Imperial college has been the principle source of government advice in the UK.

1 minute ago, SpringDon said:

I noticed the same thing today; passing traffic is at least double what the recent daytime numbers have been. It will be interesting to see if  evening and nighttime traffic, which has recently been nonexistent, shows an increase.

Coming back from foxing over the past 3 weeks, traffic at night has increased considerably, at first it was eerily quiet, with the odd artic.
Now theres guilty looking car drivers all over the place 😀

7 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Which countries would you say this applies to?

ours is my main concern you can tell from the news they can’t wait to open for business insane 

6 minutes ago, AVB said:

You mention the 'economy 'as though it is only important to the government! We are ALL dependent on a healthy economy.

your life might not be worth more than a fiver but mine is you can’t spend anything if your dead 

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

ours is my main concern you can tell from the news they can’t wait to open for business insane 

A shattered economy will kill far more people than CV.
Ask labour , apparently 'tory austerity' killed 150,000 extra people in the UK  😀

This lockdown was never about stopping the virus taking its course through the population. Without a vaccine there's no way of doing that... and history teaches us that pandemics go on for a year or 2 before burning out.

The lockdown was to allow the health service to prepare and to prevent it being overwhelmed while it does so. Now that provisions are in place, the lockdown should be lifted with the proviso that people be sensible about distancing as they are currently doing in shops...

Honest opinion , there has been no LOCKDOWN at all only guide lines 

media gave it the name LOCKDOWN ,you can still go out as and when you please 

people still gathering some don’t know the meaning of social distancing whilst food shopping or even walking the dogs 

some people roaming up and down the county to visit friends family 

media calling for answers to end lockdown hoping for a second wave so they can lay the blame at the government doors 

all that was asked was to follow the guidelines yet some cannot do that 

D4F0912E-991B-49F9-A776-7C9D862AC181.png

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Honest opinion , there has been no LOCKDOWN at all only guide lines 

media gave it the name LOCKDOWN ,you can still go out as and when you please 

people still gathering some don’t know the meaning of social distancing whilst food shopping or even walking the dogs 

some people roaming up and down the county to visit friends family 

media calling for answers to end lockdown hoping for a second wave so they can lay the blame at the government doors 

all that was asked was to follow the guidelines yet some cannot do that 

D4F0912E-991B-49F9-A776-7C9D862AC181.png

Excellent post , well made.

Its not about saving lives as such , its about managing death rate, this to most extents , has been achieved .
Many more will dies of this, this year, next year and the year after that, sad, but something we need to get used to, like every other disease that kills people before their time.

53 minutes ago, clangerman said:

taking a whizz will be the least of your worries if your DEAD

As  will harping on about what made you that way.

1 hour ago, MirokuMK70 said:

This lockdown was never about stopping the virus taking its course through the population. Without a vaccine there's no way of doing that... and history teaches us that pandemics go on for a year or 2 before burning out.

The lockdown was to allow the health service to prepare and to prevent it being overwhelmed while it does so. Now that provisions are in place, the lockdown should be lifted with the proviso that people be sensible about distancing as they are currently doing in shops...

I was convinced that you were going to have some weird rant about government plots, and it ended up being perfectly sensible,  things may ease next week or they may just continue on a week by week basis,  I doubt they will want to let the media look like their calling the shots?

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

of coarse governments are going with the insanity of lifting the lockdowns to early your lives are not worth more than the economy to them 

So how long shall we stay on lockdown 12 months 24 months there has to be a stage where the lockdown is lifted to protect the economy. Would you be happy to beat covid but have thousands starve.

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

taking a whizz will be the least of your worries if your DEAD

Are you working, on furlough or on benefits. Whatever it is the country can't afford to go into next year in lockdown.

3 hours ago, Rewulf said:

What soviet bloc is this ? The one that went out in 1990 ? :lol:

YES! The one and the very same, It was the fact they withheld and controlled the Media  that was in context here. And not bif they still existed or not , which is of no consequence.

35 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

YES! The one and the very same, It was the fact they withheld and controlled the Media  that was in context here. And not bif they still existed or not , which is of no consequence.

I hear North Korea is nice this time of year :lol:

53 minutes ago, toontastic said:

Are you working, on furlough or on benefits. Whatever it is the country can't afford to go into next year in lockdown.

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

That is of no consequence though is it .

It just sounds like you prefer a regime where you are given orders with no choices.
You prefer the sound of a media that is told what to say by the government ?
The first step towards totalitarianism , next step is the correction camps, does that sound like your cup of tea ?

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It just sounds like you prefer a regime where you are given orders with no choices.
You prefer the sound of a media that is told what to say by the government ?
The first step towards totalitarianism , next step is the correction camps, does that sound like your cup of tea ?

I want an elected Government to be allowed to conduct its affairs, and be relatively unhindered fashion by the unelected press & Media  which should be fair and unbiased manner.

When Press or media starts to interfere with the government it starts to effect the country / economy.   Freedom of the press and the right to free speech is one thing but in this day and age its starting to impact the health and finances of the country.  

3 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Me?  Out of materials for DIY projects so have now embarked on learning to play an electric guitar - one week in, glacial progress but enjoying it...just need 10 more years of lock-down 🤪

What material are you using to learn with? If you don't know him already, I highly recommend young Justin. He's a very good teacher. https://www.justinguitar.com/

Edited by Retsdon

4 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I want an elected Government to be allowed to conduct its affairs  -You mean do whatever it wants, and with no one criticising it ?

6 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

the unelected press & Media  which should be fair and unbiased manner. -Dont be ridiculous , its up to you whether you buy/listen/watch the media !

7 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

When Press or media starts to interfere with the government it starts to effect the country / economy.  - In every free country in the world the media influences the 'country' and economy, if it didnt , it wouldnt exist.
When you start understanding the media, the news, is a BUSINESS ,and should be treated like one, you dont like it , dont INVEST in it.

10 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Freedom of the press and the right to free speech is one thing

NO, its everything , remove the freedom of the media, you remove a critical voice/mouthpiece of the common people.
That path leads to the removal of freedom completely.