Clay shells

tosspot

For some time now i've been using

Hull Sovereign FITASC shells, expensive but a quality bit of kit IMO

but not no more never

at best part of £200/1000

RC Titanos which is what i'd drop back on are not being made/imported for a while, so i've been told

any suggestions?

Fiochi comp maybe?

TP

D & J's :good:

These are actually a really good shell!!!

I shot a 94 at a 100 bird reg sporting with these to win a high gun!!

I've used them for ages. I've never had a dud, which is more than I can say for expensive cartridges. I'm not getting into the 90's but I'm often in the 80's and the blokes I shoot with don't do any better and they spend about 50% more on shells. I keep telling myself that I'll treat myself to some posh shells, but I never do - I don't see the point ???

TP,

I am using Express World cup at the moment, They are a damn fine shell but have now gone up to £164/1000. I am toying with either Eley Superb (very good but not that hard hitting ) or Express Super Comp.

Although both of these are similar price at around £130/1000.

I have now used up my stocks of expensive cartridges and firmly believe that there is a bit of a myth about cartridges (like the "chokes really make a difference" myth).

I now buy Eley First by the five thousand - 28g number 8. They are about £99 - £101 a thousand and a couple of quid more than the ***** D&Js.

Swear by them and must have been through 10,000 now. Never jammed or not fired, unlike D&J's (Dirty Jammers) that are properly rubbish - don't care what others say about them.

I've always used Gamebore White Gold XLR 28g #8 too, until just after Xmas when I bought 250 Eley 1sts (7.5). It was the worst month of my shooting Career. I'm sure it's just in my head but nevertheless I wont buy any more. I still have a 25 left and have written "Jonahs" on the box.

I'm back to my lovely familiar XLR's and I'm all better now.

Matt

P.S. £33.75 for 250 from Scats.

TP,

I am using Express World cup at the moment, They are a damn fine shell but have now gone up to £164/1000. I am toying with either Eley Superb (very good but not that hard hitting ) or Express Super Comp.

Although both of these are similar price at around £130/1000.

Just about finished the 250 Express Super Comp 8's, found them to be thumpy on the shoulder plus £36 for 250???, and that was before they went up, god knows what they are now. Couldn't see what I was paying the extra for as they weren't that brilliant and the see-thru casing is I think is just a gimmick.

I though DJ's were alright but not amazing in either 7.5s felt or 9s plastic but I do agree they're a bit messy.

Have tried Blue Diamonds but could see what difference the Gordon Recoil reduction does for them.

Have shot 250 of each Diana 7.5 Trap, Eley First 7.5 & Eley Olympic Trap 7.5's.

Have recently shot 100 Eley First 7.5 Felt @ a Game fair and they performed very well in my opinon.

Liked the Eley Olympics Trap 7.5's best hence the reason I've just bought 1000 @ £115.

Could also get Eley Firsts for the same price which I though was reasonable.

I agree, I have shot Eley Olympic trap 7.5 s for about 6 years now (they are loaded by Rio) I know if I miss its me not the cartidges, I have just got a thousand more last week and they cost me £106.00, And I was told the price is going up again in the next few weeks, If it keeps going up then I think I will stop shooting registered shoots as, its now costing too much.

I agree, I have shot Eley Olympic trap 7.5 s for about 6 years now (they are loaded by Rio) I know if I miss its me not the cartidges, I have just got a thousand more last week and they cost me £106.00, And I was told the price is going up again in the next few weeks, If it keeps going up then I think I will stop shooting registered shoots as, its now costing too much.

I bet the 'antis' are loving this! Bite the bullet - pay the new prices - it can't be easy for the manufacturers either. THEY are having trouble BUYING the INGOTS to make the shot.

I bet the 'antis' are loving this! Bite the bullet - pay the new prices - it can't be easy for the manufacturers either. THEY are having trouble BUYING the INGOTS to make the shot.

:) I always used to use World Cup 7's and became rather addicted then started shooting any old stuff...... normally Express Super Comp/Supreme..... very expensive but they killed beautifully.....

I'm a wee bit older now and I use Express Pro Comp Skeet 9.5's [for Skeet of course] and Floating Chambers' homeloads for sporting - bostin'! :good: